Thai man who carried out brutal sex attack on American tourist has sentence slashed

rooster59

1 hour ago, gigman said:

Barbaric law no more to say.

I think that its quite a good law. 

People tend to admit their guilt straight away , rather than going not guilty .

Also, the cut sentence is what they serve , no time off for good behavior .

In the UK , if you got a ten year sentence , you would probably only serve 6 anyway

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, MiKT said:

This thread seems to have degenerated into absolutely nothing of any interest, nothing really relevant to the poor girl or the sentence being halved, which is what thread is about; and I am pulling the plug.

Keep polishing your ego's - you know who you are and you are all male-ish. I would say that some of you bicker like old washerwomen, but it would be an insult to washerwomen.

Time to terminate the whole discussion which is now just a pissing competition.

16 hours ago, sanemax said:

Well yeah, its about what they did charge him with and what they didnt charge him with .

And why didnt they charge him with more serious crimes ?

Whist what he did was terrible, what he did were not actually serious crimes .

Walking away and leaving someone laying there , isnt actually a crime

That last sentence is beyond belief.

This piece of filth did and is responsible for far more than that. 

In addition, as his actions caused her injuries surely walking away from her is a crime.

I'll admit I'm not sure about here but I know it's a serious offence in other countries. 

Edited by Bluespunk

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

My point was that if you find an injured person at a bottom of a cliff, its not illegal to just walk away

It would be a terrible thing to do, but it wouldnt be illegal, so he couldnt get prosecuted for it .

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

My point was that if you find an injured person at a bottom of a cliff, its not illegal to just walk away

It would be a terrible thing to do, but it wouldnt be illegal, so he couldnt get prosecuted for it .

He did not just find her there.

He was responsible for her being there in the first place, due to his actions. 

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

This piece of filth did and is responsible for far more than that. 

I wouldn't bother responding - you are just feeding an inept troll - and that is being kind.

9 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

He did not just find her there.

He was responsible for her being there in the first place, due to his actions. 

YES , I know that !!!!!

But we are talking about actual laws .

That is why he cannot get prosecuted for leaving her there, because it isnt against the law .

We arent not talking about what is right or wrong , we are talking about the law .

Maybe you didnt follow the discussion, because some posts have been deleted .

It was mentioned that he should have been charged with more offenses

Walking away and leaving her, for exaple

My point was that it wasnt illegal to do so and thus he couldnt be charged with it

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

YES , I know that !!!!!

But we are talking about actual laws .

That is why he cannot get prosecuted for leaving her there, because it isnt against the law .

We arent not talking about what is right or wrong , we are talking about the law .

Maybe you didnt follow the discussion, because some posts have been deleted .

It was mentioned that he should have been charged with more offenses

Walking away and leaving her, for exaple

My point was that it wasnt illegal to do so and thus he couldnt be charged with it

And my point is that, if you walk away from someone you have caused injury to [never mind the sexual assault and attempts to strangle the victim] is a crime elsewhere. I'm now checking to see if that is the case here. 

Edited by Bluespunk

27 minutes ago, sanemax said:

In my homecountry it would be "unterlassene hilfeleistung", which - I think- might be translated to "neglect"...and that IS a crime!

Just now, Bluespunk said:

And my point is that, if you walk away from someone you have caused injury to [never mind the sexual assault and attempts to strangle the victim] is a crime.

Really ?

Can you find the law which states this ?

What law is that ?

What does the law actually state ?

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Really ?

Can you find the law which states this ?

What law is that ?

What does the law actually state ?

See my last post

Just found this so far.

Fleeing the scene of a car accident is illegal under section 78 of Thai traffic law, which carries a maximum penalty of three months in prison.

Continuing to search.

Never fear I will get back to you

Edited by Bluespunk

18 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

See my last post

Just found this so far.

Fleeing the scene of a car accident is illegal under section 78 of Thai traffic law, which carries a maximum penalty of three months in prison.

Continuing to search.

Never fear I will get back to you

Traffic accident ?

Why are you quoting traffic laws when no roads or cars were involved and thus do not apply ?

(DM07 : The posts that got deleted were from people posting laws from other Countries, which do not apply to Thailand )

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Traffic accident ?

Why are you quoting traffic laws when no roads or cars were involved and thus do not apply ?

(DM07 : The posts that got deleted were from people posting laws from other Countries, which do not apply to Thailand )

To save you time why not read all the post before replying

Duh!

However so far have found that a fleeing the scene of a crime [and this was the case here, no accident at all] is seen as an admission of guilt in Thai courts.

Edited by Bluespunk

14 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Duh!

However so far have found that a fleeing the scene of a crime [and this was the case here, no accident at all] is seen as an admission of guilt in Thai courts.

I think, we really should stop answering the apologist!

Maybe he will just go back under the bridge he came from!

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Duh!

It doesnt really matter about the smaller crimes committed, because this is usually reflected in the sentence.

If you had read all the posts , you would have seen that it was questioned why he got a lenient sentence and he got his 10/5 year sentence for the crimes he committed .

He could have only received a higher sentence , if he could have been charged with more serious crimes .

If, as has been reported that he tried to strangle her, then he could and should have been tried for attempted murder .

Which is a more serious crime 

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

It doesnt really matter about the smaller crimes committed, because this is usually reflected in the sentence.

If you had read all the posts , you would have seen that it was questioned why he got a lenient sentence and he got his 10/5 year sentence for the crimes he committed .

He could have only received a higher sentence , if he could have been charged with more serious crimes .

If, as has been reported that he tried to strangle her, then he could and should have been tried for attempted murder .

Which is a more serious crime 

I have read all the posts.

This piece of filth should be serving longer than 5 years.

Just now, sanemax said:

I do too ,

But you can only charge him for the crimes that he committed .

He was and was found guilty and was given 10 years [too lenient but there you go]

This piece of filth should serve more than 5 years.

Any so glib they try to minimise what happened by saying it's not a crime to walk away from someone seriously injured should be ashamed.

Still searching...

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

He was and was found guilty and was given 10 years [too lenient but there you go]

This piece of filth should serve more than 5 years.

Any so glib they try to minimise what happened by saying it's not a crime to walk away from someone seriously injured should be ashamed.

Still searching...

You are either not reading my posts, or you just do not understand what I mean or say .

Please read my post 346 .

I do think that theres no point in me trying to explain things anymore , I wrote it numerous times and still you cannot understand .

Its better to end this discussion

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You are either not reading my posts, or you just do not understand what I mean or say .

I do think that theres no point in me trying to explain things anymore , I wrote it numerous times and still you cannot understand .

As I told you I read all the posts.

The sentences of yours that we are now discussing were repulsive things to say.

"Whist what he did was terrible, what he did were not actually serious crimes .

Walking away and leaving someone laying there , isnt actually a crime''

I cannot believe you find the terrorising, near crippling of there victim, attempted strangulation and the sexual assault as not being serious.

•  
Edited by Bluespunk

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

As I told you I read all the posts.

The sentence of yours that we are now discussing was a repulsive thing to say.

It wasnt a repulsive thing to say , it was statement of fact .

Once again, if you find someone injured, whether you caused it or not , there is no law stating that you must assist them .

Yes, it would be repulsive to just walk away , but it wouldnt be a chargeable offence as the law stands .

Just now, sanemax said:

It wasnt a repulsive thing to say , it was statement of fact .

Once again, if you find someone injured, whether you caused it or not , there is no law stating that you must assist them .

Yes, it would be repulsive to just walk away , but it wouldnt be a chargeable offence as the law stands .

He did not find a random victim, he caused the injury.

He caused the accident.

He sexually assaulted the victim his actions had near crippled.

He attempted to strangle the victim, whom he had sexually assaulted and near crippled.

He and he alone is responsible for what happened.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

The smartest comment from you to date. 

If you had ever been raped You would understand it is the most terrible breach of destroying a person's self dignity ,and cannot be repaired. They will carry this horrible experience for the rest of their lives . rape is the worst crime that exist .

China has good laws ,and people are more careful to commit crimes ,because the punishments are severe ,and their lives are ruined . So they are cautious . If you run over a pedestrian over there ,you are in deep shit . In Thailand motorcycles are better than pedestrians , and cars are before than both ,so you better watch your arse in Thailand ,because you can die very easily. Why? ,because they don't have Laws protecting people !. Rape is rampant in Thailand as well , but you never hear because people are too ashamed to speak .  They got Buddhism, but there are a lot of wild people here . And the respect of humanity means nothing to them . You can pay someone to shoot someone for a mere ten thousand Bht . In the south where people are super hot tempered ,Murder is very common .  Yeah ,Thailand is not the peaceful place people think it is . Specially if you don't speak the language , shit can happen very easily. i met a german man who got stabbed in Chiang Rai mountains ,just walking minding his own business ,because they wanted to rob him . This man will never return to Thailand sure !. And they call Thailand the land of smiles .....what a joke.....i get along here because i know everything about that country.., but people who don't know have to watch out !. i came here in 2000 ,and at that time ,how many people treated us like shit ,and willing to cheat us ..... Now that poor woman on this subject is not able to walk properly because she got attacked by some retarded <deleted> and she tried to run away ,broke her back ,then got raped .....Ohhhhh that's just great .......  

5 minutes ago, bangkok2013 said:

If you had ever been raped You would understand it is the most terrible breach of destroying a person's self dignity ,and cannot be repaired. They will carry this horrible experience for the rest of their lives . rape is the worst crime that exist .

China has good laws ,and people are more careful to commit crimes ,because the punishments are severe ,and their lives are ruined . So they are cautious . If you run over a pedestrian over there ,you are in deep shit . In Thailand motorcycles are better than pedestrians , and cars are before than both ,so you better watch your arse in Thailand ,because you can die very easily. Why? ,because they don't have Laws protecting people !. Rape is rampant in Thailand as well , but you never hear because people are too ashamed to speak .  They got Buddhism, but there are a lot of wild people here . And the respect of humanity means nothing to them . You can pay someone to shoot someone for a mere ten thousand Bht . In the south where people are super hot tempered ,Murder is very common .  Yeah ,Thailand is not the peaceful place people think it is . Specially if you don't speak the language , shit can happen very easily. i met a german man who got stabbed in Chiang Rai mountains ,just walking minding his own business ,because they wanted to rob him . This man will never return to Thailand sure !. And they call Thailand the land of smiles .....what a joke.....i get along here because i know everything about that country.., but people who don't know have to watch out !. i came here in 2000 ,and at that time ,how many people treated us like shit ,and willing to cheat us ..... Now that poor woman on this subject is not able to walk properly because she got attacked by some retarded <deleted> and she tried to run away ,broke her back ,then got raped .....Ohhhhh that's just great .......  

What a terrible place Thailand is.  I am going to go and live in a Country where there is no crime and where everyone is very nice .

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What a terrible place Thailand is.  I am going to go and live in a Country where there is no crime and where everyone is very nice .

Bali ,the people are nice ,but over run by tourism ,Thailand you can live cheap and if you don't mix with the people much ,then it's okay . The attractive aspect here is the low cost of living . As long as you stay on a superficial level , life a relatively a cruise . But watch out for the women , they associate love with money ,and many white people live to regret it . and lose houses . You have to be careful in that country ,You can't just go trust .........