Fitness First-2200 baht/ month good?

Basoon

They should do around 1500 baht/month for a year membership, friends got that rate in the past. 

The racquet club (rqclub.com) is 21400 a year (1783/month) tell them if they can't beat that you're taking your business elsewhere. 

Even better just join the racquet club instead, it's better, ideally don't Fitness First with their lack of transparent prices. Unless you're forced to by the location you live.

2200/month equals NYC prices. I'd haggle them down or pass.

Exception being if you're only looking to buy a 1-3 month membership. If your willing to sign for 6 months to a year they need to come down, somewhereto  around 1500/month 

Edited by Rob13

23 minutes ago, jspill said:

They should do around 1500 baht/month for a year membership, friends got that rate in the past. 

The racquet club (rqclub.com) is 21400 a year (1783/month) tell them if they can't beat that you're taking your business elsewhere. 

Even better just join the racquet club instead, it's better, ideally don't Fitness First with their lack of transparent prices. Unless you're forced to by the location you live.

9 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

2200/month equals NYC prices. I'd haggle them down or pass.

Exception being if you're only looking to buy a 1-3 month membership. If your willing to sign for 6 months to a year they need to come down, somewhereto  around 1500/month 

Yeah I tried to haggle down but they said that is now the standard fixed price for everyone

I thought they sat you down with an agent to arrange your contract (who gets a commission I assume) and don't publish their prices online? So how can it be the standard fixed price if so?

I may be thinking of True Fitness Asoke for the agents, but Fitness First definitely doesn't publish prices online either last I checked. 

Racquet club is better for serious weightlifters, according to a friend who bodybuilds and has trained at both. They have a nice climbing wall too. 

Edited by jspill

• 2 weeks later...

They have Fitness first in Khon Kaen they charge 2200baht a month,, they also have many others,, Pulse they charge 1500baht a month,, not sure if you have An University where you are,, but here in Khon Kaen they have a Fitness center which you can join,, and that works out at 2600 baht for six months member ship,,  shop around.

On 11/13/2016 at 8:05 PM, welsh1 said:

They have Fitness first in Khon Kaen they charge 2200baht a month,, they also have many others,, Pulse they charge 1500baht a month,, not sure if you have An University where you are,, but here in Khon Kaen they have a Fitness center which you can join,, and that works out at 2600 baht for six months member ship,,  shop around.

I belonged to FF in Khon Kaen for 3 years, I think I was paying a little bit less than 2200 for a 12 month contract, but not by much.

I recently moved to the Khon Kaen Ram Sports Center.....more stuff, and about ฿600 a month cheaper.

I've also used the FF in Bangkok at Terminal 21, they all appear to specialize in the bright shiny purple lights and very very loud music, so if that's important to you, FF is for.

If not, shop around before you decide

Edited by GinBoy2

The quote for the price for KKU is 2600 baht for six months, not the price you pay per month,, total price for 6months,, so that works out at 14 baht per day,, cant see you getting it any cheaper than that.

31 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

The quote for the price for KKU is 2600 baht for six months, not the price you pay per month,, total price for 6months,, so that works out at 14 baht per day,, cant see you getting it any cheaper than that.

I paid 18500,  for 12 months, which unless my math skills are really off is ฿1541/month, versus my FF  membership of ฿2200 per month

Oops, cant delete this, but I'm quoting KK Ram, not KKU...apologies to all.

I should read and think more before hitting the keyboard!

Edited by GinBoy2