Gradual Improvements

Upon arrival early this week I was pleasantly surprised to note that plants have been added to the arrival concourse where I arrived. This really changed and improved the otherwise cold steel feeling. However upon departure again (yesterday) I didn't see any plants inside the building ... so maybe they've only managed so far to put the plants in one concourse. If they can do this all over the airport, it will improve the atmosphere tremendiously and may add some charm to an otherwise almost charmless place.

I did also notice that a lot of trees are being planted, almost in plantation style, outside the building on the airport grounds. This will improve the place/atmosphere also as the trees mature in a couple of years. However I had to laugh as I watched them installing large plaster or cement birds (cranes, or swans, or whatever) in the gardens. They must have put about 50 of these things in a relatively small garden. There were more cement birds than plants .. ha ha.

Also there is a new TG Royal Orchid Business Class lounge opened (concourse C ?? not sure). I didn't go in but saw the signs as I was going to my gate to board.

Finally a new record was set for me and Suvarnabhumi this week ... I arrived and entered the airport through a walkway/bridge (ngung) and also departed thru the bridge/walway directly into the aircraft. So maybe the parking bays are finally coming online.

Edited by rogerdee123