Seven year old's father goes to police to report beating of his son

webfact

Seven year old's father goes to police to report beating of his son

a1.jpg

Source: tnamcot

BANGKOK: -- The father of the seven year old who allegedly received a kicking in the head from a neighbor has gone to Kannayaw police to report the matter.

He was armed with CCTV footage and a doctor's report about his son, reports tnamcot.

The case came to light after footage on Facebook showed a man kicking a boy in the head near the stairwell at a block of flats.

The father admitted that he was not there but had been told about it by his wife and besides he had the CCTV footage. 

He said that his son had been playing with the alleged assailant's four year old son when the younger boy fell over and started to cry. It was just kids playing and there was no malice, he said.

He said his son had tried to calm the four year old who was in tears.

But the boy's father had run down from a fifth floor room and attacked his son with a kick to the head.

He said that he was prepared to accept an apology from the neighbor but was also concerned about his son who continued to have a pain in his eye and vomiting as well as being scared after the incident.

He asked parents in society to control their emotions.

Child welfare who were also at the police station Wednesday said they would assess the condition of both children

Police said there were two cases under investigation as apart from the alleged attack by the neighbor the neighbor himself has also claimed that the seven year old attacked his son.

Police said that the matter of a seven year old hurting a four year old in this case was not something that carried a penalty but was still something that needed to be investigated fairly.

Source: tnamcot

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-06

"He asked parents in society to control their emotions."

And he should have added..."Please give up this national obsession of saving face."

Then there will be peace and understanding throughout Thailand....

In perhaps 20 lifetimes from now.

Edited by jaltsc

i saw the video and that <deleted> who stamped and severely beat the 7 year old for nothing deserves to be beaten the shit out of at least and i certainly would do that,if i was the victims Dad then i woudnt be going to police and saying apology is enough.......he better do some time for that vicious assault on a minor...he could have died with what he did  and for nothing..the 2 kids just playing as kids do but brave Daddy has to beat and kick and stamp a small child to make himself feel strong and brave..try it with me you <deleted>..makes my blood boil...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

54 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

No need to worry, the BIB are on it and have telephoned the alleged assailant to come in for interview whenever he has a free moment.

Yes, and that is because the police in Thai society has a duty to try to negotiate a settlement first. The father has CCTV and it is totally up to him if he wants to push this to court or not.

The police are only passengers on the journey that the father decides the direction of

In Australia, at least, the police can't condone this type of thing and must act upon it, and I would suggest most westernised nations would be the same.

I see Thailand operates under different set of rules, maybe, depending on whether these rules are actually carried out or not.

1 hour ago, tattoodrob said:

i saw the video and that <deleted> who stamped and severely beat the 7 year old for nothing deserves to be beaten the shit out of at least and i certainly would do that,if i was the victims Dad then i woudnt be going to police and saying apology is enough.......he better do some time for that vicious assault on a minor...he could have died with what he did  and for nothing..the 2 kids just playing as kids do but brave Daddy has to beat and kick and stamp a small child to make himself feel strong and brave..try it with me you <deleted>..makes my blood boil...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i too have watched the video many times,it was nothing but kids play.

as for the child beater,he might have the same coming his way.

If this is justice it stinks and is wrong on so many levels. Just because it is law or the Thai way doesn't justify credence. I am sure any decent human being Thai, Western or anyone would find the actions of the man disturbing and the way the handling of it just as disturbing.

Does this country have no obligations to protect the children from these animals,there cannot be an excuse for that amount of violence on a child ,the child's father who will except an apology doesn't deserve to be a dad.where are the children's rights mr pm

1 minute ago, whatproblem said:

Does this country have no obligations to protect the children from these animals,there cannot be an excuse for that amount of violence on a child ,the child's father who will except an apology doesn't deserve to be a dad.where are the children's rights mr pm

You are so right but it seems everything here is easily trumped if there's money to be made.

The victim's father will accept an apology and compensation no doubt and the BIB likely to get something for acting as ' honest brokers '.

1 hour ago, MikeyIdea said:

Yes, and that is because the police in Thai society has a duty to try to negotiate a settlement first. The father has CCTV and it is totally up to him if he wants to push this to court or not.

The police are only passengers on the journey that the father decides the direction of

money first that's the way everything else is second

1 hour ago, MikeyIdea said:

I wouldn't say only passengers rather willing ones.

What kind of father is that prat? Accepting an apology, for heaven's sake. As #whatproblem says, he doesn't deserve to be a father. If the scumbag assailant walks away scot-free, he will have no hesitation, no compunction, about repeating his criminal behavior.  Because he knows he is not going to jail. 

It is sick beyond belief that the father should even think like this, and not of his obligation as a father and member of the community to protect his and every other kid. And it is doubly sick that the grubby police sit back and wait for his final decision, doing nothing. Christ, I hate these people.

If Prayut wants to make an impact on reforming Thailand, this inaction against the worst offenders is a high priority area. No more pussy-footing around.

PS: I refuse to watch this vid - not just because of the disturbing nature, but because of the frustration of looking at a violent criminal who will be left to wander the streets a free man, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Edited by Dexlowe
missing word

16 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

What kind of father is that prat? Accepting an apology, for heaven's sake. As #whatproblem says, he doesn't deserve to be a father. If the scumbag assailant walks away scot-free, he will have no hesitation, no compunction, about repeating his criminal behavior.  Because he knows he is not going to jail. 

It is sick beyond belief that the father should even think like this, and not of his obligation as a father and member of the community to protect his and every other kid. And it is doubly sick that the grubby police sit back and wait for his final decision, doing nothing. Christ, I hate these people.

If Prayut wants to make an impact on reforming Thailand, this inaction against the worst offenders is a high priority area. No more pussy-footing around.

PS: I refuse to watch this vid - not just because of the disturbing nature, but because of the frustration of looking at a violent criminal who will be left to wander the streets a free man, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

What kind of father is he?Maybe the kind that does not think revenge is the way to go,no need to go kill his neighbor and go to jail in turn

there by ruining another family.Just maybe he is a true Buddhist and is trying to teach his son the right way.

I just wonder what your comments would have been had he gone home ,got his gun and shot the neighbor.

He is the kind of father Thailand needs.

1 minute ago, jvs said:

He is the kind of father Thailand needs.

Jeez. I think I've heard it all now. Who said anything about the father killing the guy? Only you. The posters here are talking about justice, not revenge. Try to understand the difference.

1 hour ago, Dexlowe said:

Amen brother!:post-4641-1156693976::wai:

3 hours ago, meatboy said:

i too have watched the video many times,it was nothing but kids play.

as for the child beater,he might have the same coming his way.

If it were my boy, that would be correct.

Jeez. I think I've heard it all now. Who said anything about the father killing the guy? Only you. The posters here are talking about justice, not revenge. Try to understand the difference.

Very well said in both posts. 

This violent disgusting man needs to serve time. He could have killed the kid. 

3 hours ago, dieseldave1951 said:

money first that's the way everything else is second

The father is of course doing the right thing in this case, not disputing that. Some other things insinuated in this thread is rubbish though

Most westerners do not understand the culture / system here at all. ThaiVisa members here who don't know will not want to change their ignorant view of Thailand so what's the point in explaining?

I'll do it anyway, at least it's going to be easy to see who continues to be ignorant after the explanation

It is part of the normal job responsibilities of the police to help to negotiate to avoid further escalation like a court case. The topic of this thread is a good sample of how it works:

The father wants to press assault charges and the police makes the police report (means nothing and already done). The father wants to push this to court but the police doesn't allow it to happen directly because they want a negotiation between the 2 parties first. This would be roi ween = second level policemen, they normally have a law degree by the way

It would many times be less effort for the police to just process the documents (together with the father) to push this to the district attorney but they don't. Why do they do this extra process that westerners dislike so much? They are not witnesses or have to come to court in this case. Process the documents and it's gone and they can sit down and take a cup of coffee and relax.

They don't. They spend extra time to help to negotiate and if they cannot get the parties to agree, then they process the documents to push it to the district attorney. They can get some extra money if they have done a good job and can solve the conflict but it is normally not handled as a demand, they normally get nothing if they don't get the parties to agree

Negotiation is normal even in e.g., Juvenile and Family court. Court has the power to order if they want of course but they rather spend a lot of effort trying to negotiate a mutual agreement instead. They do this every time even though there is zero money there. Why do they spend more time negotiating? Why do they not choose the easy way out?

Negotiation to avoid further escalation is deeply rooted in Thai culture. This is not only about money that westerners think. The same process often takes place also where no money is involved

The police cannot stop the process if the father really wants to force this to court , they wouldn't want to, they have children themselves and understand if the father feels he needs to force this to court. They just want to see a negotiated solution if possible for the same reason Juvenile and Family court do.

It's more likely that 2 parties who have agreed on a negotiated a decision together with the court / police will follow it, the conflict is less likely to continue, after all, it's for mutual benefit

This case:

The police wouldn't want the father to only accept an apology (anyone who thinks that is exceptionally stupid...), they help the father to negotiate compensation and they also make sure the bad guy pays them - they can press changes on their own if they want

Money is only part of it and half the time it is nothing

IF there will be a negotiated solution in this case, then the police will help the father to make sure it will be so much money that it really hurts the bad guy. Thai's think that also is justice

Westerners don't?

Edited by MikeyIdea

...scarred for life....and vomiting implies a concussion....

...another barbaric attempted murder that will 'go away' with an apology.....???

...such behavior suggests 'habitual'....or 'unstable'...the perpetrator should be investigated...who knows what they might find......

...then again...sadly and shockingly this type of behavior is rampant....

42 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

The father is of course doing the right thing in this case, not disputing that. Some other things insinuated in this thread is rubbish though

Most westerners do not understand the culture / system here at all. ThaiVisa members here who don't know will not want to change their ignorant view of Thailand so what's the point in explaining?

I'll do it anyway, at least it's going to be easy to see who continues to be ignorant after the explanation

It is part of the normal job responsibilities of the police to help to negotiate to avoid further escalation like a court case. The topic of this thread is a good sample of how it works:

The father wants to press assault charges and the police makes the police report (means nothing and already done). The father wants to push this to court but the police doesn't allow it to happen directly because they want a negotiation between the 2 parties first. This would be roi ween = second level policemen, they normally have a law degree by the way

It would many times be less effort for the police to just process the documents (together with the father) to push this to the district attorney but they don't. Why do they do this extra process that westerners dislike so much? They are not witnesses or have to come to court in this case. Process the documents and it's gone and they can sit down and take a cup of coffee and relax.

They don't. They spend extra time to help to negotiate and if they cannot get the parties to agree, then they process the documents to push it to the district attorney. They can get some extra money if they have done a good job and can solve the conflict but it is normally not handled as a demand, they normally get nothing if they don't get the parties to agree

Negotiation is normal even in e.g., Juvenile and Family court. Court has the power to order if they want of course but they rather spend a lot of effort trying to negotiate a mutual agreement instead. They do this every time even though there is zero money there. Why do they spend more time negotiating? Why do they not choose the easy way out?

Negotiation to avoid further escalation is deeply rooted in Thai culture. This is not only about money that westerners think. The same process often takes place also where no money is involved

The police cannot stop the process if the father really wants to force this to court , they wouldn't want to, they have children themselves and understand if the father feels he needs to force this to court. They just want to see a negotiated solution if possible for the same reason Juvenile and Family court do.

It's more likely that 2 parties who have agreed on a negotiated a decision together with the court / police will follow it, the conflict is less likely to continue, after all, it's for mutual benefit

This case:

The police wouldn't want the father to only accept an apology (anyone who thinks that is exceptionally stupid...), they help the father to negotiate compensation and they also make sure the bad guy pays them - they can press changes on their own if they want

Money is only part of it and half the time it is nothing

IF there will be a negotiated solution in this case, then the police will help the father to make sure it will be so much money that it really hurts the bad guy. Thai's think that also is justice

Westerners don't?

The police haven't decided to press charges yet, as I understand it - and that's the problem. The only reason for any hesitation on their part should only be because of technicalities to ensure a water-tight case, NOT a negotiation for compensation with the offender. You're making excuses as much for the woebegotten behavior of the police as for the father and the assailant. NOT acceptable. A very serious crime has been committed here, and it should be treated as such, not toyed around with while Nero fiddles.

Let's get this straight: A hulking, powerful, fully-grown adult kicks the crapp out of a 7yo kid whose bones haven't even developed properly. There is no cultural excuse for this behavior anywhere in the world. Not even in Thailand. 

Any attempt by you or anyone else to try to soften the extent of this crime by citing cultural mores is an abrogation of duty towards kids -- by you, as well as those involved.

14 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

The police haven't decided to press charges yet, as I understand it - and that's the problem. The only reason for any hesitation on their part should only be because of technicalities to ensure a water-tight case, NOT a negotiation for compensation with the offender. You're making excuses as much for the woebegotten behavior of the police as for the father and the assailant. NOT acceptable. A very serious crime has been committed here, and it should be treated as such, not toyed around with while Nero fiddles.

Let's get this straight: A hulking, powerful, fully-grown adult kicks the crapp out of a 7yo kid whose bones haven't even developed properly. There is no cultural excuse for this behavior anywhere in the world. Not even in Thailand. 

Any attempt by you or anyone else to try to soften the extent of this crime by citing cultural mores is an abrogation of duty towards kids -- by you, as well as those involved.

thai culture is as its been said is to NEGOTIATE COMPENSATION is the perpertraitor working? or maybe an ice cream and a bag of sweets and a trip to the temple would be enough.

6 hours ago, maoro2013 said:

In Australia, at least, the police can't condone this type of thing and must act upon it, and I would suggest most westernised nations would be the same.

I see Thailand operates under different set of rules, maybe, depending on whether these rules are actually carried out or not.

We can discuss the merits of cultural differences and such...but basically, some societies are simply better...the frequency of these acts and the countenance of the police and citizenry is simple evidence

The police haven't decided to press charges yet, as I understand it - and that's the problem. The only reason for any hesitation on their part should only be because of technicalities to ensure a water-tight case, NOT a negotiation for compensation with the offender. You're making excuses as much for the woebegotten behavior of the police as for the father and the assailant. NOT acceptable. A very serious crime has been committed here, and it should be treated as such, not toyed around with while Nero fiddles

The negotiation is there to possibly enable a better benefit to the victim. The poor victim doesn't agree that it is more important to punish the offender than to help the victim

It's like that in the west because they have a social welfare system that supports the victim. Why is it not like that here?  

7 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

The negotiation is there to possibly enable a better benefit to the victim. The poor victim doesn't agree that it is more important to punish the offender than to help the victim

It's like that in the west because they have a social welfare system that supports the victim. Why is it not like that here?  

You make a fair point about support for the victim and I don't think anyone will dispute that. But what we have in these cases is a seemingly callous demand for money facilitated by the police whose function is to bring justice to the victim. And that also should be the father's priority - the police should not be sidetracking him. There are also govt agencies and various social groups available for him to tap into, either now or later.

This was attempted murder of a child, one of the worst crimes on the books.