FBI release of Bill Clinton archive raises timing questions 

webfact

6 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

How much incentive/prodding is Republican Comey getting from Trump operatives and/or Republicans in Congress?

Either way, it's blatantly partisan and probably illegal.   Thankfully, it won't change next week's result of HRC becoming President-Elect - though it may lessen the # of Democrats taking Congressional seats.   I just got an email from a Democratic Party operative mentioning that Big Pharma and medical insurance companies are plowing tens of millions of dollars into the Trump campaign in this final week.  They know Trump will be a lot kinder to Big Pharma's maintaining the highest medical costs of any country worldwide.  Trump advocates lessening regulations everywhere, and that's music to the ears of multi-billion dollar corporations which shaft Americans where the sun don't shine.

Yes money mutes reasoning every time. Spread enough money manure among the sheeple and that blows the game wide open. One thing I have taken away from all this is there is nothing sacred or private anymore. Your left naked by hackers for all the world to see your inner workings. Nothing is sticking to Teflon Don but Hillary is dying the death of a 1000 cuts. 

6 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

I get that you are trying to change the subject. However, that does not change the fact that Hillary pushed bombing a country that was not a threat to America and turned into a complete disaster.

So it's HRC will go down in history as the one who set that precedent?

15 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

^^ Here's your problem. We can all agree that Trumps a charlatan sleazeball, but for every example you cite someone can post multiple examples of Clinton doing something even more egregious.

True. But the timing of this is not a coincidence. Chances are Comey received many millions for this favor to Trump. At least that is what it appears to be. There is little doubt that most American institutions such as the FBI are severely compromised and partisan, these days. Gone are the days of clean government organizations. 

34 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

True. But the timing of this is not a coincidence. Chances are Comey received many millions for this favor to Trump. At least that is what it appears to be. There is little doubt that most American institutions such as the FBI are severely compromised and partisan, these days. Gone are the days of clean government organizations. 

I do believe most institution are compromised, or "captured" if you will. I think it has less to do with ideology than it has to do with money. There's just way too much money floating around the Beltway and no one is proposing legislation that would in any way cut off the gravy train.

I don't know what to make of the Comey revelations. I think he's probably covering his ass against the coming purge. Also, maybe the pervert Weiner has cut himself a deal, I don't know. I believe he is facing some very serious charges.

Edited by lannarebirth

I think most people agree that this is the presidential election where our  choices are indeed dismal.  We have also become more than ever before aware that the election process has become as close to a rigged process by both political parties as anyone would imagine.  Republicans refusing to acknowledge the peoples choice in Trump, like him or not. Hillary's colluding with the DNC to push Bernie aside. 

The election process is in dire need of an overhaul from the outdate "electoral college" process which in effect determines how and where the parties/candidates spend their money and which also negates the votes of millions of voters.  In certain states its a given that the state is so overwhelmingly  voting for one party or the other than it totally negates the votes of the minority voters. The voters in the minority might as well not vote.  California is so democratic that there is no point in a Republican even voting as it is a given that the Electoral College vote will go to Hillary.  It is an outdated process that needs overhaul. 

Voter polling on election day and early ballot results on the east coast being broadcast before polls on the west coast even close and networks announcing a winner.  Elections have become a commercial enterprise.  The whole process is going to lead eventually to the disenfranchisement of voters who will just give up on the process as it has become so corrupted. Seems like a sad state of affairs that the current generation of pathetic politicians is leaving future generations a totally dysfunctional system.  Should it really take a two year process to elect a President?  This might just be the last election for me.  The worst part of the whole thing is that when this election is over there will be no coming together behind the winner.  The losers will view the process as corrupt (not that I blame them) and never respect the winner.  Just the way it has become in this modern era.  Quite a shame that in a nation of over 300,000,000 this is the best we can do.  Most people respect neither candidate, but are voting for the one they hate the least.

Good post.. Have to agree

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

6 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

It is HRC who is running right now for president.

Not saying a word that might upset the great USG

prec·e·dent
noun

ˈpresəd(ə)nt/
  1. 1.
    an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstances.
    "there are substantial precedents for using interactive media in training"
    synonyms: model, exemplar, example, pattern, previous case, prior instance/example; More

•  

adjective

1. 1.
    preceding in time, order, or importance.
    "a precedent case"

21 hours ago, Publicus said:

This release makes it possible, if not probable, Potus will exercise his authority to fire Comey soon after the election…..

Good to see you acknowledge that after elections are over, POTUS will be a 'he'.

Carry on corporal.

21 hours ago, Publicus said:

Comey has completely lost it.

Consciously inserting himself as FBI director during the final two weeks of this particular election of the Potus has marked Comey as a madhouse figure in Washington who has knowingly or unknowingly self-destructed.  

Comey is inserting himself in the election campaign not once, not twice, but several times and only days apart. Given his position in the U.S. Government, it can only be a fit of madness.

Comey's career is over. 

This release makes it possible, if not probable, Potus will exercise his authority to fire Comey soon after the election, if not on Wednesday November 9th. No FBI director can do this completely political ambush stuff and do it not only repeatedly, but systematically, and not be fired on the spot.

Comey is but the highest profile lawyer-politician of the Executive Branch to represent all of the political investigators of both branches in their decades of political sleazebag schemes and manipulations targeting the Clintons. The bottom line in all of it over decades is that the Clintons win elections and there's nothing else the Republican right wingers can do to try to stop 'em.

Comey has gone completely rogue with the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Comey has turned the FBI into his own individual political campaign headquarters. This blatant and shameless political activity is in contrast to another FBI sleazebag Director, J. Edgar Hoover who always did his wicked nasty stuff well under the radar.

Comey's hubris is brazen.

So there was nothing wrong, requiring his action, in investigating the newly emerged Clinton emails? Or in WC (how appropriate initials can be) meeting "informally by accident" with the AG just before the previous investigation was critical but somewhat unusually decided not to prosecute by the investigators rather than the prosecutors?

And now, information automatically due for release is complained about because it does raise some valid points about WC's decision to pardon someone whose ex-wife coughed up a large donation.

Whatever your view of Trump, Republicans, Democrats and politics in general, the Clinton's hardly come across as a squeaky clean wholesome choice for governance. More like a family that sails very close to the wind whilst milking the system for all its worth.

Ya know what?this American Presidential election is getting so f#####g boring.It doesnt matter who gets in,the American population will never really benefit from any one of them.In a few short months they will be blaming the winner for something or another.Like the UK do after the elected Prime Minister gets voted in.

Clinton does this,Trump does that.Nothing will really change.

I have no interest in American,or any other country's politics.

They should have put Michael Douglas up for the job,he proved he could do the job,in the film The American President.

So I'm off to watch some paint drying...far more interesting.

Ttthhatts alll fffolks

This shows what kind of stuff the clinton family will do if they are in office again. I think it is public information and should be provided to all voters.
We let big money buy elections while we should be judging based on past proven history. Release all documents, good and bad, on both clintons and trumps family so we know.
Corruption, lies and misinformation has no place in our government. Truth is the only way :)

19 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Good to see you acknowledge that after elections are over, POTUS will be a 'he'.

Carry on corporal.

You and UG habitually chop other posts to suit each of youse.

UG rarely baits however, certainly rarely consciously.

I occasionally post to carry on and nothing more than that. That is all. I don't say nor have I ever posted to carry on idiot. Not that, not anything like it. I do not do that. I keep my sometimes use of carry on to the two standard words.