Copying A Picture From An Old Post To A New Post.

chownah

I wanted to take a picture from one topic and use it in a reply in another topic so I copied the attachment ID number with its enclosing brackets and pasted it into the reply. It worked at first but now it doesn't. the attachament ID with enclosing brackets is still in the text of my reply but it does not show up as text or does a picture apper.

How can I take a picture from one topic and put it into a reply to another topic?

Chownah

I'm going to try attaching sbk's cute kitten avatar here..well, I saved it to my desktop, all right, and then I tried to paste it here. Didn't work.

Can you explain it in baby-talk, please?

You can't just cut and paste, you have to attach via the "file attachments" button at the bottom of the full reply box. Then, after you attach it you have to click the "add this into post" button.

And PB, its a puppy :o

I'm going to try attaching sbk's cute kitten avatar here..well, I saved it to my desktop, all right, and then I tried to paste it here. Didn't work.

Can you explain it in baby-talk, please?

You can't just cut and paste, you have to attach via the "file attachments" button at the bottom of the full reply box. Then, after you attach it you have to click the "add this into post" button.

And PB, its a puppy :o

sbk,

I'm replying to your post so I guess I'm using the "full reply box"...is that correct?

I'm looking at the bottom of this window and see buttons for "+", "-", "Guided Mode Off", and "Check Post Length".....then there is a "Post Options" section where there are three things that can be enabled.....then there is a section called "File Attachments" which also says "Global Space Left: 48.83mb" and also has an input field with a "Browse...." button on its right and it also has a "Add This Attachment" button......then there is a section for icons....and finally there is a section which has an "Add Reply" button and a "Preview Post" button.

I see no button labeled "file attachaments" and I see not "add this into post" button.

Chownah

I see no button labeled "file attachaments" and I see not "add this into post" button.

Chownah

Right click on the image and select "Save As". Then in your reply hit the browse button to find the 'saved' image on your local computer. Then click on "add this attachment and it will upload from your computer to the server. When it is done then click on "Add into Post where you want it. Eg.

post-566-1164977486.jpg

Chownah

Right click on the image and select "Save As". Then in your reply hit the browse button to find the 'saved' image on your local computer. Then click on "add this attachment and it will upload from your computer to the server. When it is done then click on "Add into Post where you want it. Eg.

post-566-1164977486.jpg

Like this?

post-18764-1164979906.gif

Oh, fun!!! And sbk was right afterall, there IS a "add into post" button only it appears later. Thanks to both of you.

Chownah

Wow!!! SBK, all along even I thought your avatar was a kitten. :o

Regarding copying a picture, all the mods suggested saving to desktop and re-attaching it. Now, isn't that a waste of server space having multiple uploads of the same image.

I too had this same problem Chownah's reporting. I tried to copy the attachment ID between the [ & ] and paste from the original thread to another, but it failed to show up as images, only as [blah blah blah ], so I had to re-edit and upload again, as you can see from my comments.

I then decided to post just this same question in the forum support desk, but when I previewed, the image displayed well, so I thought that it might have been a temporary problem I was experiencing.

I'm just trying to attach one of my uploads here just to see if it works now.

post-2263-1160317894_thumb.jpg

Edit: No!!! It's not working. I tried to attach "attachmentid=16215" right above this edit. It displayed in preview, but does not display after posting. :D

Edited by guardian

Stupid software..... now it is displaying after I edited my previous post. :o

Edit: :D :D :D I give up :D :D :D After I edited and before I posted the 2nd thread, the image showed up. But, now after I posted this one, it does not. :D :D :D

Edited by guardian