Day after debate, Trump, Clinton square off again at roast

webfact

8 hours ago, Thakkar said:

I agree, the "joke" was badly delivered. That's excusable as Trump is not a professional comedian. But that wasn't my point. My point was that it was based on a lie. Clinton was never "kicked off the Watergate Commission"

Since when are jokes 100% accurate? Pretty much never. 

Just now, Ulysses G. said:

Since when are jokes 100% accurate? Pretty much never. 

There's a difference between exaggeration which jokes do and being based on nothing at all.  I remember that particular piece of nonsense being touted by a member who had a history of passing along these kind of unreliable post and has now mercifully retired from the playing field. It's significant in that Trump or members of his staff must believe that it's true. Why base a joke on an obscure falsehood?

26 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

The same reason that the left vastly distort and lie about so many of Trump's actions and beliefs. To make her look bad to win a political campaign.

You crack me up.

All the left have had to do is repeat his own words.

It wasn't Hillary that made a roomful of Catholics do a facepalm.

1 hour ago, Chicog said:

All the left have had to do is repeat his own words.

Then why do they constantly distort, spin and tell blatant lies about him?

The 10 Biggest Media Lies About Donald Trump

Here's a look at some of the more prominent untruths the media have reported about Trump:

1. He is not a billionaire. Forbes magazine researchers have placed his worth at $4 billion, while Trump asserts that he is worth $10 billion. A disclosure document recently released by the Federal Election Commission lists 515 different positions and 168 assets and sources of income for Trump.

The assets include 23 that are valued at more than $50 million each. Many items require that he check the box marked "$50 million or more" when they could be worth considerably more, meaning Trump's fortune may be higher than the disclosure suggests.

More lies at Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/trump-biggest-media-lies/2015/07/25/id/658877/#ixzz4Nq1kcXZc

So disagreeing with Trump is a lie?  I think not.

He is the one who makes exaggerated claims and doesn't back them up.   He's the one who will not release his tax returns.   So, we really don't have any good idea of his net worth.   

31 minutes ago, Credo said:

So, we really don't have any good idea of his net worth.

No you don't, but Forbes Magazine and the Federal Election Commission DO. Claiming that he is not  Billionaire is a blatant lie.

Here is another one:

2. Trump is not a successful businessman. Critics says he inherited a fortune from his family and has declared bankruptcy several times. But Trump's father had a net wealth estimated at between $250 million and $400 million at the time of his death, and he had four surviving children who were heirs, so Trump is responsible for accumulating the great bulk of his fortune. Trump has never personally declared bankruptcy. Some businesses he controlled or licensed his name have, but this is not unusual for a mogul who has owned hundreds of properties and businesses through the years.
More lies here:  http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/trump-biggest-media-lies/2015/07/25/id/658877/#ixzz4NqBOKlGw

Edited by Ulysses G.