Immigration: PIBICS information system now back to normal

webfact

Immigration: PIBICS information system now back to normal

a6.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- Immigration authorities have announced that the PIBICS information system that records tourist arrivals and departures is now running as normal.

The news follows revelations that the system broke down on Sunday to Monday with thousand of arrivals and departures left unrecorded on the system, reports Thairath.

A spokesman said that the backlog would all be entered using the paper TM 6 cards that had been filled in. The spokesman said the authorities were confident that no blacklisted people had fled the country.

He said that the system, which is eight years old, was now repaired and running normally.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-27

How can they be confident that no blacklisted person left the country ?

This might only be clear when the backlog of cards is cleared up and providing such persons were using their own, genuine passports unless of course Immigration personnel are so clued up they can recognize every person on the list.

1 minute ago, kannot said:

dont be stupid..............everyone knows its clockwork

1 minute ago, kannot said:

dont be stupid..............everyone knows its clockwork

Just don't wind me up. And be nice don't call me stupid only my mother God rest her soul can call me that. 

1 hour ago, mettech said:

How could this system would not have back up.?? Immigration are on the edge of using new technology but surely will have to be trained.

It probably does have back up. Its kind of like the self proclaimed smartest people in the world that made the name tsunami, building their backup generators for a Nuke plant on the beach.

Well I must stand corrected on a few issues with immigration. Yes I may not be the most smiley man one can encounter. But I are honest and try to go by the book they have written. Cut to the chase line. We had problem with a officer trying to drag out the process of extension asking for a blue book when there is not one. Due to new development. .That was her last card she slipped in. After a constant no there is no blue or Tabian barn.  She insisted on getting it anyway. Enough with this. We rent but owning properties here. I could not get through to this terror at the desk. She was trying all her power to stop us obtaining a extension. Soar bitter lady. Enough I told her enough of your crap. Grabbed passport files and this was the third visit for these misfits..Called the big Boss the number 1. GUESS WHAT. A ABSOLUTE GENTLEMAN. A CLASS OF HIS OWN. For a moment I thought it was my brother on the other end. He knows and now I understand the inactive post issues. Bottom line all fixed and his system is online. He answered on the second ring. And was fair and precise. There are good people. It's just masked via problem.makers.