Siberian husky pups rescued from Nonthaburi house

rooster59

Siberian husky pups rescued from Nonthaburi house

EyWwB5WU57MYnKOuq7VkqlyVUQU16vBKvzTxER3WbTG6Pa7Cm0Zvhs.jpg

Image: Thairath

NONTHABURI:-- Police and animal welfare have rescued three Siberian huskies who were abandoned by their owner who went to work up country.

The pups were in a bad way suffering from exhaustion. Neighbors had tried in vain to contact the owner.

A month passed by with the animals locked up without food. Then the neighbors called animal welfare who sought the advice of the police on Thursday.

Red tape meant the police needed to get a warrant to go into the premises but all was sorted for the rescue yesterday.

Welfare officer Roger Lohanan said that the animals were in a bad way suffering from exhaustion and were shedding their coats. They were given emergency treatment including food and water.

The story received a lot of attention and comment as it spread online.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-02

This shows the depth of love.

The dog owner loves his face so much he acquired three hiso image dogs.

He loved the dogs so little that they are abandoned, instead of making arrangements to have them cared for in his absence.

1 hour ago, trogers said:

This shows the depth of love.

The dog owner loves his face so much he acquired three hiso image dogs.

He loved the dogs so little that they are abandoned, instead of making arrangements to have them cared for in his absence.

And love for his neighbors I'm sure!  His reaction will be predictable.

Edited by ChidlomDweller

3 hours ago, humbug said:

well done to all those helping to save lives of animals when they have just as much right to live on this planet as humans 

And now they have a new owner? Who is too lazy to walk them 3 times a day and gives them attention?

I know several owners who keep a big dog in a small space and never let it out...the dogs have no life at all and think they are rabbits, they also cry a lot.

8 minutes ago, RBOP said:

At $600-$1000 a pup I'm sure there is more to the storey.

That's the askingprice on the market, what if nobody wants to pay that? Right then they endup like this.

Did the owners get a (high) fine for mistreating them huskies? If not they will do it again and so will other owners. Thai have no idea what it takes to keep a dog happy. Making them fat is showing good dogcare for them but they need attention and walks.

Let's start with building nice parks where people can walk in shade all day, have dogplaygrounds, food/drink vendors (a few only!!) and they will start to like walking the dogs.

I don't see why anyone would have husky in this climate. These dogs are built for cold weather and need a lot of exercise. I don't see any snow sleds around here for them to pull...which they love to do. I use to have sheba inuet back in Canada. Same double coat as a husky and it loved to curl up and sleep in the snow even when it was snowing.  She could come in the house at any time but preferred to be outside. Best dog I ever had.

...pretty big puppies...

...unfortunately laws are arbitrarily applied....for humans and animals....

....some 'self-important' neighbor seems to be running a kennel out of his house...

...do you think the neighbors don't hear the 2x 3x daily yelping of maybe 6 dogs at a time...???

...the abuse to the animals...for profit.....

...and the abuse of neighbors......

...yet......'for some particular reason'......

...they don't dare to say a word.......

....and don't suggest I play the hero.....

...they are a veritable gang of a family.....apparently above the law.....

...and I have my hands full with attacks from elsewhere struggling daily to survive.....

I don't see why anyone would have husky in this climate. These dogs are built for cold weather and need a lot of exercise. I don't see any snow sleds around here for them to pull...which they love to do. I use to have sheba inuet back in Canada. Same double coat as a husky and it loved to curl up and sleep in the snow even when it was snowing.  She could come in the house at any time but preferred to be outside. Best dog I ever had.

Completely agree. A house near me has 3 husky dogs. It's a big house but the yard is full of cars with not much room for the dogs to exercise. Big dogs need lots of exercise. I had many German Shepard dogs back in Blighty. We'd walk miles everyday, at least 3 times a day they need a walk. I adored each one of them. They also loved it when it snowed.
Husky dogs and big dogs in general need exercise and you can't give a dog like this a walk in this hot climate. Okay if you live on a farm but not in Bangkok city centre. Just buy a big teddy bear and stop being cruel to big dogs.

42 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

A sheba is more a cat, they even can't bark. Strange that the thai don't have them, they are perfect dogs to be alone all day.

If the European animalpolice would see how Thai treat dogs they would all be taken away from them.

A sheba is more a cat, they even can't bark. Strange that the thai don't have them, they are perfect dogs to be alone all day.

If the European animalpolice would see how Thai treat dogs they would all be taken away from them.

At the moment the Thai's treat dogs pretty well. I haven't seen anyone kick a dog in a long time. Years ago I saw it alot.

1 hour ago, Beats56 said:

I had huskies north in Gillam MAnitoba and wouldn't have one in Thailand . Too bad for the animals

52 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

At the moment the Thai's treat dogs pretty well. I haven't seen anyone kick a dog in a long time. Years ago I saw it alot.

I also kick soidogs if they attack me.

But i rarely see them walking their dogs, maybe they open the gate but that's all...

I also kick soidogs if they attack me.

But i rarely see them walking their dogs, maybe they open the gate but that's all...

I have at least 5 Thais walk their dogs past my house everyday,sometimes twice! Maybe 20 soi dogs in a moo ban of 160 houses. They are all mellow.