Setting up US phone in LOS...

techy5025

Can someone point me to a topic describing how to set up a US HTC phone in LOS? A friend did it for me last year, but the Thai SIM card is lost so I need to start

from scratch. He used DTAC and it worked well so I am inclined to use them again.

Prepaid plans are new to me as I have a postpaid monthly plan in the US. Voice, SMS, are essentially free and what you pay for is data. I need about 2GB of data for

a month, some SMS, and maybe 15 min. of voice. I see a lot of data plans on the DTAC website, but not a lot about voice. Do plans include some voice calls? Do you

get both the SIM and a plan from the DTAC store or do you have to get a SIM elsewhere? Do "topups" add data amounts or just money?

Yes....a total newby! Thanks for a link to a topic or help..

Jim

I assume you'll be coming into BKK airport?

After you exit Baggage Claim/Customs into the arrival hall, you will see kiosks for all 3 providers: DTac, True and 1-2Call/AIS.  Dtac usually has the shortest line.  All 3 offer reasonably priced "Tourist Packages" with adequate voice/data.  They will install the SIM and set it up for you.  Around B200-300

Archived