recommendation for U.S K-1 agent in Phanom Sarakham

first post... please be gentle. if this is in the wrong area hopefully a moderator will move it to the appropriate spot. 

our 129 has been approved. that's the good news. the bad news is that I ASSumed that I was done on my side of the pond. I arrived a few days ago to discover that MUCH is yet to be done on both sides & the 129 expires in 30 days. my fiance is *not* internet savvy. (SMS messages & pix via Skype is about the end of it) 

the bottom line is that we need somebody @ this end to manage a very tight schedule. 

your help is greatly appreciated. 

jerry

OK, looks like you're at, rather she's at, Step Two of this process:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/fiance-k-1.html

Required Documentation
You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. You (and any eligible children applying for K-2 visas) must: (1) complete Form DS-160 and (2) print the DS-160 confirmation page to bring to your interview. 
A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
Payment of fees, as explained below

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can help her out with some of these, such as getting the police clearance, medical exam, photos.

There's more info on the process here:  http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide  

In particular:

What to send to your fiance once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2): 

1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one). Your fiance should review this information in advance of the interview (the embassy will have copies of this as well).
2. Send copies of the documentary proof that you submitted with the I-129F for your fiance to have on hand for their interview at the embassy. Your fiance should review this information in advance of the interview (the embassy will have copies of this as well).
3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).
4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is signed, with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.
5. You will need several items (for the above form). Gather duplicate evidence of income and resources as appropriate: 

(A) Statement from an officer of the bank/financial institution with your deposits, identifying the following: 1. date account opened; 2. total amount deposited for the past year; 3. present balance 
(B) Statement(s) from your employer on business stationary showing: 1. Date and nature of employment; 2. salary paid; 3. whether position is temporary or permanent (also include copies of your last two pay stubs and your previous W-2 for the associated employer if available) 
(C) If Self Employed: 1. Copy of last income tax return filed (or IRS transcripts); or 2. report of commercial rating concern 
(D) List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s). 

Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. See this FAQ for more tips and useful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.
6. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail. (backup information; the embassy will have copies of this as well)
7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, online chat logs (pick several over the prior few months), etc.. from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 until date-now).

Examples: Copies of land line and cell phone bills, appropriate emails and letters you have sent including the stamps on envelopes (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

thanks Mac;  i have a pretty good handle on the requirements after reading up over the past couple of days. the issue is I dropped the ball when I received the approved I-129 in August (misunderstanding on my part) the net result is the things that I need "...to send to your fiance ..." are there & I'm here.  I return on the 23rd & the I-129 expires on Nov. 30. 

further, I was not aware that my attendance @ the interview was a requirement. (is it ?) 

I have an idea, (or is that a "hair brained" idea ?) that we could submit an incomplete application in an attempt to delay the process & give me some time to sort things out. we're not in a hurry.       

it may be that the nearest agent is in Pataya. I'm thinking a consultation is in order. 

your thoughts ?

You might try to phone the Consulate in Bangkok and ask about an extension:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/fiance-k-1.html#11

"My Petition Expired – Can It Be Extended?
The I-129F petition is valid for four months from the date of approval by USCIS. A consular officer can extend the validity of the petition if it expires before visa processing is completed."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

https://th.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/niv-visa-classification/

Contact Us
Consular Section
Embassy Bangkok
95 Wireless Road
Bangkok 10330, Thailand

Call Center representatives are available:
Monday – Friday:  8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (excluding holidays)
Local telephone: 02-105 4110
From the U.S.: (703)-665-7349
Email: [email protected]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And, note:  "Only visa applicants with confirmed appointments will be granted access on to the Embassy compound. Accompanying persons are required to wait outside the Embassy entrance."

I've never worked with a visa agent so no idea how they rank, altho I have heard of a few pretty sad experiences.

per the representative that answered the phone @ the embassy they are only allowed  to provide an email address for contacting a consulate officer. 

I've emailed requesting a 30 day extension of the I-129F. I'll keep you posted.

after a couple of email exchanges the reply was (paraphrasing) "... no problem. submit packet 3 when you are ready and the petition will be reactivated". 

I should add that the initial message and subsequent replies were answered promptly.