May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

And we have the audacity to moan about immigrants not integrating in the UK! 

How awful, it must drive the Spanish insane.

Fancy not even learning the language! And how about that numpty who voted for Brexit!

I agree the hysterical part of that video was that guy who voted Brexit because the UK should control immigration but was still going to continue living in Spain. The disconnect is unbelievable as if the Spanish are going to accept a situation whereby Brits are going to be allowed to live and work in Spain but Spaniards will not be allowed the same in the UK.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Naam said:

Brexit.png

I love the way how remainers present Britain's opt-out of the Euro and other equally hare-brained schemes such as Schengen as being unreasonable :laugh:. And nobody will be leaving with nothing from no deal. Europe will be the nett losers. But let's see for how long (if at all) the multis will buy into the EU's 'punish the UK to force the rest to love each other' philosophy. My money's on the multis winning that one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pitrevie said:

I agree the hysterical part of that video was that guy who voted Brexit because the UK should control immigration but was still going to continue living in Spain. The disconnect is unbelievable as if the Spanish are going to accept a situation whereby Brits are going to be allowed to live and work in Spain but Spaniards will not be allowed the same in the UK.

I thought the best bit was the woman sitting on a beach saying that the Brits " keep the economy going". Talk about self importance. Whilst tourism is a very important part of the Spanish economy, aging expats on shitty pension and spending the money in establishments run by Brits is not keeping any economy going. Sure it helps but Spain would not collapse if they where to pack up and leave.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Johnyo said:

Unless or until that lot show any concern towards their countrymen in the ROTW re frozen pensions, healthcare, parliamentary representation etc they can expect little sympathy in the other direction.

35 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

I love the way how remainers present Britain's opt-out of the Euro and other equally hare-brained schemes such as Schengen as being unreasonable :laugh:. And nobody will be leaving with nothing from no deal. Europe will be the nett losers. But let's see for how long (if at all) the multis will buy into the EU's 'punish the UK to force the rest to love each other' philosophy. My money's on the multis winning that one.

Not quite clear why Schengen is unreasonable, its a pleasure to travel across Europe without being stopped at every border along the way. Note in order to enter the Schengen area I go through the same passport and immigration controls as I do when entering the UK or any other country. A friend of mine who applied for a Schengen visa recently faced all the same vetting procedures with his first port of entry.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pitrevie said:

That was another laugh out loud moment - the guy has no interest in being in the UK, is a guest in another country, and wants to deny that opportunity to people who would work and pay taxes in the U.K. that help fund his future pension. They all seemed to be of the opinion that they were not in fact immigrants, but some kind of altruistic benefactors ... the UK is a country that will continue to need working immigrants as the population gets older. If that ever changes it will be due to a significant downturn in the economy. Beware of what you wish for.

3 hours ago, Flustered said:

Although it's breaking news, it won't appear on TV for a long while but TM has another arrow in her quiver.

Deutche Bank have announced they are committed to staying in London.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39378521

So much for the financial institutions lining up to leave.

I assume that Deutsche Bank have headquarters Germany and they wish to have prense also inside isolated UK market. Likewise UK banks will need presence in EU.

What the banks which are not from UK nor EU will do after brexit? 

3 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Yes, Abdelhamid Abaaoud and his merry gang also found the open borders in the Schengen zone a pleasure too. Fact is such unchecked freedom of movement is a surefire recipe for expanding criminality of all types. But, who cares? We get to have smoother, less hassle holidays, right?

In order to enter the Schengen area everyone has to go through an immigration control port of call. If they failed to pick anyone up why should any further border checks at the next countries borders pick anyone up. It is only open borders within Schengan in order to enter the Schengen zone you have to go through immigration control. So if any person can enter Britain through immigration control at the port of entry exactly how would it make a difference in the UK. We don't even have ID cards. 

39 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

In order to enter the Schengen area everyone has to go through an immigration control port of call. If they failed to pick anyone up why should any further border checks at the next countries borders pick anyone up. It is only open borders within Schengan in order to enter the Schengen zone you have to go through immigration control. So if any person can enter Britain through immigration control at the port of entry exactly how would it make a difference in the UK. We don't even have ID cards. 

Yes, had Abdelhamid Abaaud and his gang chosen a target in the UK, I'm sure they would have been able to move their war weapons through border control between Europe and the UK with the same ease that they moved them through no controls between Belgium and France in the Schengen Zone :crazy:.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Yes, had Abdelhamid Abaaud and his gang chosen a target in the UK, I'm sure they would have been able to move their war weapons through border control between Europe and the UK with the same ease that they moved them through no controls between Belgium and France in the Schengen Zone :crazy:.

Do you actually think they brought those weapons in with them from outside the Schengen area. If they could obtain weapons from within any Schengen country then why would the UK be an exception I assume given that bombs have been exploded by terrorists in London they obtained those materials within the UK. Perhaps you don't think its possible for criminal elements to obtain guns illegally in the UK and then travel throughout the UK. So a criminal obtaining weapons in London could go to Scotland or Wales with no further checks and cause mayhem. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Yes, Abdelhamid Abaaoud and his merry gang also found the open borders in the Schengen zone a pleasure too. Fact is such unchecked freedom of movement is a surefire recipe for expanding criminality of all types. But, who cares? We get to have smoother, less hassle holidays, right?

a valid point that can't be disputed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Naam said:

a valid point that can't be disputed.

Perhaps you could answer the questions I posed then. If he could enter the Schengen zone through some port of entry for example Berlin and fool the immigration officers with his papers then how is that different to entering say the UK through Heathrow with the same papers and the same result and travelling the length and breadth of the UK. Presumably all the weapons he obtained for his mischief were obtained within the Schengen zone not carried it with his luggage in much the same way the UK bombers could obtain all their material within the UK and any criminal element could obtain a gun within the UK and travel the length and breadth of the UK.

15 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

Perhaps you could answer the questions I posed then. If he could enter the Schengen zone through some port of entry for example Berlin and fool the immigration officers with his papers then how is that different to entering say the UK through Heathrow with the same papers and the same result and travelling the length and breadth of the UK. Presumably all the weapons he obtained for his mischief were obtained within the Schengen zone not carried it with his luggage in much the same way the UK bombers could obtain all their material within the UK and any criminal element could obtain a gun within the UK and travel the length and breadth of the UK.

He and his gang didn't enter the Schengen zone. They lived in it. And they were able to move themselves and their war weapons around in it unhindered. So they were able from their base in Belgium  to pick targets in France, where they weren't being monitored, and move freely to there from their base  to commit their atrocities. Something they wouldn't have been able to do if they'd chosen a target in the UK, because we opted out of the idiotic Schengen scheme. But, hey, Schengen's great for tourists. I don't dispute that.

Just now, Khun Han said:

He and his gang didn't enter the Schengen zone. They lived in it. And they were able to move themselves and their war weapons around in it unhindered. So they were able from their base in Belgium  to pick targets in France, where they weren't being monitored, and move freely to there from their base  to commit their atrocities. Something they wouldn't have been able to do if they'd chosen a target in the UK, because we opted out of the idiotic Schengen scheme. But, hey, Schengen's great for tourists. I don't dispute that.

So they lived in the Schengen area. Now explain how that is different to another terrorist living in the UK such as we saw in recent days being able to move around the UK freely. Or perhaps some terrorist based in London going to Scotland or Wales and carrying out a terrorist attack there. In 1996 the IRA took a vehicle from London and exploded it in the centre of Manchester, could easily have been Glasgow or Edinburgh. 

3 hours ago, pitrevie said:

Khun Han has a valid point stating

criminality of all types

because the Schengen area enables criminals and terrorists to move big distances without any hurdles after committing a crime.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I also thought the UK was a good balance for German hegemony

the German hegemony is nothing but a product of British paranoia invented by Rupert Murdoch and his British rainbow press.

• Like 1

Just now, Naam said:

Khun Han has a valid point stating

because the Schengen area enables criminals and terrorists to move big distances without any hurdles after committing a crime.

I am no terrorism expert but I think they always try to put as much distance between their base and their crime. You don't see many walking to the corner of their street and planting a bomb. The UK is not in the Schengen area and yet for some reason we have suffered numerous terrorists attacks. If there were border controls within the Schengen area all that would happen is that the terrorist would not travel so far to commit his outrage. The lunatic who ran amok in London by all accounts travelled from Birmingham. Now I would agree if the terrorists were able to enter the Schengen countries without any checks but the fact is that any person entering the Schengen area from outside goes through all the same security vetting that he would as if he were entering the UK

2 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

Now I would agree if the terrorists were able to enter the Schengen countries without any checks but the fact is that any person entering the Schengen area from outside goes through all the same security vetting that he would as if he were entering the UK

talking about entering the UK. a few years ago we arrived in Heathrow coming from Brazil and waiting for our connecting flight to Frankfurt. there was no time going to the lounge and i wanted to smoke a cigarette after the 12 hour flight. after some minutes scouting around trying to find a smoking area i passed through a big glass door, was outside of the terminal where taxis dropped passengers, smoked my cigarette and went inside again without being checked. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Naam said:

talking about entering the UK. a few years ago we arrived in Heathrow coming from Brazil and waiting for our connecting flight to Frankfurt. there was no time going to the lounge and i wanted to smoke a cigarette after the 12 hour flight. after some minutes scouting around trying to find a smoking area i passed through a big glass door, was outside of the terminal where taxis dropped passengers, smoked my cigarette and went inside again without being checked. 

I recall reading many years ago that the Swiss were using some European database to check passports and carried out something like 50000 checks a month and intercepted numerous suspect documents. Switzerland a hotbed of terrorism was using this database extensively. The British on the other hand seldom made use of the same database, I even wrote to my MP about it,  and its only in the last couple of visits that my passport entry and exits have been scanned.

11 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

The day I listen to Heseltine will be a sad day indeed....

If you don't listen to opposing views you will never become wiser. Just like those silly people who use ignore ?

I listen to all points of view view and then draw my conclusions. Try taking your blinkers off!

3 hours ago, pitrevie said:

So they lived in the Schengen area. Now explain how that is different to another terrorist living in the UK such as we saw in recent days being able to move around the UK freely. Or perhaps some terrorist based in London going to Scotland or Wales and carrying out a terrorist attack there. In 1996 the IRA took a vehicle from London and exploded it in the centre of Manchester, could easily have been Glasgow or Edinburgh. 

The IRA made a huge bomb from fertiliser about 25 years ago. They would not be able to obtain such fertiliser (or any other explosive materials) in sufficient quantities to make a large bomb nowadays because of checks put in place since then.

Abdelhamid Abaaoud's gang were able to move an arsenal of war weapons into France without any checks. They would not be able to bring them into the UK because we didn't join the idiotic Schengen scheme. And they wouldn't be able to obtain such weapons inside the UK.

The recent terrorist attack in London used a hire car and two knives, so your attempt to draw a comparison is rather disingenuous. It's such intellectual dishonesty that got you on my ignore list. I gave you another chance, but you're at it again. So you're going back there.

6 hours ago, pitrevie said:

Exactly, many just seem to think its an open door.

About 18 months ago I was on a flight from London to Cologne and a guy, English accent and UK passport, just in front was refused entry. He didn't half kick off, didn't catch the problem but heard him shout at the immigration officer " it was ok last time". Immigration officer just shook his head and told him to stand to one side.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

The IRA made a huge bomb from fertiliser about 25 years ago. They would not be able to obtain such fertiliser (or any other explosive materials) in sufficient quantities to make a large bomb nowadays because of checks put in place since then.

Abdelhamid Abaaoud's gang were able to move an arsenal of war weapons into France without any checks. They would not be able to bring them into the UK because we didn't join the idiotic Schengen scheme. And they wouldn't be able to obtain such weapons inside the UK.

The recent terrorist attack in London used a hire car and two knives, so your attempt to draw a comparison is rather disingenuous. It's such intellectual dishonesty that got you on my ignore list. I gave you another chance, but you're at it again. So you're going back there.

Yeah you have such a track record in what you term intellectual dishonesty as your attempt to smear me with that the last time backfired when I showed that the two links from LG that you were lauding turned out to to fake and which you hadn't even read. Also it isn't I that accuses people of banning them from twitter accounts that he knows nothing about or writing books about kings and queens whatever that was all about or even trying to reveal my name trying to connect me with another figment of your imagination.

However back to the subject of Brexit, only this week a major terrorist offence occurred in our capital city and we aren't even members of the Schengen area. In 2005 56 died died as a result of the London bombings, no need to cross borders it was all done from within. However such is your hatred of all things to do with the EU you attempt to smear them with everything. However I am grateful that I am on your ignore list but that will not stop me posting replies to correct the nonsense you post.

• Like 1