Wearing Army Uniform

biplanebluey

I have had a couple of camouflage army type jackets bought some yrs ago just as working attire.Forgot all about them til they came to light yesterday.My wife tells me it is now illegal to be seen in public either walking or on m/bike wearing these.Anyone know what the story is on this

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

OP have you not been around for the last few months????

There was a coup, now the army is in control.

I think that should answer your question.

Yes I have been around for many yrs now thank you-------------- I was just verifying that it was in fact true.I have been here also long enough to disregard some peoples comments about this sort of thing as they tend to make things up because they have not got the expression "I don't know" in their vocabulary. Thanks for reply but "yes you're Wife is right" would have been adequate :violin:

Just asked my Mrs she said if just top OK but not the full army uniform.

There's guys in our village who l know selling stuff from there stalls wearing camouflage army type jackets.

I wear camouflage army type trouser shorts most of the time.

Edited by Kwasaki

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Just asked my Mrs she said if just top OK but not the full army uniform.

There's guys in our village who l know selling stuff from there stalls wearing camouflage army type jackets.

I wear camouflage army type trouser shorts most of the time.

Thank you K

Interesting article on the subject (note criminal code references on right hand side):

http://www.thebigchilli.com/features/thailands-fake-police

I recall a case maybe six months ago, where a guy was videotaped punching his girlfriend on a Bangkok bus while wearing an army uniform. When they apprehended the guy it turned out he wasn't actually in the military and just wore the clothes for fashion purposes. He made an apology for bringing discredit to the military, but to the best of my recollection he wasn't charged for impersonating a member of the armed services.

Edited by Gecko123

I can see the reasoning behind any ban on wearing this sort of thing---------so decided tomorrow I buy some clothes dye and make them black jackets to be on the safe side------ after all they are only for wearing for gardening or helping on farm,anyway thanks for replies guys---------Have a good one:smile:

8 hours ago, biplanebluey said:

Thank you K

Yeah l have been out since last post and asked my Thai mates they laugh as usual but said maybe in some places in far south it may be a problem but not here, like where l am Sukhothai.

No worries my guess is like my Mrs your Mrs don't like you wearing it better if you dress like hi-so. :laugh: