US-Russia diplomatic stalemate on Syria, as deadly air strikes hit Aleppo

rooster59

US-Russia diplomatic stalemate on Syria, as deadly air strikes hit Aleppo

606x341_345482.jpg

With fighting raging on the ground in Syria, the war of words between the US and Russia drags resulting in diplomatic deadlock.

Washington has accused Moscow of driving moderate rebels into the hands of extremists, as Russia ramps up its support of the Syrian regime.

Fighting in Aleppo has intensified after a US-Russia-brokered truce broke down last week.

“What’s happened now, with the hitting of the humanitarian convoy, and with the subsequent siege on Aleppo, you’ve got a scenario now, a dynamic where as these moderate opposition forces are under real and increasing pressure by the regime, that they are driven more or less into the arms, they have to turn to Nusra (Front, referring to the al-Qaida-linked Fatah al-Sham Front) fight side by side. So, it just escalates and makes more confusing and more jumbled what is already a difficult situation,” Mark Toner, US Department of State spokesman told reporters.

The Kremlin counters that America failed to separate moderate groups from jihadists as they attempt to oust Bashar al-Assad.However, Washington argues that the reformed al-Nusra group had become intermingled with civilians, and so could not be targeted.

On the ground, the UN estimates that 400 civilians, among them many children, were killed this week by air strikes from the Syrian government or Russian jets.

A UK monitoring group reported 16 civilians killed in the government held west of Aleppo, including five children.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-10-01

15 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

No one is who they say they are.

This could pertain to just about anyone. If they do not find an answer soon the Syrians could be a extinct species. The Russians and the Americans do the old "Dance around the Maypole" routine and innocent people keep dying. Forget about who backs whom get it done and over with. Kick that bum Assad out on his pink posterior and put the people in charge. All these dictators are puppets marionettes for foreign powers. Sorry to pick on Americans but I love this phrase "Not conducive to American foreign interests" I think if you look at the state of American infrastructure, airports, rail there should be enough "interests" internally to keep them busy. 

When will the west and the east learn to keep their noses out of these civil wars? Let them hash it out on their own. We shouldn't be telling any country how to live, especially since we have so many problems at home, west and east. Try leading by example, maybe if they see our people happy and taken care of then they may want to follow suit. I'm pretty sure they are never going to like the people who bomb the hell out of them.

7 hours ago, Grubster said:

When will the west and the east learn to keep their noses out of these civil wars? Let them hash it out on their own. We shouldn't be telling any country how to live, especially since we have so many problems at home, west and east. Try leading by example, maybe if they see our people happy and taken care of then they may want to follow suit. I'm pretty sure they are never going to like the people who bomb the hell out of them.

Many of the ME countries get a pretty wide berth and are allowed to hash it out on their own, but they need to keep their terrorist groups and hundreds of thousands of refugees at home if they want everyone to leave them alone.

When they get to Western shores, they sure don't seem to have any problem in telling everyone else what we should do, what we should believe and how we should live.   

3 hours ago, Credo said:

Many of the ME countries get a pretty wide berth and are allowed to hash it out on their own, but they need to keep their terrorist groups and hundreds of thousands of refugees at home if they want everyone to leave them alone.

When they get to Western shores, they sure don't seem to have any problem in telling everyone else what we should do, what we should believe and how we should live.   

Wide berth?  US sticks its nose into Kuwait, Ten years later invades Iraq, Now Sryia,  All unprovoked. Why we let the slime balls move into our countries is also beyond me.   Afghanistan was provoked and justified. All the while we suck up to the number one funder of terrorism Saudi Arabia. I have no clue why. I'm not believing its oil.

The only thing I know for sure and the only reason i believe it for sure is that I have had it reported to me by my government and its lackeys a few million times, is that the Russians, doing whatever it was they were supposed to be doing, cheated.