Im sick of the music noise in Thailand

advancebooking

1 hour ago, MobileContent said:

Farangs don't understand that the average Thai wakes up at 6am and those announcements by the PYB is very important, specially to the elderly villagers.

When I am staying at the Dusit Thani things is so quiet I sleep with my Mrs and baby boy until 10 in the morning but when in Isaan I am used to it already that the monks start opening the speakers at 4am in the morning, the PYB announces at 6am on the speaker who passed away at night, the crazy school taxi pickup truck announces by blaring music that they will soon pass by to pick up the kids (not my one) but the little brother of my Mrs.

Then their are the loud firecrackers that got off at 3pm and we know someone bite the dusts. 

Tesco Lotus shouts on the speaker with a volume for me unbearable that a kilo pig now is only 109 Baht a kilo and Mrs says she going over and buys 2kg. She says fuxk that market that wants to charge 139 Baht a kilo and things great that Tesco announces it on the speaker. I told her why not just read the brochure when entering the store and she says no, they read the pricelist on the microphone.

Do I agree with it? Sometimes not but hey I am living here and after almost 29 years it's not really a problem for me and sometimes after a couple of drinks I am too taking the speakers out but I do keep the bass a bit down and at 9pm I stop.

I had a very quiet time when I stayed for 3 years at Nichada Thani renting a house at the lake for 180,000 Baht per month. I miss sometimes Nichada but prefer to just save up the money to put it in the future education of my boy and happy to have the sound around if it allows to save some good money for my kid.

If I don't like the sound of Thailand I can leave Thailand with my wife and baby boy, and possible ny a condo somewhere else such as Nichada Thani or at least rent a condo at Danicha Garden which goes for around 50000 Baht a month and a Villa Market at Nichada is included.

Any farangs that complain about loud sound? Have a look at Nichada Thani, great place to stay and ISB is next door for your kids (450,000 - 1.2 Million Baht per year) with Villa Market inside Nichada and very near to CW Immigration for 90 days reporting at only 60,000 (excluding Villa Market shopping and schooling) - 290,000 Baht per month.

I don't want to be sarcastic to the TV community but Thailand has great options for anyone that wants to feel like they are staying in the West.

As for me I had that HiSo life and happy with the speakers around the Tescos, BigC's and villages. As I understand the PYB's announcement on the speakers on Thai, I am the one that wakes up the Mrs and tell her who just popped off the night before.

Then their are the loud firecrackers that got off at 3pm and we know someone bite the dusts. 

I'm glad that both of us won't be bothered once we have to bite the dust. It's just a port of life. 

Then you'll have guys like the OP who'll  complain about the noise and be really annoyed by the firecracker message that we passed away. Isn't that funny? 

P.S. Psst. Do you know if the guy's plane's still on the radar? 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MobileContent said:

Farangs don't understand that the average Thai wakes up at 6am and those announcements by the PYB is very important, specially to the elderly villagers.

When I am staying at the Dusit Thani things is so quiet I sleep with my Mrs and baby boy until 10 in the morning but when in Isaan I am used to it already that the monks start opening the speakers at 4am in the morning, the PYB announces at 6am on the speaker who passed away at night, the crazy school taxi pickup truck announces by blaring music that they will soon pass by to pick up the kids (not my one) but the little brother of my Mrs.

Tesco Lotus shouts on the speaker with a volume for me unbearable that a kilo pig now is only 109 Baht a kilo and Mrs says she going over and buys 2kg. She says fuxk that market that wants to charge 139 Baht a kilo and things great that Tesco announces it on the speaker. I told her why not just read the brochure when entering the store and she says no, they read the pricelist on the microphone.

Do I agree with it? Sometimes not but hey I am living here and after almost 29 years it's not really a problem for me and sometimes after a couple of drinks I am too taking the speakers out but I do keep the bass a bit down and at 9pm I stop.

I had a very quiet time when I stayed for 3 years at Nichada Thani renting a house at the lake for 180,000 Baht per month. I miss sometimes Nichada but prefer to just save up the money to put it in the future education of my boy and happy to have the sound around if it allows to save some good money for my kid.

If I don't like the sound of Thailand I can leave Thailand with my wife and baby boy, and possible ny a condo somewhere else such as Nichada Thani or at least rent a condo at Danicha Garden which goes for around 50000 Baht a month and a Villa Market at Nichada is included.

Any farangs that complain about loud sound? Have a look at Nichada Thani, great place to stay and ISB is next door for your kids (450,000 - 1.2 Million Baht per year) with Villa Market inside Nichada and very near to CW Immigration for 90 days reporting at only 60,000 (excluding Villa Market shopping and schooling) - 290,000 Baht per month.

I don't want to be sarcastic to the TV community but Thailand has great options for anyone that wants to feel like they are staying in the West.

As for me I had that HiSo life and happy with the speakers around the Tescos, BigC's and villages. As I understand the PYB's announcement on the speakers on Thai, I am the one that wakes up the Mrs and tell her who just popped off the night before.

We had such a sad and heartbreaking message in my wife's village this morning. A grandpa passed away on a much younger and  good looking lady. He came and went at the same time.

Her cries for help weren't unheard heard by some neighbors who lifted the 170 kg body away from her. But she's fine now.

Hallelujah !!!

Edited by lostinisaan

On 10/10/2016 at 11:17 AM, louse1953 said:

Don't presume you speak for everybody,i love the music everywhere.Remember to turn the lights out and shut the door.

I  love  running over dogs in the  car but  do you think everyone should endure it

9 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

We had such a sad and heartbreaking message in my wife's village this morning. A grandpa passed away on a much younger and  good looking lady. He came and went at the same time.

Her cries for help weren't unheard heard by some neighbors who lifted the 170 kg body away from her. But she's fine now.

Absolute lies, no way on god's Earth that an elderly Thai gentleman was 170kg !

I was in Makro a few days ago.  Besides the loud insipid tape loop broadcast over the stores PA system, there was a particularly loud 6 second tape loop in the bread section.  It was coming from a horn-blower used to yell at crowds.  It was sitting on the floor.  I went to turn it off.  It had 4 buttons.  The first one I pressed gave a repeating emergency beep staccato sound.  The 2nd button turned it off.  

Yesterday, I went to buy something.  the saleslady started screeching loudly.  I happened to be standing 2 feet in front of her mouth.  I winced, put my fingers in my ears, and told her as nice as I could that she didn't need to yell.  I think she understood, as she commenced to just talking very loudly instead of screeching in my face.  She had no animosity towards me, it's just an Asian thing to sometimes bellow or yell at farang, ....thinking it will help them understand something better.

Trying or even contemplating change on this subject brings to mind the expression " farting against thunder" (mods hope I can say that)

So I don't get mad, I get even,  and practice my DavidGilmour electric guitar solos during the day to balance out the noise at night.

so far all I have achieved is an increase in Pink Floyd fans in the indig population 

You can always get away from all the noise if you work at it. We have a very small weekend getaway place. It is less than a kilometer out of the village and about a hundred meters off the seldom traveled road. Only noise is the birds chirping. It s not totally primitive. The cooking area and the front porch are under roof. It has solar power, a TV and satellite dish. No plumbing but it has an outhouse with a genuine sit down toilet.

13 hours ago, fruitman said:

Have you ever tried studying in Thailand with all the noise/insects/heat/electric powercuts/plastic fumes and so on.

I 'm trying to study but it's next to impossible.

No wonder the level of education in Thailand is so very low.

Yes I have and have done very well. You must have a very low attention span. Of course in your opinion the education level is very low

On 10/9/2016 at 7:37 AM, khunpa said:

Last time I was in Central, I noticed a sexy girl shouting into a microphone, trying to sell clothes. No one was anywhere near her or the clothes she was selling. I wonder if they ever tried, just having the girl shut up and just look sexy... Guess not.

Comic gem, thank you khunpa. Just trying to imagine the scene got me rolling in the aisle. ...You made my day -or night rather.

(Actually they did try this tactic in Europe, just having the models lounging around in sexy underwear in the window display. That did attract some customers, especially the window shopping kind of course. The article did not do a follow up as whether that moved the merchandise or not.)

13 hours ago, fruitman said:

Have you ever tried studying in Thailand with all the noise/insects/heat/electric powercuts/plastic fumes and so on.

I 'm trying to study but it's next to impossible.

No wonder the level of education in Thailand is so very low.

Perhaps you are in the wrong country....?

Just now, transam said:

I would suggest the not good  "things" you quoted could not be taken care of by anyone in the "know"....

For 2 months in row we had to hear a loud squeeking waterpump from a backneighbour, it drove me nuts.....

Today i found out it was from them and went to ask them to fix it please. Haven't heard it again for many hours now....What a lowclass selfish people they are. But now they know me...and i won't accept it.

1 minute ago, fruitman said:

For 2 months in row we had to hear a loud squeeking waterpump from a backneighbour, it drove me nuts.....

Today i found out it was from them and went to ask them to fix it please. Haven't heard it again for many hours now....What a lowclass selfish people they are. But now they know me...and i won't accept it.

"Low class selfish people they are"....Who are you talking about.....?

As for them knowing you, why, cos you are a farang,...:cheesy:....weeeeell, that means nothing in LOS, in fact you may have opened gates you may not like...

On 10/13/2016 at 6:55 AM, boomerangutang said:

I was in Makro a few days ago.  Besides the loud insipid tape loop broadcast over the stores PA system, there was a particularly loud 6 second tape loop in the bread section.  It was coming from a horn-blower used to yell at crowds.  It was sitting on the floor.  I went to turn it off.  It had 4 buttons.  The first one I pressed gave a repeating emergency beep staccato sound.  The 2nd button turned it off.  

Yesterday, I went to buy something.  the saleslady started screeching loudly.  I happened to be standing 2 feet in front of her mouth.  I winced, put my fingers in my ears, and told her as nice as I could that she didn't need to yell.  I think she understood, as she commenced to just talking very loudly instead of screeching in my face.  She had no animosity towards me, it's just an Asian thing to sometimes bellow or yell at farang, ....thinking it will help them understand something better.

I should  think the  staff at Global House are delirious with their tape  loop .........surprised they havent  run amok butchering customers, its  like  torture

I'm afraid I agree with lostinisaan. Yes , there are quite a few things that could irritate me about Thailand, but I have come here to live and I accept that there are aspects of living here that aren't quite my idea of nirvana. It's their bloody country and I am the "outsider, farang " or whatever. If you don't like it, and it doesn't suit you, then why did you come here? I've been to Pattaya and Phuket and more and listened to the busted arse bar stool jockeys moaning about the girls , the beer , the prices , the corruption ad nauseum and think," why don't you go back to where you came from if it's all that bad"

44 minutes ago, Daves900 said:

I'm afraid I agree with lostinisaan. Yes , there are quite a few things that could irritate me about Thailand, but I have come here to live and I accept that there are aspects of living here that aren't quite my idea of nirvana. It's their bloody country and I am the "outsider, farang " or whatever. If you don't like it, and it doesn't suit you, then why did you come here? I've been to Pattaya and Phuket and more and listened to the busted arse bar stool jockeys moaning about the girls , the beer , the prices , the corruption ad nauseum and think," why don't you go back to where you came from if it's all that bad"

Good to see a guy with a healthy common sense. 

On 10/9/2016 at 9:16 PM, Deepinthailand said:

Pathetic as usual.

The guy was so pathetic that he put a lot of pressure on his Thai wife that they had a couple of threesomes with a lb, of course unprotected.

Both got infected, he can't buy  overpriced flowers anymore, because he died because of inner bleeding after a car accident without being buckled up.

But his wife's still going through hell. And you call my post pathetic. Thanks, dude. 

17 hours ago, Daves900 said:

Aside from the public areas where it is impossible to control or influence, the shopping and restaurant areas offer a choice: eg, the noisy wannabe crowd that flocks to Starbucks for the loud environment, poor quality sugary drinks, formulaic service versus the less frenetic , casual, tinkling piano/light jazz environment at Au Bon Pain. Both Americam, similar prices, completely different atmosphere. One wildly successful, the other less so. 

On 10/13/2016 at 8:55 AM, Gary A said:

You can always get away from all the noise if you work at it.

That's right, Gary

These folks aren't in Kansas now are they? 

This is Thailand with all it's foibles and if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! :smile:

Go see my newest thread, "I'm soo sick of temperatures above 0 degrees!!!"

or one i will start soon, "Why are people selling food on the sidewalk!!!"

and then the classic, "Why can't I hear English all day?????!?!?!?!??!?"