Thai/US teenager: Please help me find my American dad

webfact

Thai/US teenager: Please help me find my American dad

p4.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A Thai/US teenager has appealed to the Paweena Foundation for help in finding his long lost dad, an American citizen.

Parinya Tollet, 18, from Buriram spoke to Paweena Hongsakul yesterday about his difficult life after both his dad and his Thai mum dumped him with his grandmother at age 6 months and left.

Now gran is 84 and sick and Parinya misses his dad. Gran just has her pittance of a national pension and nothing else to make ends meet.

Parinya said that his gran told him his father was called Antonio Tollet.  His parents lived together in Buriram.

After mum gave birth and when Parinya was just six moths old dad fled to America. The couple had argued frequently about the mother's gambling addiction. Soon after his mum dumped him too and he spent all his life with his grandmother.

He only finished primary school , then turned to boxing competing at temple fairs for 1000 - 2000 baht a fight. He occasionally worked in odd jobs too.

Sanook.com said that Paweena, whose foundation helps the general public in many ways, would contact the US embassy to see if Antonio could be located.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-08

He sound "whiney" to me.   If we assume that granny did her best and raised him right and proper then that is all anyone can ask.  If the story is even true and dear old dad is an American and is in the States then good luck finding him and then what would he do after that ?  It's the cynic in me that is thinking that now that granny is in bad health he is looking for a sugar daddy.

Maybe instead of taking on windmills and working the occasional odd job he ought to try a more full time approach and make a go of it on his own.

I tried to read the article however it is in Thai.

I note from the English OP that there does not appear to be any attempt to contact Mum, who is Thai (and assumed either is herself or has family close by). So why dad and not mum?  Would he be looking for dad if Dad had a Thai name and passport? One has to really wonder about the motivation behind this.

This all sounds like a revenue gathering scheme to me, for good reasons or bad. Perhaps Tony prefers the anonymity that his son is giving mum..

8 minutes ago, TheGhostWithin said:

I note from the English OP that there does not appear to be any attempt to contact Mum, who is Thai (and assumed either is herself or has family close by). So why dad and not mum?  

Just because it wasnt written, that isnt to say that it hasnt happened .

He quite possibly is in contact with his mother

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Parinya said that his gran told him his father was call

1 hour ago, TheGhostWithin said:

I note from the English OP that there does not appear to be any attempt to contact Mum, who is Thai (and assumed either is herself or has family close by). So why dad and not mum?  Would he be looking for dad if Dad had a Thai name and passport? One has to really wonder about the motivation behind this.

This all sounds like a revenue gathering scheme to me, for good reasons or bad. Perhaps Tony prefers the anonymity that his son is giving mum..

Seems to me its time for Mr. Tollet to man up. Doesn't make any difference what his mother was like its not his kids fault. I had a Bxxx of a first wife but always kept in touch with my daughter took care of her financialy and put her thru University. He  and any dads here should make sure their child has US--UK birth cert /passport and for US social security card so even if they leave child can come to US to work or go to school,

2 hours ago, Emster23 said:

I googled Anthony Tollet and got some hits that might be legit.... he might try that

Don't suppose anyone thought of that, particularly a foundation used to doing exactly that, eh?.

38 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

DNA test required. He looks like a 100% Buri Ram Khmer to me.

You do know children can look just like one of the parents, don't you?  I don't look anything like my mother and my sister didn't look anything like our father. And as you seem to be judging on colour children of mixed marriages can be coloured or white, it has been frequently documented.

29 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

You do know children can look just like one of the parents, don't you?  I don't look anything like my mother and my sister didn't look anything like our father. And as you seem to be judging on colour children of mixed marriages can be coloured or white, it has been frequently documented.

DNA test for you too then.

And the rest of your clan.

...'dad and mum dumped him'.....???

...no....the 'mum' calls the shots.....

...this is really  going too far with slurs and insults and stereotyping against foreigners....

...and with a definite goal in mind.......

...I know a western male...a father..... that called Paweena for help with his 2 daughters.....

...that were taken away by the Thai mother......

...they laughed at him and mocked him over the phone....and never called him back......

...guess they want it 'all ways'.....for 'them' only......

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

DNA test required. He looks like a 100% Buri Ram Khmer to me.

This is a high probability and the reason why the 'father' never attempt to contact for almost 18 years. The mum could have revealed this fact during their bitter quarrels.

"After mum gave birth and when Parinya was just six moths old dad fled to America. The couple had argued frequently about the mother's gambling addiction. Soon after his mum dumped him too ..."

So,,,,They took the word of gambling, and most likely an alcohol addict as to who the real father is?  Maybe she made a trade to excuse a gambling debt more than once and not always with the same man, and revealed this fact during an argument. 

I doubt this will turn out the way he hopes. Dad didn't skip out and avoid contact for no reason.

It seems a little far fetched to me, his dad left him at 6 mnths old and now he misses him, how can he miss him, he would not even know him, let alone remember him, and has the father ever tried to contact the mother, about this baby? or maybe i'm being too harsh and the kid is looking for a father figure in his life, who knows!

Archived