Meet "Jao Yo" the Thai dog who knows no fear!

webfact

Meet "Jao Yo" the Thai dog who knows no fear!

a3.jpg

Picture: Daily News

NAKHON SI THAMMARAT: -- He must be one of the bravest dogs in Thailand - meet Jao Yo who lives in the southern province of Nakorn Sri Thammarat.

Daily News reporters went to the house of 83 year old Tang Sitthirit in Khao Phra district where the relieved owner said he was saved the other day by his faithful Thai mutt who attacked a cobra as it slithered into the house, reports Daily News.

Tang was awakened from his slumbers and surprised to see Jao Yo with the cobra dead in his jaws.

But this was not the first time Tang had his dog to thank for saving his skin. Apparently this was the tenth time that his dog had attacked and killed a snake on the property.

Our picture shows Jao Yo, a brown and black Thai breed on the right with his thankful owner Tang. The white dog on the left was unidentified.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-09

50 minutes ago, SOTIRIOS said:

....for many ......'their friends'....are actually more like the snake than the dog......

The voice of experience speaks.. I prefer to choose friends wisely don't know why you keep to the bad kind. 

I hope Jao Yo gets to eat the cooked up snakes' flesh as part of his rewards.  Poor Jao wouldn't last long in Australia; cobras don't have the aggression or strike speed to survive in comparison with the common browns or other venomous species. Same goes for the mongoose; they'd not be in the "fight".  A brown snake would have delivered 4-5 bites in the time a cobra makes one strike.

9 minutes ago, thai3 said:

I'd rather have a snake in the house, dogs are noisy pathetic pests

You'll never find a more loyal friend, than a dog. I suggest you probably make more noise than a dog, just that you like to hear yourself, and not the dog, who would listen to you rant and rave all day, WITHOUT complaining.

Edited by Rorri

2 hours ago, thai3 said:

I'd rather have a snake in the house, dogs are noisy pathetic pests

If your wife is yelling at the front door and your dog is barking at the back door, who do you let in first?  Your dog, because he will shut up when you let him in.   

Had the same pooch for almost 20 years.  Cannot remember him ever being pathetic, noisy or a pest.  Previous dogs were also well behaved.  Would have a dozen more if the resources were available.   

Just now, yellowboat said:

If your wife is yelling at the front door and your dog is barking at the back door, who do you let in first?  Your dog, because he will shut up when you let him in.   

Had the same pooch for almost 20 years.  Cannot remember him ever being pathetic, noisy or a pest.  Previous dogs were also well behaved.  Would have a dozen more if the resources were available.   

I wish this dog hater to find  cobra snake in his bed...

We will see how much he will love him....