Want my sister unlaw and niece to visit

Hi all , 

wondering if anyone has any experience with the US embassy? My sister in law and niece  want to visit us in America but she keeps telling us that the US embassy and its visa application is a right pain in the butt! My niece will be going to school in New Zealand next year and they both had no trouble sorting the visas out and visiting New Zealand to check the schools out . They have also been to london on holiday and had zero problems acquiring the visas . When it comes to America the embassy makes it super difficult to go for a visa application as the windows for applications seem to be block booked ! Is there a way to make the application easier ? 

Hmmmm, don't think the situation of getting an appointment for the visa application is quite as bad as you make it out, especially this time of year, well after the summer travel madness and not yet into Xmas.

Mr Google even helps out with a url for the State Dept on the subject:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/wait-times.html/

Visa Appointment & Processing Wait Times

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The online application form is, agreed, a bit of a pain, but get through it, make an appointment, pay the fee ($160!! Ouch!), and go for the interview.

https://th.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/

I'd think they'd not have a problem given their travel history.

Both should have their passport with the travels to NZ and UK flagged.  The niece should have her NZ school acceptance paperwork to show the interviewing officer.

You should provide a SHORT cover note for both of them, two copies, one for each, with one-liner bullets re their travel history and NZ school.

Mac