Proposed Coal-fired Power Plant In Thap Sakae

sisi

Thap Sakae is only 120 kms south of Hua Hin. This proposed coal-fired power plant project, if go ahead will also affect Hua Hin environment as well. One just can't say this is not Hua Hin's problem. The locals people in Thap Sakae have already been told not to worry about it, as it will affect the area further down wind. People of Hua Hin or Prachaub for that matter, should be concerned about the polution issue this project, if allowed to go ahead, will cause to the area. Anyone who has first hand experience on the effect of polution caused by coal-fired power plant in your country outside Thailand, perhaps can share your view on this forum.

The locals people in Thap Sakae have already been told not to worry about it, as it will affect the area further down wind.

:o Which is the increasingly popular resort area called Ban Krut .. whose citizens foiled on attempt at a power plant in that community several years back.

The locals people in Thap Sakae have already been told not to worry about it, as it will affect the area further down wind.

:o Which is the increasingly popular resort area called Ban Krut .. whose citizens foiled on attempt at a power plant in that community several years back.

Unfortunately, the down wind direction is Prachaub, Pranburi and Hua Hin. 10 months of the year the wind blows from south-east direction.

Unfortunately, the down wind direction is Prachaub, Pranburi and Hua Hin. 10 months of the year the wind blows from south-east direction.

Um .. not meaning to start anything, but is it more unfortunate that the wind may be blowing some emissions in your direction than in some other person's direction?

My wife is from Thap Sakae and we own a 60 acre farm adjacent to the possible power plant property. I'd hope it doesn't happen, though the land value will skyrocket if it does.

We are residents of Hua Hin and I doubt that the plant will have any environmental implications this far north. However, given the amount of electricity that the ever-growing Hua Hin consumes, I think it is karmically more appropriate to build the power plant much closer to Hua Hin. This not-in-my-back-yard NIMBY attitude is very self-centered. Use less power, build fewer power plants.... I know, wishful thinking!

Thap Sakae is only 120 kms south of Hua Hin. This proposed coal-fired power plant project, if go ahead will also affect Hua Hin environment as well. One just can't say this is not Hua Hin's problem. The locals people in Thap Sakae have already been told not to worry about it, as it will affect the area further down wind. People of Hua Hin or Prachaub for that matter, should be concerned about the polution issue this project, if allowed to go ahead, will cause to the area. Anyone who has first hand experience on the effect of polution caused by coal-fired power plant in your country outside Thailand, perhaps can share your view on this forum.

We should call one of the former sponsors of this site - Baht&Sold...he advised that the very site of the new power pland is the place to buy at. Pristine, unknown, just rush in before everybody else does. I might be a bit wrong, but 20km up or down does not make much of a difference while 120km north Hua Hin is complaining.

Of course, he did not know what is going to happen. I really believe it. I doubt he knew anything, except...

Edited by think_too_mut