Andaman Club visa run ok?

Hello peeps.  I was all set to do a visa run in the morning down to the Andaman Club island close to Ranong.  Ive just been told by a friend that he thinks they have stopped allowing anyone do a visa run there unless they have a valid visa.  In other words, you need a visa to get back in, no visa waivers at this point.

I am at the end of my visa and also at the end of my 30 day extension.  I was hoping to go there to get 15 days just to take me through to my trip home to the UK to get a tourist visa.

Anyone have any info on this please?  I guess I could always drive a little further on and go to Burma through Ranong to do it but thats daunting on your own, surely?  I remember doing it 15 years ago and im sure a long tail boat from an old rickety pier was involved.  Im fine with that but i can see a bit of head scratching involved and i dont need that!

Any info appreciated, im supposed to be driving down there at 2am tonight 6 hours from now!

Best

TLS

As of a week ago, this was the only location on the Thailand-Myanmar border allowing border bounces to receive visa exempt entries. I have no first-hand knowledge that this has changed, but the media reports seem credible. I think you will need to find another solution, perhaps Malaysia.

EDIT: Actually, the media report above is from 2014 when there was a temporary major crackdown on visa exempt entries that was later relaxed. I doubt the situation there has changed in the last few days, and a border hop for a visa exempt entry is probably still possible.

Edited by BritTim
Checked date on media report
  • Like 1

I think you are out of luck and it is the same with all Myanmar borders - no visa exempt stamps, it is certainly the case up here in the North, some more information here - http://www.samuitimes.com/visa-run-clampdown-situation-rangong-andaman-club/

That article is from may.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• Like 1