Chinese Man Robbed by Ladyboys on First Visit to Pattaya. Not coming back

webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, TSF said:

LB crime on Pattaya BR is rife daily, all day all night, every night. Cops could put a stop to it in 1 day but they don't, so the only conclusion is they don't give a rat's ass. It comes down to the "Thailand for the Thais. All foreigners are fair game." mindset.

If they really want to put a stop to this , I suggest the police begin hiring jewelry wearing decoy tourists to work with them. Pick off a few perps,  prosecute them, hand down seriously jail sentences to the convicted and the word will quickly get out.   Vietnam did this (although to the extreme) just after the war . They caught a number of the snatch and grab "Saigon Cowboys" and publically  executed them .  Snatch and grab crimes in Saigon suddenly ceased to exist.  That extreme punishment  was rather Draconian but effective when they did it some decades ago.  

38 minutes ago, Penicillin said:

If someone really wants a "safe" vacation, then probably Disneyland is their best bet . 

You could be right. But if you use the one's in the good old US of A you'll more than likely get shot as you leave.

2 hours ago, Anthony5 said:

Let me guess, you and the majority of posters active in this thread just keep your jewelry in the safe to look at on select occasions, or left it behind when you moved to Thailand?

Let me make a more accurate guess. You people never owned anything of value to leave behind when you moved here.

Why the hell does any man want to wear jewelry that is so easy for everyone to see? 

27 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Why the hell does any man want to wear jewelry that is so easy for everyone to see? 

May be because he likes it and can afford it?

Next people gonna be bashed for wearing genuine designer clothes or Italian custom made leather shoes.

8 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

May be because he likes it and can afford it?

Next people gonna be bashed for wearing genuine designer clothes or Italian custom made leather shoes.

I would say it is more likely it is because he is effeminate, a ring, watch, or even a small thing around

the neck is one thing but........

What is a US citizen or any farang got rob and say never come back?? Silly stupid farang and please don't come back anymore? Thousand of cheap farang living in Thai and some are criminal, killing with body in fridge, etc? So all Farang are <deleted>?? Seriously guys, think before you attack the Chinese.......:hit-the-fan:

...barely human...and they don't look at us as human either...

...one needs a soul to have a conscience....and be able to reflect...or have any healthy emotions....

....just 'profit'......

... whatever '3rd sex' they are.......

...pathetic....

Nakhon Si Thammarat may have the reputation of being the "murder capital" of Thailand but surely Pattaya and probably Phuket are top of the list for most other types of crime?  Resorts do of course attract more than their fair share of criminal activity as well as a great deal of publicity, which is perhaps only right to serve as a warning to tourists not familiar with the country and its lack of law enforcement in certain areas.

A post has been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

9 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

I tell my Thai g/f if we ever visit Pattaya leave your gold chain at home. She felt safer during our 4 month visit to Cambodia than she does in Thailand.

Your Thai Wife actually wears her Gold?

Hell! Mine keeps hers in some little box hidden so well in our house that even I don't know where it is. I have seen her wear this one time. On the day I bought it for her. 

I asked her why once. She told me it is Gold and Gold is Money in Thailand. So would I walk around with a US $100 strapped to my neck?

I was lost for words then. I began to realize that I must have been in Thailand too long when this is beginning to make perfectly good sense to me. Especially now when I keep my Gold Jewelry hidden in some little box somewhere where my wife doesn't know where it is either.  

9 hours ago, Stokakrishna said:

foking idiot. serves him right.   people who walk with gold at night deserve to be robbed. keep showing off  

No. That's blaming the victim. A tourist should be able to walk along Pattaya BR without being robbed. If there are constant robberies then the cops should put a stop to it. Saying a peron wearing a gold chain deserves to be robbed is like saying a gal walking along the beach in a bikini deserves to be raped.

14 hours ago, Penicillin said:

What did this Chinese tourist do to deserve such scorn?  He came toThailand to enjoy a vacation , he spends money here that helps the Thai economy, he wrongly trusted the area to be safe for tourists . 

Yes, he was certainly  naïve to be wearing a gold chain, but victims never " deserve " to be victims because of naivety or stupidity.  

Before you go anywhere these days it's worthwhile checking around to see whether an area is considered safe or not. I'm sure even the Chinese media will have background information on Pattaya.

Red light districts in any part of the world are renowned for petty crime and walking around openly displaying your wealth is just asking for trouble.

19 hours ago, mluberti said:

Travel tip #1 Don't wear gold jewelry when you travel to a foreign country where you physically stand out and most people are very poor. Duh?

tip #2  don't make up    claims of being robbed of  high value  items

13 hours ago, fredob43 said:

You could be right. But if you use the one's in the good old US of A you'll more than likely get shot as you leave.

as long as you don't slip on some turds at the chinese disneyland 

18 hours ago, Penicillin said:

What did this Chinese tourist do to deserve such scorn?  He came toThailand to enjoy a vacation , he spends money here that helps the Thai economy, he wrongly trusted the area to be safe for tourists . 

Yes, he was certainly  naïve to be wearing a gold chain, but victims never " deserve " to be victims because of naivety or stupidity.  

well said.   most people, when they pay a significant amount of money to visit a foreign land for the first time, are not expecting to be deposited into a seething nest of con men/women/etc along with snatch thieves, extortionists, etc.