7-Eleven dumps AIS services

snoop1130

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, anotheruser said:

Because they wanted a higher percent of the sales it seems. Hard to say who will lose more money out of this. 711 doesn't get the 4% but AIS loses an insane amount of locations. I am on True but given the location of a 711 to my condo and nothing else very close I would switch to True based on just that. 

On the other hand I usually top on online so I guess it doesn't matter. I don't really see a winner here.

LOL. I see a winner. AIS will end up agreeing to pay more or they will settle on 5%. You can't screw with 7Eleven - it's too big.

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

yeah my number is saved under the "top up" button. I still need to type in the desired amount I want to top up and still need to type the OTP.

If I was post pay I would still need to do exactly the same.

And who in their right mind would disable the OTP ?

I don't know about disabling the OTP code, but with K-Bank you can top up any SIM with up to 200 baht without a OTP. If you want to send 200 baht, just do 2 quick transactions.

8 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

ever notice 7-11 only puts the four month old potato chips on promotion?

I don't know about that, i am still puzzled on why they decided to call themselves 7-11 rather than a more simple "-4" (minus four), which more or less should correspond to how many Celsius degrees they have got inside their stores.....

17 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Ban 7/11's full stop. Let the local shops and markets thrive. Empower the hard working small businesses, stop feeding the Fat Cat.

Like that's going to stop them. They have a goal of 10,000 stores by 2018 and they are currently getting close to 9,000 stores.

In 2014 nearly 10 million people visited 7Elevens daily. It must be getting near 20% of the Thai population daily.

8 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

I don't know about that, i am still puzzled on why they decided to call themselves 7-11 rather than a more simple "-4" (minus four), which more or less should correspond to how many Celsius degrees they have got inside their stores.....

7-11 because it use to be open from 7am to 11pm only decades ago.

1 hour ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Why use some third-party top-up website when it can easily done through online banking, an ATM, or with AIS's own phone app.

I use it because it's cheap and easy. And i can do it when I'm not in Thailand to keep my sim active.

39 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

Sorry but to me that's not a competition, i am just trying to be helpful, so you can use your saved spare time into doing other stuff, as for example coming here on TV to suggest that other posters willing to help you out are just insane, which might be correct after all....:crazy: 

Ohh ok, being argumentative is helping these days.

Amusing though as nothing you have offered would speed up topping up my phone via online banking, something which I have no issue with and never asked how to do it quicker.

And yes, suggesting to someone to get rid of their OTP is insane.

Edited by Don Mega

17 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Ban 7/11's full stop. Let the local shops and markets thrive. Empower the hard working small businesses, stop feeding the Fat Cat.

No way 7/11 is the best place in thailand to get good food when everything else is closed, do you think you would get that from your local shops no way keep it up 7/11 you are great .

18 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

The fat cat understands what customers want...i prefer him above all small shops who only try to overcharge me.

It's sad for all the small shops but i hope they disappear soon to make place for big ones who show prices and are cheaper/better/airconditioned and have big parkinglots. They deserve to go bankrupt with all their false tactics and bad service.

5 minutes ago, fruitman said:

The fat cat understands what customers want...i prefer him above all small shops who only try to overcharge me.

It's sad for all the small shops but i hope they disappear soon to make place for big ones who show prices and are cheaper/better/airconditioned and have big parkinglots. They deserve to go bankrupt with all their false tactics and bad service.

You gotta be kidding, fruitman, not really sure what you're up to? The big ones eat the small ones which is the reason for such a freaking world? You can't be serious and might try some cereals, or get the banana out of your, you know where. 

The little shop in my neighborhood sells a small Leo for 33 baht, while 7/11 takes 39. How does that make your post look like? I'd be very sad if the shop would have to close just to make place for a 7/freaking 11. 

Edited by lostinisaan

4 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Good on you fruitman you are so right who cares about the small little shops here all of them sell s??? .

4 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

You gotta be kidding, fruitman, not really sure what you're up to? The big ones eat the small ones which is the reason for such a freaking world? You can't be serious and might try some cereals, or get the banana out of your, you know where. 

Big shops beat small shops all over the world, it will also happen in Thailand. Markets are even more expensive than supermarkets but their customers just don't know it yet because they never visit a supermarket. (except for buying 50 litre oil when it's in the sale)

Big mandarins at the Makro cost 20 baht each, on the market they cost double that but they won't show the price of course. They even bought them at the Makro themselves.

Edited by fruitman

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Ohh ok, being argumentative is helping these days.

Amusing though as nothing you have offered would speed up topping up my phone via online banking, something which I have no issue with and never asked how to do it quicker.

And yes, suggesting to someone to get rid of their OTP is insane.

:cheesy:

Look Don Mega, i tried my best but i think it's time to give up, maybe the best way you could speed up a bit the process it's trying to do it while you are at full throttle on 2 wheels with at least 1000cc of power, that might fix it, for everything else just try to understand what other are suggesting, it helps

1 minute ago, fruitman said:

Big shops beat small shops all over the world, it will also happen in Thailand. Markets are even more expensive than supermarkets but their customers just don't know it yet because they never visit a supermarket. (except for buying 50 litre oil when it's in the sale)

You don';t get it, do you? You really want that all the Thais lose their business ( even when a lot cheaper) to the big tigers who eat all and everybody? I'm speechless. 

2 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Good on you fruitman you are so right who cares about the small little shops here all of them sell s??? .

I care less for them than they care for me...they can apply for a job at one of the big cats soon. they will get a salary and no more overcharging for them.

CP is a very smart businessman, that's why he's so big now. Because he has good produce and easy shops everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

:cheesy:

Look Don Mega, i tried my best but i think it's time to give up, maybe the best way you could speed up a bit the process it's trying to do it while you are at full throttle on 2 wheels with at least 1000cc of power, that might fix it, for everything else just try to understand what other are suggesting, it helps

Why are you continuing to waffle on about this, are your eyes painted on or you simply cannot grasp the concept that iam content with my method of top ups and the time it takes (note I have never asked about speeding it up).

40 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

would speed up topping up my phone via online banking, something which I have no issue with and never asked how to do it quicker.

16 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

(note I have never asked about speeding it up).

3 hours ago, Don Mega said:

5 hours ago, Stray said:

To save yourself "30 extra seconds."

how ?

:omfg:  ..... :giggle:

....i don't know about you guys, but sometime i just found myself asking how many "Don Mega" might still be out there ?

Just now, Mangostin said:

:omfg:  ..... :giggle:

....i don't know about you guys, but sometime i just found myself asking how many "Don Mega" might still be out there ?

so where in all that did I ask about speeding up the process , surely there is others posts of mine you can take out of context to feebly prove your point.

5 hours ago, Stray said:

Only going from Don Mega's quote in post #20:

"1st of every month I log into my internet banking to pay rent/make car payments so the extra 30 seconds to throw some money on the phone is just the same as paying a phone bill anyways."

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

so where in all that did I ask about speeding up the process , surely there is others posts of mine you can take out of context to feebly prove your point.

Take out of context your posts???

Don't you think you are already doing a good job by yourself? 

Surely i am not perfect, but at least i haven't got Alzheimer as yet, try to read back what YOU wrote, before claiming others are stating something which isn't true.

I also take this occasion to remind you, if you don't mind, that being thankful toward someone which tried to help you out, it's not by any means a legal obligation, but it would be nice if you do, and surely would be much better than coming back to state that you never asked for it, what sort of attitude is that???

You should seek help on that, honestly, much more than with any other technical's difficulties you might come across in the future, for your but also our well being and peace of mind  :jap:

Just now, Mangostin said:

Take out of context your posts???

Don't you think you are already doing a good job by yourself? 

Surely i am not perfect, but at least i haven't got Alzheimer as yet, try to read back what YOU wrote, before claiming others are stating something which isn't true.

I also take this occasion to remind you, if you don't mind, that being thankful toward someone which tried to help you out, it's not by any means a legal obligation, but it would be nice if you do, and surely would be much better than coming back to state that you never asked for it, what sort of attitude is that???

You should seek help on that, honestly, much more than with any other technical's difficulties you might come across in the future, for your but also our well being and peace of mind  :jap:

As I thought, you cannot link one of my posts where I asked about speeding up the process.

Also I see  no reason to thank anyone for offering advice that was not only not asked for but does nothing to speed up the process anyways.

1 hour ago, Rob13 said:

I use it because it's cheap and easy. And i can do it when I'm not in Thailand to keep my sim active.

Everyone is going on about using online banking to top up SIMs as though it's some sort of hidden secret that only the very technologically advanced can achieve.

It's not relevant to the topic. Percentage wise a very small number of people can just go online to top up through mobile or PC banking. A lot of people wouldn't even know how to do it, and most tourists certainly don't bother.

It's a huge problem for AIS and a chance for CP to increase True market share.

8 hours ago, Mangostin said:

Ouch! So sorry to hear that Rory, but if i hadn't 50B on my account to top up my phone, i would surely reorganize a bit my priorities and leave the issue about how i can top up on a more joyful time of my life...

It's a bit odd that you would quote my real name, I'm not sure that's listed anywhere on this site is it? But anyhow, having credit on my phone isn't a priority, I use WiFi mostly anyway, so don't feel sorry for me. My UK bank account, on the other hand, looks fine thank you very much.

Unless you're a friend and I simply don't know your thaivisa name, I would assume that you're coming over as a bit of a ****