UK Passport About to Run Out.

Steps

Hi All,

My passport is due to run out in June of next year. I am working for  a company here and i am on a non-immigrant B visa with work permit. How do you go about getting a new passport without leaving the country and without effecting the visa.

Thank you

I stuck mine in an envelope and gave it to the US Embassy at their outreach program at the Amari Hotel in Pattaya. $50 processing and I had it back in 3 weeks.  Also Americans on retirement "visas" don't need to keep any cash in a Thai Bank via the Amity treaty.  Doesn't get easier than that.  How much do UK Expats have to deposit ? Is it the 800,000 bhat?

9 hours ago, meatboy said:

i used key visathailand of pattaya,they will do everything for you,no back and fo to bangkok all is taken care of,cost 5,000bht.

to get in touch talk to DARREN.

Just wondered because that's sounds a good way but also cheap must be more cost now cause 2016 update cost for 32 page one is £106 so they would only make about 300 baht. ?

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Just wondered because that's sounds a good way but also cheap must be more cost now cause 2016 update cost for 32 page one is £106 so they would only make about 300 baht. ?

Ha ha, that's their fee, not the passport cost, you still have to pay that

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have :-

1. a visa (obtained from a consulate outside Thailand)?

or

2. an extension of stay (obtained from immigration inside Thailand)?

If 1. just keep the old passport, the visa remains valid, present both passports when passing through immigration.

If 2. Once you have your new passport nip down to the embassy and get a letter stating that you have a new passport, then off to immigration to get your stamps transferred, they will use up a whole page doing it so better order the jumbo passport if you travel even remotely regularly.

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

or

If 1. just keep the old passport, the visa remains valid, present both passports when passing through immigration.

If 2. Once you have your new passport nip down to the embassy and get a letter stating that you have a new passport, then off to immigration to get your stamps transferred, they will use up a whole page doing it so better order the jumbo passport if you travel even remotely regularly.

I have had it issued from inside Thailand as an extension of stay. I have been in Thailand for 6 years.

Man thank you for the supper quick response. You should be on commission!

14 hours ago, Crossy said:

or

I renewed my UK passport in May this year (9 day turnaround). The British Embassy does not want people going to the Embassy for the letter stating you that they have a new passport. Pre-signed letters are given to you when you collect your passport from Trendy Visa who are the agents for UK Gov. Passports. Immigration also wants to see the Visa, extension details and re-entry permit transferred into your new passport.

On 10/3/2016 at 7:02 AM, meatboy said:

i used key visathailand of pattaya,they will do everything for you,no back and fo to bangkok all is taken care of,cost 5,000bht.

good  time saving tip in the land of time wasters:wai2:

good  time saving tip in the land of time wastersdefault_wai2.gif

Yes, I used Darren at 'key visa' to apply for a 2nd UK passport. I didn't have time to do the two trips to BKK. ฿5K baht for the convenience, very slick service and my new passport was with Darren within 2 weeks.

On 10/3/2016 at 7:48 AM, joeyg said:

I stuck mine in an envelope and gave it to the US Embassy at their outreach program at the Amari Hotel in Pattaya. $50 processing and I had it back in 3 weeks.  Also Americans on retirement "visas" don't need to keep any cash in a Thai Bank via the Amity treaty.  Doesn't get easier than that.  How much do UK Expats have to deposit ? Is it the 800,000 bhat?

800k retirement or  400k married to  thai

What if you renew your Passport whilst on a visit back home.

Would Immigration transfer your extension without a letter from Trendy?

Wouldn't your new passport number be registered on Immigrations system when re-entering, therefore a record of a new Passport.

58 minutes ago, Faz said:

What if you renew your Passport whilst on a visit back home.

Would Immigration transfer your extension without a letter from Trendy?

Wouldn't your new passport number be registered on Immigrations system when re-entering, therefore a record of a new Passport.

i GOT A NEW PASSPORT ON MY VISIT BACK HOME , ON ARRIVAL SHOWED MY OLD AND NEW PASSPORT , THEN WENT TO pATTAYA IMMEGRATION AND THE TRANSVERED MY VISA , NO PROBLEM .oh sorry i type without looking didnt realize i was shouting .

On 10/3/2016 at 7:02 AM, meatboy said:

Same here, only 5000 baht.

Painless.

Edited by Broken Record

56 minutes ago, i claudius said:

i GOT A NEW PASSPORT ON MY VISIT BACK HOME , ON ARRIVAL SHOWED MY OLD AND NEW PASSPORT , THEN WENT TO pATTAYA IMMEGRATION AND THE TRANSVERED MY VISA , NO PROBLEM .oh sorry i type without looking didnt realize i was shouting .

Thank you Claudius. Don't apologise for shouting, the hearing isn't what it used to be anyway   :smile:

18 hours ago, Crossy said:

or

No need to go to the Embassy for a letter Key Visa have them, it's just a form to fill in, Key Visa will probably transfer your Visa as well.

I paid an Agent 300 baht to transfer mine, saved all the hassle of going to Immigration.

Apply for your passport in the next couple of months as the UK issuing office is quieter at this time of year but gets busier from January onwards as most people start booking their summer holidays and start applying for new passports.

I applied for a new UK passport for my son in December last year and it was back in Bangkok in 11 days.

You go into whatever the place is in Sukhumvit Soi 11 and submit your application. You keep your passport, with the visa. When the new one is returned, you use it in conjunction with the existing p/p and visa, or possibly switch the visa.

But then you say it doesn't run out until next June, so why the panic? And FTR, you can extend a British passport by one year, at no charge.

28 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

You go into whatever the place is in Sukhumvit Soi 11 and submit your application. You keep your passport, with the visa. When the new one is returned, you use it in conjunction with the existing p/p and visa, or possibly switch the visa.

But then you say it doesn't run out until next June, so why the panic? And FTR, you can extend a British passport by one year, at no charge.

I didn't detect a sense of panic in the OP's post.

Just planning ahead and seeking advice in advance.

Makes a change from seeing those topics 'Need to do extension, but passport expired - help!'

• 1 month later...
On 03/10/2016 at 7:48 AM, joeyg said:

What on earth are you on about? This is about UK passports.