Female pageant competitor wears male literary character costume, enrages netizens

webfact

Female pageant competitor wears male literary character costume, enrages netizens (PHOTOS)

By Coconuts Bangkok 

miss_grand_thailand.jpg

A picture of her in the female Thotsakan costume. Photo: Miss Grand Thailand/Facebook

BANGKOK: -- It seems like Thai culture is on everyone’s mind these days after the Tiew Thai Me Hey MV fiasco. Now, it seems like another has just arisen.

It’s Miss Intercontinental beauty pageant season, and Thailand is competing. However, some netizens aren’t all impressed with what Miss Intercontinental Thailand 2016, Atitaya Kunnalaphat, will be wearing to compete.

They have decided to dress her up as Thotsakan, the same mighty King of Demons and Giants who got so much flack for making Thai pastries in the tourism MV last month.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/10/03/female-pageant-competitor-wears-male-literary-character-costume-enrages-netizens-photos

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-10-04

Why do we never read stories like 'Prawit's 21 million baht trip to Hawaii enrages nitizens'

Instead, people get enraged with cake-eating monks, monks who have girlfriends or naked Chinese bungee jumpers. 

Perspective, people. 

It's sacrilege. How dare she dress up as Tossakan? Is nothing sacred these days? I demand that she disrobe immediately and I want to see photographic evidence that this has been done. I am available for a personal inspection.

At least she wasn't wearing dark glasses or wearing shoes while walking on the beach while she was dressed as Tossakan. Was she? I hope not. I think some people might go into meltdown.

**** Spelling pedantry alert****

It wasn't actually Tossakan who got the FLAK. It was the producers of Tiew Thai Me Hey who got the FLAK. And now Khun Atithaya is getting FLAK.

**** Small peeve rant over. ****

After all, when Miss Universe Thailand wore a tuk-tuk costume last year, no one complained that she wasn’t actually a motor vehicle.

That was easy because Somchai wasn't sitting on her back offering sek-cho or massage brochures to every passer-by.

I might just post a few pictures of my morning toasts with a layer of peanut butter, a layer of marmalade and a layer of strawberry jam....

Should keep the netizens busy for a least 2 weeks since they enrage over such important topics :passifier: