Neutral Link Bar

Sphere

Is that a 3-phase supply? 

Im sure Crossy will have the best advice. I don't know of a store that will have that exact part in stock guaranteed. Might be a case of just making the rounds to the electrical supply stores and big homebuilding shops and looking for a replacement. 

1 hour ago, Sphere said:

It's from the main board at home.

Seems it was heating up for a while due to a loose neutral.

I tried cleaning it but the metal seems to be corroded.

Thanks.

Surely you can find a job shop near you that can clean that up for little or nothing, it will be fine. Remember that the screws in an electrical box can handle a lot of stress and must be tightened very tight, as they will loosen themselves if not. Always use a good new screwdriver. Only takes a few minutes to check and tighten them all, Please treat all work in the box as life or death.

Thanks for that Grubster.

Clean-up was a no-go as the inner surface of the connectors is corroded and it is no longer possible to tighten the screws.

I found a couple of local shops selling such bars.

However, none of they have one similar to the affected one with a large cube-shape connector for the neutral.

Still trying - planning a trip to Khlong Thom / Mahajak area on the weekend.

3 hours ago, Sphere said:

Thanks for that Grubster.

Clean-up was a no-go as the inner surface of the connectors is corroded and it is no longer possible to tighten the screws.

I found a couple of local shops selling such bars.

However, none of they have one similar to the affected one with a large cube-shape connector for the neutral.

Still trying - planning a trip to Khlong Thom / Mahajak area on the weekend.

Might have to buy a whole new box and either replace the whole box OR take the part you need out of it and put it in your own. 

OR find any bar that will accept your neutral wire then workout a way to screw it into your box. 

What made it get so hot? Do you know what caused this? 

52 minutes ago, Strange said:

Might have to buy a whole new box and either replace the whole box OR take the part you need out of it and put it in your own. 

OR find any bar that will accept your neutral wire then workout a way to screw it into your box. 

What made it get so hot? Do you know what caused this? 

Yup, looks like I may have to buy a new box and change completely or use it for spares. I will decide after checking around Khlong Thom market.

Neutral cable was loose, which caused heat and eventually sparking. This may actually have gone on unnoticed for a few days. We only checked yesterday because of the smell of burning plastic. Luckily, no other damage.

Taking a pragmatic view, if what you have isn't fizzing or getting warm it's just fine, certainly until you find a replacement, Ebay is going to be your friend.

I would slip the bar to the left of the support pillars and bang a couple of plastic cable ties around it just to be certain it won't move.

Rough as a badger's, but beggars can't be choosers.

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Taking a pragmatic view, if what you have isn't fizzing or getting warm it's just fine, certainly until you find a replacement, Ebay is going to be your friend.

I would slip the bar to the left of the support pillars and bang a couple of plastic cable ties around it just to be certain it won't move.

Rough as a badger's, but beggars can't be choosers.

Thanks Crossy, I will do as you suggested.

Hope nothing goes up in flames till I get a replacement.

:smile:

14 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I found a few on Ebay that would do the job, but at the prices being asked you may as well buy another board for spares :(

Thanks Crossy, I've seen some on eBay too. I'm also thinking it may be better to replace the whole box. If I don't find any spares by this weekend.....

Archived