the best pizza of my life

logon1

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, tigerbeer said:

best pizza of my life hands down is pizza company especially when they are late in delivery. i get free pizza and also buy one free one deals. why bother with any other pizza?

perhaps because they taste better?

we are talking quality here not price or quantity, the thread was the best pizza not the best free pizza 

7 hours ago, Flanno said:

Does Dukes do hamburgers as well? I like a bit of variation in my diet and a great hamburger usually keeps me happy.

Check out their website for the menu.    www.wherestheduke.com

52 minutes ago, stament said:

Spaniel,  post 589. In my experience the words pizza hut and great pizza are never used in the same sentence. average at best IMHO

Well I'm sorry you don't like the Pizza Hut USA offerings.   I know I don't care for Pizza Hut or Pizza Company here in Thailand .   Maybe it has been a while since you last tried one.     I know everyone's taste in pizza varies.      Here is pic of a large pepperoni,  hand tossed pizza from Pizza Hut.    What's not to like?

USA Trip Aug Sept 2016 488.JPG

41 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

Well I'm sorry you don't like the Pizza Hut USA offerings.   I know I don't care for Pizza Hut or Pizza Company here in Thailand .   Maybe it has been a while since you last tried one.     I know everyone's taste in pizza varies.      Here is pic of a large pepperoni,  hand tossed pizza from Pizza Hut.    What's not to like?

USA Trip Aug Sept 2016 488.JPG

Spaniel, I have to confess my experiences have been in the UK, but I thought it was a generic product as its a chain? 

8 hours ago, Flanno said:

Does Dukes do hamburgers as well? I like a bit of variation in my diet and a great hamburger usually keeps me happy.

Yes, burgers and other good stuff. Worth a visit if you haven't been.

1 hour ago, stament said:

perhaps because they taste better?

we are talking quality here not price or quantity, the thread was the best pizza not the best free pizza 

yes best pizza of my life. u should try it too. it would be an experience of a lifetime. i'll even lend u my buy one free one card. 

2 hours ago, stament said:

Spaniel,  post 589. In my experience the words pizza hut and great pizza are never used in the same sentence. average at best IMHO

Maybe because you've never had the real McCoy http://www.pizzanapoletana.org/eng_associati.php

Nor ever will in Chiang Mai in the foreseeable future.

Edited by Paul Catton

A post containing an inflammatory comment has been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

First ..a picture is not worth a thousand words. Went to one the highest rated Italian restaurants in Siem Reap..acc. to Tripadviser. Owned and run by an Italian guy from Venice . Ordered a pizza. ;Looked fantastic. It had ZERO taste. A slice of cardboard had more flavor. Told the owner ,he took it back ... his solution? He dumped a half cup of salt on it.DELETED, It went from no taste to inedible...hey but it looked great.

''Street Pizza''here in CM..another big hit w/ tripadviser..is garbage as well...tasteless,, unless you get one loaded with pepperoni.In which case that's all you taste.

''Paradise Pizza'' DELETED. Doughy, dry,tasteless. If you ask for a tablespoon of extra sauce you'll be charged  which is ...petty.

The only decent pizza is ''New York'' pizza behind ZOE ...small cart . Made by a nice thai lady..the BBQ chicken very good. The Margharita ....excellent. And you can buy by the slice.

Edited by seedy
Derogatory

8 hours ago, DiamondKing said:
For all you Dukes Dinosaurs here is a list of just a few different Pizza places offering a variety of different style pizzas GET OUT AND TRY them then come back and tell me the Dukes are still the best hahahaha Dukes have no chance 

Casa Restaurant in the old city
Croco Pizza
Omkoi riverside Bakery authentic Napoli Pizza 
2Gether Bar & Restaurant Italian Chef and Voted Best Pizza in CM 2 years in a row DELETED
Antonio Restaurant
Why Not Nimman -Italian Chef 
Adirak Pizza 
Italics Restaurant
Papa Rocks voted best thick crust Pizza 2015  DELETED
Yummy Pizza 
By Hand Pizza

Ok lets find out if 2Gether restauarant with the Italian chef make the best pizza in town. Could you give me the location thanks.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Edited by seedy
Derogatory

No matter how hard I try I can't understand why people like Piazza ..,,,,

I was even in a Thai Piazza advert and still never ate the DELETED lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by seedy
Language

15 minutes ago, ScotBkk said:

No matter how hard I try I can't understand why people like Piazza ..,,,,

I was even in a Thai Piazza advert and still never ate the shit lol

Can understand why you don't like eating Piazza as it's a communal outdoor  floorspace, normally lower case P.

Flagstones, pavers would neither excite me.

Can understand why you don't like eating Piazza as it's a communal outdoor  floorspace, normally lower case P.
Flagstones, pavers would neither excite me.

Sorry Paul it's a - don't like bread thing with food !!

1 hour ago, ScotBkk said:

Sorry Paul it's a - don't like bread thing with food !!

Apology completely unnecessary.

Does "bread thing" include Pies?

Please be cautionary with your reply or you are subject mass flaggelation..

Also bear in mind Subway, Pita express and every hamburger from any and all sources etc.

Tread carefully or perhaps be  virtually doomed. Humorous icon unavailable on this device, please insert own.

On 3 November 2016 at 7:11 AM, Paul Catton said:

Maybe because you've never had the real McCoy http://www.pizzanapoletana.org/eng_associati.php

Nor ever will in Chiang Mai in the foreseeable future.

exactly my point Paul, the pizza place you mention isnt Pizza Hut which I was saying IMHO isnt what I would associate with quality pizzas.

Anyhow you just find the best place for burgers, fish and chips and coffe in CM so we can go there together. Leave it with me to take care of a place that serves cold beer ;-)

This afternoon we went the the tamarind garden's Italian restaurant and it was GREAT. the setting is indeed in a garden with a wonderful eating area, attentive staff, nice menu and reasonable prices. I ordered a salami pizza and inhaled it. My wife ordered a salmon salad and it was also perfect. There is an organic garden, a coffee shop, indoor eating and it was a great experience.

On 9 November 2016 at 1:10 PM, stament said:

exactly my point Paul, the pizza place you mention isnt Pizza Hut which I was saying IMHO isnt what I would associate with quality pizzas.

Anyhow you just find the best place for burgers, fish and chips and coffe in CM so we can go there together. Leave it with me to take care of a place that serves cold beer ;-)

Apologies, as I was speed reading at the time on a small phone type of thing, and my cohesion "was pizzas and great pizzas are never used in the same sentence"

Brain omitted "hut" out of the equation however Chiang Mai pizza offerings would also still be out.

7/11 serves the coldest beer from the rear of the fridge in bottled format, and being an expert home brewer both in wine and beer emanating  from my period of stay in my mid-years in the UK with Condessa, Ritchie's, Vina etc. devolves me from commercial taste.

Perhaps let me lead the charge, based upon prenatal-postnatal ability.

Returning back to topic " Best pizza of my life"

Completely subjective to the individual whatever others think,

I love pizza. People who know me know that I love pizza. In fact I've spent most of my 60 years in a love affair with pizza. I can still remember when I was a young kid and I got my parents to buy me a pizza bake oven. Yes, just like a girls easy bake oven but for pizza. I can still remember sitting in my closet making pizza from the dough mix that they gave to me and the canned pizza sauce. Consider this, I have loved pizza and I know pizza like many of the pizza aficionados of the world. I read about pizza and I revel in it.

So while Diamand King might be an <deleted> lets get into the specifics of the pizzas he promotes.

2 gather Bar- Good job on promotion and a nice pizza but far from the best. Chiang Mai eats is run by a bunch of guys who are about, anti The Duke's and who promote their own agenda. While they do a decent pizza it is far from the best in Chiang Mai. It is OK though. It is very similar to the pizza at Street Pizza.

I love Street Pizza but it is not a great pizza. I's good and has some real olive oil but not great.

Papa Rocks is always great pizza > Nikki knows how to cook and his pizza is good.

Itaslics, the best pizza in Chiang Mai is at the best weak and at the least the worst. It's one thing to claim to be the best but they are not. Georgios is much better.

I've not had a few of the other places pizza but one thing would be for sure would be that I would love them. Why? because I love pizza.

So where do I eat pizza? If I did not have The Duke's I would buy from... 

On 11/12/2016 at 6:57 PM, theDukes said:

I love pizza. People who know me know that I love pizza. In fact I've spent most of my 60 years in a love affair with pizza. I can still remember when I was a young kid and I got my parents to buy me a pizza bake oven. Yes, just like a girls easy bake oven but for pizza. I can still remember sitting in my closet making pizza from the dough mix that they gave to me and the canned pizza sauce. Consider this, I have loved pizza and I know pizza like many of the pizza aficionados of the world. I read about pizza and I revel in it.

So while Diamand King might be an <deleted> lets get into the specifics of the pizzas he promotes.

2 gather Bar- Good job on promotion and a nice pizza but far from the best. Chiang Mai eats is run by a bunch of guys who are about, anti The Duke's and who promote their own agenda. While they do a decent pizza it is far from the best in Chiang Mai. It is OK though. It is very similar to the pizza at Street Pizza.

I love Street Pizza but it is not a great pizza. I's good and has some real olive oil but not great.

Papa Rocks is always great pizza > Nikki knows how to cook and his pizza is good.

Itaslics, the best pizza in Chiang Mai is at the best weak and at the least the worst. It's one thing to claim to be the best but they are not. Georgios is much better.

I've not had a few of the other places pizza but one thing would be for sure would be that I would love them. Why? because I love pizza.

So where do I eat pizza? If I did not have The Duke's I would buy from... 

20 hours ago, balo said:

The best pizza in CM would not even make it into the top 10 list in Pattaya. Just my experience.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Not sure what the relevance is with Pattaya, this is a Chiang Mai thread. I doubt the best pizza in Pattaya would make the top 100 in Italy...... Is that relevant to eating pizza in CM?.  No..... so :sorry::offtopic:

Most pizza restaurants that I've tried seem to be good, some of the time at making one or two types of pizza's, (maybe) that's what they learned from their previous employer before starting their own business. Where I think the Dukes excels is in two areas; it's not just about making a pizza but in making many different kinds of pizza and that's not especially easy, the quality is always high in the ingredients used in all their pizza's. I can think of one pizza restaurant in my neck of the woods where the owner learned how to make a really good pizza base and then straight away set about destroying the pizza by putting poor quality ingredients on it, just to improve profitability. The second area of excellence is consistency, every time I've ordered a pizza from them it has always been good, not four times out of five, not just some Friday nights but every time.