Cheap guesthouse/hotel in Chaiyaphum

KIO

Hi all,

Usually book thru one of the bigger hotel booking sites but in Chaiyaphum there is not that much avaliable and the ones that are do not come that highly recommended. Will be making a nightly stopover on the way up to my dad and was hoping for some good recommendations from you lot as a city the size as Chaiyaphum ought to have many nice options below 500 b/night. Please ad a google map pin of your recommendation which makes finding it after a 6 h drive so much easier.

Cheers!

KIO

You are aware this is probably the poorest of the poor areas in Thailand?  Which does not equate to nice/cheap options as there is nobody to use them.  My overnight in about the best hotel was 3rd class at best and there was almost a gun fight in parking lot - don't expect too much or flowery reviews - this is not a tourist town.

You are aware this is probably the poorest of the poor areas in Thailand?  Which does not equate to nice/cheap options as there is nobody to use them.  My overnight in about the best hotel was 3rd class at best and there was almost a gun fight in parking lot - don't expect too much or flowery reviews - this is not a tourist town.

Oh yeah, I'm well aware as my father lives just 1,5 h away and visit regurlarly. But there are allways hidden gems out there which I'm hoping people will know of... not talking about luxury or anything like that but, clean and friendly.

KIO

Skickat från min G7-L01 via Tapatalk

It has been a few years but I did a lot of online checking and did not appear to be much available then - clean and friendly you might find however.  

You and me both... Hopefully someone who is updated will share someting soon (fingers crossed)

KIO

It really sounds as if this is an overnight rest stop - not a search for a holiday week.  Expect easy access and perhaps on route he is taking are better than trying to find after arrival if nobody can provide a real experience in a low cost venue.

Actually I might consider making the drive 7 1/2 hours rather than six to avoid the overnight.   We used to drive to the Loei border area and overnight in Chum Phae.

It really sounds as if this is an overnight rest stop - not a search for a holiday week.  Expect easy access and perhaps on route he is taking are better than trying to find after arrival if nobody can provide a real experience in a low cost venue.

Actually I might consider making the drive 7 1/2 hours rather than six to avoid the overnight.   We used to drive to the Loei border area and overnight in Chum Phae.

Driving from Hua Hin and final destination is actually Chum Phae... have the wifes sister with us this time and she wanted stopping to se "Thailand" and we thought we give her that hardcore and decided upon Chaiyapum. But might just scrap the idea and drive on to final destination first day...

Thanks for all the input, will update if we stop and if so where we stayed and how it was.

KIO

When we drive up to our plot of land in the sticks, we use one of several roadside/motel type resorts.

There are quite a few new ones springing up all the time.

Can't remember exact locations, as we just pull in when we see 1 that looks ok.

All have been new, clean and have everything you need. Cost around 400-600 baht.

We take the route 225, across from the 21 coming north from Bangkok.

Edited by cornishcarlos

When we drive up to our plot of land in the sticks, we use one of several roadside/motel type resorts.
There are quite a few new ones springing up all the time.
Can't remember exact locations, as we just pull in when we see 1 that looks ok.
All have been new, clean and have everything you need. Cost around 400-600 baht.

We take the route 225, across from the 21 coming north from Bangkok.

Mate, is this road no. 21 you're indicating?

KIO

Ok thanks for the info. We drive on the 2 and then take the 201 to Chaiyapum... but I'm sure this strip of road has plenty of the (as we like to call them) "boom-boom" resorts which we can try.

Cheers

KIO

We ended up driving the 637 kms (from Soi 70 Hua Hin to Ban Kaeng) non stop as it went better than expected; 6 h flat to the PPT opposite Big C Chaiyaphum and then 1 h 10 min the remaining 100 k's... And we also came in below budget this time around as I didn't get a single speeding ticket LOL!

KIO

Believe that is a much improved road these days - used to be single lanes from turnoff from Hy 2 for most of the way to Chaiyaphum so a killer when trucks were crawling along.  North of Chaiyaphum was also two lanes but seemed to move better (less traffic).    

Believe that is a much improved road these days - used to be single lanes from turnoff from Hy 2 for most of the way to Chaiyaphum so a killer when trucks were crawling along.  North of Chaiyaphum was also two lanes but seemed to move better (less traffic).    

Oh yeah, after the turn off to the 201 was not many kms left with single lane... wonderful!

KIO