British Honorary Consular Agent for Koh Phangan killed in on the roads of Koh Samui

webfact

British Honorary Consular Agent for Koh Phangan killed in on the roads of Koh Samui

Neal-Bambridge.jpg

SAMUI: -- The British Honorary Consular Agent for Koh Phangan was killed on the roads of Koh Samui on Friday Night.

Neal Bambridge, from York in the United Kingdom, had been living in Thailand for twelve years, for the last 3 he was residing in Koh Samui. On Friday night Mr Bambridge was hit by a speeding truck near the One Way Pub in Lamai. The driver of the truck ploughed into two rental cars across the road after hitting him.

Mr Bambridge was described by one of his friends as a “die hard Harley Davidson fan, who loved his stout and British Food’. He leaves his wife Ratchi and son Jorge.

Source: http://www.samuitimes.com/british-honorary-consular-agent-for-koh-phangan-killed-in-on-the-roads-of-koh-samui/

samuitimes_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Samui Times 2016-10-13

30 minutes ago, starchild5 said:

There are no speed limits in Thailand...You can actually drive faster in Thailand than Auto Bhan in Germany technically speaking

There are speed limits, just not many adhere to them and very little enforce them.

2 minutes ago, steveyinasia said:

There are speed limits, just not many adhere to them and very little enforce them.

Depends where and is selective as is all enforcement.

My wife has appeared in numerous lovely police photos that they kindly sent us, along with their charge.

I did hear that they were thinking of using variable speed cameras but not sure when, where or how many.

On 10/14/2016 at 3:03 PM, ChrisY1 said:

Non helpful post removed... 

A Honorary consular Agent helps people from the country they represent with advice and document signing.... Fee usually involved. 

Condolences to the family and friends of Neal Bambridge

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2016 at 4:51 PM, TKDfella said:

This is tragic. RIP and thoughts of the family. I don't know what the roads are like on the island...are they large/straight long enough for high speeds?

No, but that doesn't stop them. One Way Pub sits on a treacherous intersection where traffic coming out of Lamai beach road, most of them turning right, have to contend with an almost blind bend full of speeders coming from the right and a downhill straight full of speeders coming from the left.

https://goo.gl/maps/UkjpywwXroQ2

Negotiating this intersection was the worst thing about living in Lamai.

RIP Neal Cambridge, and condolences to his family and friends.

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, George Graham said:

Please god tell me this is not an actual UK government appointment funded by taxpayer money.

It's a  voluntary position, the same as the Tourist police volunteers .....

People who get little credit or acknowledgment for the great work they do.

17 hours ago, George Graham said:

Please god tell me this is not an actual UK government appointment funded by taxpayer money.

Honourary consuls in tourist destinations often have the grim task of;

- Calling the families of kids killed in crashes or misadventure

- Responding to a call from the police to  help some idiots nicked for a crime like a drug offense or  shoplifting etc.

For all this wonderful stuff, they are paid  nothing and  often suffer the abuse of twits.

Archived