Rules to open a tutoring school (also for thai nationals)

lifedrainer

Hi Thaivisa group,

I plan to rent a place a start teaching kids but I have yet to get a full grasp on what is required legally for that.

I figure someone here has all the knowledge or could redirect me to a website (it can be in thai as well).

I have the thai nationality and believe this makes things easier.

So far I have read a rule saying that if you teach under X students (is the number seven ?), you are not falling under the requirements of a tutoring school.

Hope someone can provide me with all the juicy details.

Thank you in advance,

Alex.

If you are Thai and can read Thai then you are going to get more pertinent info at a Thai site like pantip.com. TV is mostly non-Thai farangs.

Also if you fire up Google you'll see an option at the bottom to switch to Bhasa Thai which could work better in your case.

Depending on the size of the school, one of the "hidden" requirements that go beyond business registration (e.g., mix of thai / foreign employees, registered capital etc) is that larger schools will need to be located in a building that has a special permit for educational use. For example, where you see the big chains like Wall Street, Kumon, etc -- those buildings will have the permit (comes from the Education Ministry I believe as opposed to BMA).