Rainsy: I’ll Return by Road or Sea

geovalin

Opposition leader Sam Rainsy remained defiant in his response to an eye-opening letter from the government released on Friday, detailing its plans to do everything possible to keep the opposition leader out of the country. “I will return to Cambodia even if it’s not by airplane. I will go through roads or waterways.

“I will return to Cambodia before election day like it was 2013,” he said in an interview with a local radio station posted to his Facebook page. “I will not wait for a royal pardon because I know I don’t have any sentence. I will come back without waiting for a pardon. I don’t need a pardon. I will come for the election campaign.”

Mr. Rainsy, president of the Cambodia National Rescue Party (CNRP), went on to say that Prime Minister Hun Sen did not want him back in the country because he did not want him to take part in the political process. The statement came in response to a letter from the Council of Ministers released last week and prompted by Mr. Hun Sen, which prescribed an array of methods to keep Mr. Rainsy out of Cambodia.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/31166/rainsy--i---ll-return-by-road-or-sea/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 24/10