At least five soldiers killed in Mexico ambush

rooster59

At least five soldiers killed in Mexico ambush

606x341_345451.jpg

At least five soldiers have died and ten have been wounded in an armed attack on a military convoy in Mexico’s northern state of Sinaloa.

The local prosecutor’s office says the attack took place in the early morning on the edge of the city of Culiacan in the home state of the Sinaloa cartel.

The cartel’s former leader, Joaquin El Chapo Guzman, was recaptured in January after going on the run.

Guzman is currently in prison in Ciudad Juarez, a northern city on the US border, where he is awaiting extradition to the United States.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-10-01

4 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Being a cop in Mexico is nearly as hazardous as being a soldier in Assad's army in Syria.  I wouldn't be surprised if their superiors take out life insurance policies on their underlings.

I can only imagine what a policy would cost. I wouldn't be surprised if you are right though. Then the might order the kill too.

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

Call up our boy from the Philippines Duterte. He will clean house. Maybe a bit of madness is the only answer left. 

I definitely agree.......I will bet ole Duarte will succeed in eliminating a large majority of drugs in his country. You may point out that an innocent may die occasionally, but compared to how many 'innocents' will be saved from addiction (worse than death) 'down the line'......... it is many steps forward.......

We consider to fight for our freedom,  innocents will die. Innocents die daily and often without benefit to others. Look at how many innocents died on 9/11........ IT IS SAD...... to lose innocent people, but it happens daily and without taking 100 drug dealers along with them. Consider the older brother who dies saving his younger brother from drowning (quite comparable).... Innocents do die.....

I always consider percentages and in this case Duarte will save 1000% of innocents compared to the one innocent that is lost.........

I know others will have different opinions and that is what dicussion is all about........

But this is my humble opinion......

P.S. I am not from Phillipines, I'm from the US and wish we would do something like this at home.

2 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Call up our boy from the Philippines Duterte. He will clean house. Maybe a bit of madness is the only answer left. 

Better yet, legalize it, tax the beejeezus out of it and take all the fun (not to mention the $$$) out of being a drug cartel.  

Strange that I've never heard of Pfizer or Bayer or Miller or Anheuser Busch ambushing army patrols.

14 minutes ago, impulse said:

Better yet, legalize it, tax the beejeezus out of it and take all the fun (not to mention the $$$) out of being a drug cartel.  

Strange that I've never heard of Pfizer or Bayer or Miller or Anheuser Busch ambushing army patrols.

Yep. The World needs, especially the U.S., a lot more stoners and cocaine, heroin, and meth (and who knows what else) addicts.

Edited by MaxYakov
Can never get it right the first time it seems

19 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

I definitely agree.......I will bet ole Duarte will succeed in eliminating a large majority of drugs in his country. You may point out that an innocent may die occasionally, but compared to how many 'innocents' will be saved from addiction (worse than death) 'down the line'......... it is many steps forward.......

We consider to fight for our freedom,  innocents will die. Innocents die daily and often without benefit to others. Look at how many innocents died on 9/11........ IT IS SAD...... to lose innocent people, but it happens daily and without taking 100 drug dealers along with them. Consider the older brother who dies saving his younger brother from drowning (quite comparable).... Innocents do die.....

I always consider percentages and in this case Duarte will save 1000% of innocents compared to the one innocent that is lost.........

I know others will have different opinions and that is what dicussion is all about........

P.S. I am not from Phillipines, I'm from the US and wish we would do something like this at home.

Are you using Morse Code?

26 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

What if you are the older brother - are you willing to take the fall to protect future generations?

15 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

Yep. The World needs, especially the U.S., a lot more stoners and cocaine, heroin, and meth (and who knows what else) addicts.

'Cause prohibition proved how well that banning it works?  When was the last time a south of the border tequila distiller killed a squad of soldiers?

Edit:  Been a while since we've read anything despicable about the Jose Cuervo Cartel, eh?  Yet, the drug they peddle kills more than the stuff the Jalisco cartel sells.  By orders of magnitude.

Edited by impulse

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

'Cause prohibition proved how well that banning it works?  When was the last time a south of the border tequila distiller killed a squad of soldiers?

It depends on just how alcohol-addicted the soldiers were.

"Alcoholism is the 3rd leading lifestyle-related cause of death in the nation"

Ref: National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence Inc. (NCADD)

My second son lost everything to alcoholism and has been living with his mother for the last eight years. Cannot hold a job and his three kids and Ex won't even talk to him.

Have one on him!

1 minute ago, MaxYakov said:

My second son lost everything to alcoholism and has been living with his mother for the last eight years. Cannot hold a job and his three kids and Ex won't even talk to him.

Have one on him!

I took the oath back in '88 and haven't had a drop, a toke or a snort in the past 28 years.  If they all became legal tomorrow, I wouldn't be picking up any of them.  In my dream world, none of them would be available, or necessary.

But in the real world, the war on drugs has ruined more lives and destroyed more families than the drugs ever did.  The drugs themselves aren't nearly as dangerous as the illegal money associated with them.  And putting a guy in prison for snorting a little blow will destroy his family and ruin his career opportunities more completely than the cocaine ever could have.