Lifeguard booths along Beach Rd footpath

bbi1

What do these dudes in the "Lifeguard" booths actually do? You see them along the footpath of walking street but they don't look like Lifeguards at all as they surely aren't dressed like Lifeguards! The only thing I can think of they are there to "assist" tourists who get scammed by those Jetski scammers.

Walking Street or Beach Road? The ones on Beach Road were never manned and were dismantled in due course. I can't imagine a lifeguard is needed on Walking Street; anyone swimming with the sharks does so at their own peril.

2 hours ago, champers said:

Walking Street or Beach Road? The ones on Beach Road were never manned and were dismantled in due course. I can't imagine a lifeguard is needed on Walking Street; anyone swimming with the sharks does so at their own peril.

Sorry, I meant on the footpath of Beach Rd. You sometimes see one dude with a "Lifeguard" shirt on near those booths. Eg opposite Central Festival. It's been about 2 months since I've been to Pattaya but would imagine it's still the same.

"... they don't look like Lifeguards at all as they surely aren't dressed like Lifeguards! "

Dressed head to toe, is something looks like dark blue burkini, then vest with X dayglo "lifeguard" written one. Along with shoes, hat etc. Figure would take several minutes to get out of that, if they happened to notice someone in need of aid. In Jomtien I usually see in clots of 3, faces in smart phones, paying zero attention to sea... you mean those guys?

Place they really need lifeguards are streets and sidewalks... someone to guard your life

...there to have a title...and draw a salary...in other words...saving their own lives.....

...wow....

...another slew of sinecures.....friends of friends of friends ....of....'important people....???

...why not set them up in the shopping plazas so they can have air conditioning...???

...another disgrace...and an insult to the families that have lost loved ones at unmanned beaches....

...bloody psychos.....

On 06/10/2016 at 10:53 AM, maingmoom said:

Sorry it's not a good photo but these two guys are lifeguards.  It's printed on their backs.

I wonder how long it would take to undress and get to a person in the ocean in trouble ?

photo0603.jpg

Yeah, those are the type of guys I'm talking about. What the hell do they even do? Surely as a Lifeguard you wouldn't be dressed like that and have a surfboard or floatie things to go and safe a drowning swimmer!!