30% NCB is only 3%. Car insurance renewal.

About to finish the 2nd year of 1st Class insurance.

Won't mention the name, but they are Direct, and in Asia.

The quote for the 3rd year states 'No Claims Bonus: 30%'

But the quote is only 2.9% taking into account the amount we pay + the deductable.

It was the same for the 2nd year and after mentioning it they threw in an extra 500 baht voucher for PTT gas.

This year I've been a bit stronger. 'It is 3% less than last year. Where is the 30% NCB?' 

Where is it? Am I missing something? I've used all my fingers and toes and it is still 2.9% less than last year and it clearly states that on the quote that the NCB is 30% 

41 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

^^ Nope. Taking what was paid as a new customer 2 years ago as 100%, the 2nd year was discounted 3%, now this quote for the 3rd year is 3% of that again. 

^ Last year was 3% cheaper than the first year. It also stated 'NCB: 30%'.

It's time to shop around.

Edited by Wiggy

1 hour ago, Happy Grumpy said:

^^ Nope. Taking what was paid as a new customer 2 years ago as 100%, the 2nd year was discounted 3%, now this quote for the 3rd year is 3% of that again. 

^ Last year was 3% cheaper than the first year. It also stated 'NCB: 30%'.

So your NCB has stayed the same from last year at 30%? Did you make any claims? My bonus goes up every year if I dont claim, and my premium decreases.

But the cost of insurance also rises every year, so even if you do get an extra 10% NCB the net result will not reduce by that much. Another part of the calculation is that the sum insured decreases every year along with the age and value of the vehicle, which should also result in a decrease in the premium.

AXA have sent me a renewal for exactly the same premium I paid last year, 50,000B reduction on the theft cover.

No claims in the last year. Sitting tight, a couple of weeks to go until renewal, see what they offer closer to the renewal date.

^ I just started to look at other insurance companies, but you've got to give them your number to get a quote.

Then have then calling you every day for 2 or 3 weeks.

Screw that. Easier just to roll with it and live in peace. :D

Just ask a broker.

I could never understand the relationship between the no claims period and the price of the policy, it was always broadly about the same every year and no amount of shopping around ever changed that. Every year the value of the vehicle was reduced yet the price of the policy remained very similar, the only way to improve matters is to switch to a non-realer based insurance policy.

My premium always goes down every year. Not by the full 10% that one might expect with an increase of 10% in the NCB, but that's because the base premium also goes up with inflation (though this is also counterbalanced by the drop in value of the cover due to the increased age of the vehicle).

I don't take any notice of the renewal invoice that my insurance company sends me. I go and personally see the insurance company rep who works on site at the dealership where I bought my car. What she quotes me is normally between 20-30% less than what is in the letter I have received and that is for an identical policy. I think it's a bit foolish just to go and pay the price in the renewal letter without doing a bit more research first.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect