Video of farang involved in Bangkok road rage incident goes viral

webfact

He gives us a bad name? Really? How is that?

I dun think he given us any bad.. he was angry over those idiots for inconsideration , reckless driving and endangering public road user.. and there his kid in the car.. wun u be angry with that??

At least this farang did not punch those idiots and force them to kowtow to a non living thing

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes I have seen this so many times. I would say the odds were not favourable. Another few would have been needed to feel a victorious outcome. The Foreigner has done everyone here no favours with this. We all know how frustrating driving is here but if there is one piece of advice I can give to anyone who lives here, is never lose your temper, especially in front of others. Go home and kick and punch the boxing bag around, as getting angry here never gets a positive outcome.

Very good advice. Especially in front of others.

4 hours ago, elliss said:

Farlangs  ,     from the Western   Civilised    World .  ??

If the man in the story is representative then everyone who calls themself elliss is not stupid.

2 hours ago, terryp said:

"This is Thailand brother - you don't need to worry".

and there you have the problem , you could stay here 1,000 years and you will NEVER be accepted by these so called people (married with Thai born children...but NO RIGHTS ...Ridiculous).

All you armchair warriors commenting on this you are pathetic..;. they were HIS children not yours I guess thats the difference, you obviously dont value your children's well-being ..accident or not

GOOD FOR HIM..far too many idiots driving vehicles in this country that are basically not mentally capable of controlling as Numerous DEATHS prove daily

Tripe%20Club2.jpg

"The man - who appears to have a British accent - shouts at the scared looking Thai uni kids: "You could have killed my f**king kid!"

GOOD FOR HIM Bad for all of us.

Oh, but this is about the 'well-being' of his kids, rite?

He needlessly over-reacted and put himself in danger of a life-threatening situation for him and the possibility of the kids' having their father arrested, injured, incapacitated or fatally killed, all because of what might have happened. The presence of his children may have actually saved his life is what might also have happened.

-

"....one man reassuring the students in Thai language: "This is Thailand brother - you don't need to worry".

They don't deserve foreigners.

"Others like Peter Tung wondered why he wasn't attacked by bystanders: "Why didn't they pile in?," he asked, "This is Thailand after all".

So, Peter Tung, has Thailand no shame?

"Others appealed for calm."

Well thank goodness for that, there is hope for humanity yet.

Sure he makes the rest of us look like aholes too but good on him for actually saying something and having a go at these idiots. They know nothing of consequences and drive like crazed lunatics behind their dark mirrored tints, it's about time some of them got a bit of a shake up when they endanger the lives of those around them.

9 minutes ago, jolive said:

I dun think he given us any bad.. he was angry over those idiots for inconsideration , reckless driving and endangering public road user.. and there his kid in the car.. wun u be angry with that??

At least this farang did not punch those idiots and force them to kowtow to a non living thing

Hey! That's what i mean, he did what most Thai's do. He did not do bad.

Of all the accidents I have witnessed here, I've only seen one case of violence where a taxi driver whipped another driver with a big chain. All the other times I have just seen drivers casually getting out of their cars calling their insurance companies and taking a few pictures. 

I do believe people have a right to get angry but as soon as you touch the other person then don't start crying when you get ten bells knocked out of you.

Road rage and thats about it in common with the TV hi-so and motoer bike was far far more extreame.

The falang should have been calm cool and colected and set a good example, unfortunatly heat of the moment.

The falang gave the Thai guy a light push,   the Thai ex TV hi-so punched the other guy repeatedly and broke his nose, sorry guy's no comparison...

4 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

Darwin effect.

Thailand is the 2nd worst country in the world with traffic accidents with about 80 people dying from road accidents daily, 2012 the average for the world was 17 deaths per 100,000/year compared to 36 in Thailand, in 2014 that number was 44 per 100,000 and WHO state that it should probably be more than 40% higher than that if they would follow the same standards as in EU and US for reporting traffic related deaths... that mean about 63 per 100,000 compared to 17 in global average, 9 in Europe and 73 in Libya, a country in civil war! 

Yawn...

I know this guy personally, and first off he isn't British. He was pissed off because he saw the driver playing on his phone just before he side-swiped them. Hence his extreme anger at this idiot injuring his kids, luckily only minor injuries. He is generally a pretty cool headed and respectful individual but completely lost it when he saw his kids crying and knew they could have died by the actions of an idiot who cant put his phone down. No one should make comments unless you have been in the same situation.

The man is out of control and a moron.  Nothing tells me this was other than a minor accident - that's why you are insured.  Whether he is a Brit or the other driver is Thai is of no importance.  Interesting how many instantly start displaying their own racial prejudices.

4 hours ago, Pib said:

OK for a Thai to display road rage; not OK for farang.  

Actually, road rage by anyone does not help one little bit....just inflames the incident....like pouring fuel on a fire which can cause things to get out of control.

It wasn't ok for the Thai, he was condemned by everyone, without exception.

9 minutes ago, alien365 said:

Of all the accidents I have witnessed here, I've only seen one case of violence where a taxi driver whipped another driver with a big chain. All the other times I have just seen drivers casually getting out of their cars calling their insurance companies and taking a few pictures. 

I do believe people have a right to get angry but as soon as you touch the other person then don't start crying when you get ten bells knocked out of you.

I've seen kids like those in the video being scraped off the road and dragged into tuk tuks and ambulances.

I get bloody angry when these idiots do their best to get themselves killed by using my car as the weapon. I would think the guy felt the same.

4 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

if the police check the motorcycle driver they probably don't have drivers licence and/or are under 18!

Minimum age for riding a bike in Thailand is 15, not 18!

Edited by gdgbb

This Farang (English?) guy was very stupid. He has also compromised the position of other responsible Farang's in Thailand. You cannot and shouldn't display rage and react like that. The best thing he can do is to pack his bags and leave Thailand. He hasn't got the right  attitude to live in LOS.

This video goes viral among the Thai, would you say this is a good example of how farang should behave in public? 

Den would u say those idiot does the right thing to endanger public road user life that include their own nationalities
In the very beginning those idiots already wrong.. and if this farang did not step forward and warn them they will continue to drive recklessly and it jus a matter of time for accident to occur

14 minutes ago, dkmode said:

I know this guy personally, and first off he isn't British. He was pissed off because he saw the driver playing on his phone just before he side-swiped them. Hence his extreme anger at this idiot injuring his kids, luckily only minor injuries. He is generally a pretty cool headed and respectful individual but completely lost it when he saw his kids crying and knew they could have died by the actions of an idiot who cant put his phone down.

"...they could have died..."

There's that fatuous remark again, unless you can explain how they could have died in this incident?  How badly were the children injured?

as for myself, I hardly even noticed the people talking in the video... what I can't stop thinking of is all of those ****other**** cars and motorscooters.... almost all but piled on top of each other.  what a lovely place to 'live'.

Edited by maewang99

Whatever the situation that occurred......this is absolutely appalling and disgusting over the top behaviour by an abusive, hot-headed,  thug. A poster says he is a nice , calm cool guy.....!!!! Really.?

However,  the response of some Thais show you what they think of us.

"This is Thailand...you'll be fine"....."Westerner out".... "Three months in jail" .... "why didn't they pile in" (The usual five  plus Thai guys In true Thai style....kick the foreigners head in ). He is lucky to have walked away. 

Not a single comment like this against Nott....who behaved in a far, far worse fashion. 

They have a very low opinion of us. However,  in this case, I don't blame them .

Edited by harleyclarkey

5 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

"...they could have died..."

There's that fatuous remark again, unless you can explain how they could have died in this incident?  How badly were the children injured?

If he's not British where is he from? It's easy to blame the Brits if he is talking in English.