Blue Elephant Restaurant

corkscrew

• 2 weeks later...

IMO blue elephant food tastes like thai food you would get back in europe. no doubt its well prepared and the ingredients are high quality, but you can eat much tastier food in a classy Thai restaurant for half the price. its a nice setting though, used to be the Thai Chinese Chamber of Commerce building, and the service is good.

also i wouldn't recommend anyone drive there on a weekday evening. that end of Sathorn is hellish :o

IMO blue elephant food tastes like thai food you would get back in europe. no doubt its well prepared and the ingredients are high quality, but you can eat much tastier food in a classy Thai restaurant for half the price. its a nice setting though, used to be the Thai Chinese Chamber of Commerce building, and the service is good.

also i wouldn't recommend anyone drive there on a weekday evening. that end of Sathorn is hellish :o

I know....we live near the Shangri-La hotel and sometimes it has taken me 45 minutes to go from Lumpini to Taksin.

I agree with the above.

The food was presented very nicely but didn't taste as good as it looked. It was full of tourists when I went.

tourist trap of the elegant kind.

Food is dressed up to impress farangs who wouldn't have a clue. Is very paeng as well. Then they bang on all day at work about how fabulous it is while eating their Au Bon Pain (God forbid they'd go to the market for a bit of Thai food).

Always dread when we get invited to these places. Luckily, having a toddler gets us out of most things we don't want to go to these days!

How is the food at The Blue Elephant.

Awfull. Really awfull.

Blue Elephant in Paris, and in London... are much better ! It's not a joke.

I would add : decoration is old ("tired"...), you can smell that the airconditionning system is dirty, bad lightning.

A total shame.

There is only 1 thing I enjoyed : the bar upstairs.