Illegal cabbies at Suvarnabhumi airport face jail - it was "easy money" says one

webfact

I regularly used the the cab guys operating outside Level 4 entrance (arrivals). I think they are still there. One of them told me that there was a mafia daily fee to use the airport so whether that arrangement is changing don't know. I never had any serious trouble with taking cabs this way and a lot cheaper than the official cab companies operating inside.

14 hours ago, tony_antwerp said:

What are you doing in Thailand?if you are so intollerant with people,go back to your country or go stay alone in an island,your remarks are so stupid and racists too

His own country doesn't  want him, why do you think he's  here.

19 hours ago, zd1 said:

One instance back in January me and the Mrs arrived at Bang sue train station and got a taxi to phahonyothin 52 the taxi driver didn't want to use the meter and wanted 300b, we or mainly the mrs insisted on using the meter to be fair I thought that 300b was probably about right due to the train extension on Phahonyothin lot tic mak. I suggested to the driver to go up past Don Muang and to cut back onto Phahonyothin to save time, but he had different ideas and he decided to go up Phahonyothin anyway, he did moan about lot tic a bit but I didn't want to tell him I told him so. Anyway we got to our destination and the meter read 270b I was going to give him 300b but the mrs insisted on giving him the exact money. I forgot to say that a lot of the mrs family are or were taxi drivers at some stage.

Another instance of problems with taxi drivers was in 2011 we had landed at Heathrow and we had our car parked at a friends place in Datchet about 5 miles from Heathrow, our idea was to get a taxi from Heathrow the 5 miles to Datchet, we waited in the cab rank and got into a black cab who wanted £70 to take us 5 miles, I rather impolitely told him where to stick it and we got a bus to somewhere we could get a minicab for under £10. In hindsight I should have reported him to the London carriage office but I was a bit angry at the time and forgot about it until it was too late.

In general I find Bangkok taxis pretty good, but I do wander what tourists think of London taxis and their prices in comparison.

Absolutely agree zd1.Bangkok licenced taxi drivers are mostly OK and very cheap. London cabbies are rip off merchants on a grand scale. 

11 hours ago, Odin Norway said:

Never realy thought about where to take the taxi from.Dont see the difference of upstairs or downstairs when it comes to this problem with drivers with no licence.

The difference is that on the arrivals floor the unofficial cabs would be directly competing with the approved cab companies, whereas on level 4 departures they aren't.

I regularly used the the cab guys operating outside Level 4 entrance (arrivals). I think they are still there. One of them told me that there was a mafia daily fee to use the airport so whether that arrangement is changing don't know. I never had any serious trouble with taking cabs this way and a lot cheaper than the official cab companies operating inside.

BS complete. The problem is these illegal taxis overcharge passengers. They dont undercharge

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect