Three youths dead in Sri Racha smash - Chinese driver arrested

webfact

RIP kids, condolences to families and friends.

" All three youths on the Honda Dream were dead at the scene. They were aged 13 and 14, reports..."  Three youths,  13 and 14?  Damn, I thought I had problems with math.

Quick to arrest driver ( a "commoner", probably) but cannot arrest and bring to trial the hi so who killed a policeman! It's all about who you know (or don't know)! Justice has nothing to do with it.

Amazing Thailand.

5 hours ago, dunroaming said:

This is Thailand.  Why would you try to compare it to Western rules and standards?  Have you never seen all the kids going to school on their motorcycles, sometimes three or four on board?  This is their country and they do things their way, often the consequences are awful but they have to make that call.

Please don't start with that nonsense "this is their country, blah, blah, blah".

This country is a developing country and is behind Western standards in almost all things, hence the comments. Remember this country has the worst road fatality rate in the word (number 2 officially but we all know it's the worst really due to the silly reporting law here) Road safety is not something that can be compromised and labeled under cultural difference, people drive in every country and ride motorbikes in every country. Safety standards such as seat belts are in every car all over the world and it is known that bad driving or lack of control causes death.

So, dont make excuses, Thailand needs to sort this out, for the sake of saving their own peoples lives if nothing else.

8 hours ago, BlackJack said:

put a 1000 baht camera in your car as this will be your witness to what happened

my camera is full of near misses and me swearing at idiots on the road

nothing worse than being in the right and arguing with the wrongdoers - he said she said and the cops will go which way??

Agree absolutely Jack.

The small cost could save you heaps, or even jail time.

At the very least it will entertain your friends from other countries when you show them the crazy driving and near misses.

My step son was killed whilst doing a u turn 3 up on his motorbike at night. 

Sad and and mother very distraught.

time passes we buy car for family to use (small pos Toyota) I catch next step son driving with two young kids in the front, no seat belts so I take his car use rights off him. 

Excuse given was was stomach pain so cannot put on seatbelt

I am the ar***ole in this matter

hmmmmmm

now uses motorbike but does not wear helmet ever and carries all four on it on main roads. 

I told the wife wife not to come to me for 1 penny if they are fortunate enough to end up in hospital and don't even ask me to contribute to the burning bit if they get killed.

my father told me" you make your bed, you lie on it!"

Edited by The Dark Lord
Missed a bit out

5 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

My step son was killed whilst doing a u turn 3 up on his motorbike at night. 

Sad and and mother very distraught.

time passes we buy car for family to use (small pos Toyota) I catch next step son driving with two young kids in the front, no seat belts so I take his car use rights off him. 

Excuse given was was stomach pain so cannot put on seatbelt

I am the ar***ole in this matter

hmmmmmm

now uses motorbike but does not wear helmet ever and carries all four on it on main roads. 

I told the wife wife not to come to me for 1 penny if they are fortunate enough to end up in hospital and don't even ask me to contribute to the burning bit if they get killed.

my father told me" you make your bed, you lie on it!"

A tough one. I feel you need to keep trying to educate him not give up on him. Take him to a hospital ward that has accident victims and show him the carnage accidents cause.