More heavy to heaviest rains forecast for Bangkok, Central Plain until mid this month

webfact

More heavy to heaviest rains forecast for Bangkok, Central Plain until mid this month

e1fe1ae4b55bc4d66eab2fd8d1e6b270-wpcf_72

BANGKOK: -- The Meteorological Department today forecast heavy to heaviest rainfalls in most parts of the country until mid this month as flood situation remains critical in several provinces.

Director-general of the department Wanchai Sakudomchai said that almost every regions of the country, except the Northeast, would face heavy to heaviest downpour until the middle of October.

For Bangkok, he said during the 2-3 days ahead, there would be rain between afternoon and evening for 60-70 millimetres.

Therefore, he said, there was a high chance of flood in certain areas in Bangkok where floods haven’t receded yet.

Meanwhile in Nakhon Sawan, heavy rain caused several rivers to burst banks.

The water from the upper north provinces has add the volume of water in Nan river, causing the water to overflow the bank to flood the paddy fields in four sub-districts of Chumsaeng district, damaging more than 10,000 rai.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/heavy-heaviest-rains-forecast-bangkok-central-plain-mid-month/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-10-05

.............. Therefore, he said, there was a high chance of flood in certain areas in Bangkok where floods haven’t receded yet. ............

Nice to see someone competent and articulate in charge for a change!! :sleepy:

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Therefore, he said, there was a high chance of flood in certain areas in Bangkok where floods haven’t receded yet.

My head hurts from reading it. :sad:

16 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

.............. Therefore, he said, there was a high chance of flood in certain areas in Bangkok where floods haven’t receded yet. ............

Nice to see someone competent and articulate in charge for a change!! :sleepy:

How long can he keep the job speaking the truth?

Heavy rain means bus accidents, or car accidents, or motorbike accidents, or truck accidents and every sort of road accident and all because of the rain.

I often wonder what is the average IQ of the Thai male when it comes to driving in the rain. Surely it is way below that of the Thai female.

Perhaps women should be doing the driving of buses and trucks and mini-vans etc. while leaving hubby at home to babysit the kids.

I think many lives would be saved.

2 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

Heavy rain means bus accidents, or car accidents, or motorbike accidents, or truck accidents and every sort of road accident and all because of the rain.

I often wonder what is the average IQ of the Thai male when it comes to driving in the rain. Surely it is way below that of the Thai female.

Perhaps women should be doing the driving of buses and trucks and mini-vans etc. while leaving hubby at home to babysit the kids.

No because he would just get drunk and abuse them

10 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

Another thread here has told of women never leaving kids or babies alone with Thai men for fear of them being molested, so that's not the answer :sad:

16 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Another thread here has told of women never leaving kids or babies alone with Thai men for fear of them being molested, so that's not the answer :sad:

Yes fair enough I suppose. Sad really and says a lot about the mentality of some Thai men. But I am sure also many Thai men also are not like that.

I can only imagine what a Thai driver would be like driving in snow. The IQ of a Thai driver is 0 in rain and would be a negative in snow.

Also, while I'm at it. Why can't they crack down on motorbikes without tail lights?They are a real menace. I drive from Khonkaen to Pu Wiang  at night several days a week and and its like a game of dodgeball . It's like they're on a suicide mission and I' m sure operating tail lights would save lives

26 minutes ago, Ocicat said:

I can only imagine what a Thai driver would be like driving in snow. The IQ of a Thai driver is 0 in rain and would be a negative in snow.

Also, while I'm at it. Why can't they crack down on motorbikes without tail lights?They are a real menace. I drive from Khonkaen to Pu Wiang  at night several days a week and and its like a game of dodgeball . It's like they're on a suicide mission and I' m sure operating tail lights would save lives

Because no-one cares. Either that, or the locals are too stupid to realise that if they drive at night with no lights then they put their life in danger. Can anyone be that stupid? I guess so, from the evidence. And the worst thing is, especially if you are a foreigner, if you rear-end a bike with no lights then it is you who are expected to pay compensation in the case of damage, injury or death. That way, see, if you pay it means that the accident isn't their fault. That's Thai thinking.

44 minutes ago, Ocicat said:

They have no lights/helmet at all in BKK and like to race around in the dark.

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Because no-one cares. Either that, or the locals are too stupid to realise that if they drive at night with no lights then they put their life in danger. Can anyone be that stupid? I guess so, from the evidence. And the worst thing is, especially if you are a foreigner, if you rear-end a bike with no lights then it is you who are expected to pay compensation in the case of damage, injury or death. That way, see, if you pay it means that the accident isn't their fault. That's Thai thinking.

The main thinking is everything that happens or doesn't happen is based on luck. A lucky license plate number would be much more beneficial than a tail light.

I've been in Thailand quite a while now and I couldn't tell anyone definitively what months are the rainy season for any location north of Petchaburi. Just seems like the rain is more and more unpredictable.