All smiles as Teacher vs Student case ends in a big hug

webfact

All smiles as Teacher vs Student case ends in a big hug

a1.jpg

Image: Thairath

CHAINAT: -- It was all smiles and hugs as the case of the teacher accused of hitting a 16 year old student at a Chainat school was resolved.

The director of Chainat Pithayakhom school had called the teacher, Chanai Khongsanun and the 16 year old female student together to present each side of the story, reports Thairath.

Earlier a friend had posted on Facebook under the name "Eve Nirucha" that the M5 student had been attacked after an altercation at the school gate. Chanai denied this saying he had raised his hand to calm the student then they had tussled.

The student had injuries to her ear and chest.

But yesterday they went on record as saying all was forgotten and they would move on with their student/teacher relationship repaired and amicable and respectful as before.

The director Thawan Tantheerapong spoke about the damage done to the school's reputation and called for the matter to be over.

Though he did say that the decision as to what role the teacher would have in future was up to the investigative committee to decide. They are yet to report their findings.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-07

It seems the teacher has escaped the stern talking to, that I warned he might get for this. He is very fortunate.

Teachers everywhere be warned. Injuring your students might bring attention to yourselves and nothing else. This is very serious.

Edited by canuckamuck

"It was all smiles and hugs as the case of the teacher accused of hitting a 16 year old student at a Chainat school was resolved. "

Resolved with money, threats to shame the family or both. This was a criminal act in most societies, but not in Thailand. What mattered most here is that the teacher, school  and administration did not lose face. The teacher should be imprisoned and the school should be sued for punitive damages for allowing and encouraging this type of ongoing crime.

However, being a westerner, I do not understand Thainess or their interpretation of Buddhist teachings.

47 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

Is it appropriate for them to hug?

Totally appropriate..... a simple wai would not have cut it

Do not believe that all of the old "traditions" persist....Thais found that hugging is OK years ago

wonderful.  same same for any of us.... we're all the same... not just people.... take the example of a stray dog, soi dog especially can mistake something we do and then growl because it is upset with us? and we are too maybe!  but feed it some leftover chicken wings or something and you have a new friend for sure. total reversal in seconds. 90% of it not consciously, although we sure like to think our emotions and especially others are conscious and even some kind of mystical thing or spirit thing.  but it's really just the "gift" of language.... and how our minds work... but the soi dog doesn't have language, which only we can use to label and categorize anything we want.... even stuff that doesn't exist or is 100% silly.  that is a gift.  kind of.  not always though.

Edited by maewang99

46 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Very wrong. It should never have escalated to a tussle at all. A kerfuffle, maybe, or at the most a scuffle...

Just how serious does a good kerfuffle have to be before it esscalates into a scuffle? Is there a fine line between a scuffle and a tussle? 

Are there usually more participants in a kerfuffle or are the numbers the same as scuffle and tussle.

Sorry to waffle............;)

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

Just how serious does a good kerfuffle have to be before it esscalates into a scuffle? Is there a fine line between a scuffle and a tussle? 

Are there usually more participants in a kerfuffle or are the numbers the same as scuffle and tussle.

Sorry to waffle............;)

...and I am sorry to cause bafflement :tongue:

7 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

The school director spoke of the damage to the school's reputation and that's really all it comes down to.

I wonder if this student will suddenly did her grades are slipping ?

Or the opposite. Want to show what a good school they are. Sorted this problem for a now "high grade" student.

I hate to say "I told you so" but I told you so! So many OP's have a position regarding this and many other things in Thailand that they can't see the forest for the trees! The student over reacted initially and then tried to make it into something it was not!

No big deal, no over reaction, no pillorying of either the teacher, the school or the student......calm down, this happens everyday in schools around the world! :wai: