Birth Certificate Problems

retoohs

I'm up in the far north trying to get my partner a birth certificate. Her birth was never recorded officially though she has an ID card and passport with the birth date as xx/xx/1976. We just went and saw the village head honcho to ask his help before we go the the local amphoe. He has said if we want know problems it will cost about 10,000b. It seems expensive. Would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has dealt with a similar situation.

Edited by retoohs

The village headman can attest that she was born at home, on the date on other official documents, 2 or 3 witness signiture are required. This paper needs village stamp and its done.  Wife never went to ampor, it was all done at village headmans house. I do know  he had lived there when the wife was born.

My wife did this and there was no charge made. sounds like a village head man is going for a self declared bonus.

16 hours ago, retoohs said:

Thanks Kwasaki, we need this for a residency application for New Zealand

OK maybe NZ would except her Thai ID card as that has birth date on it, the UK accepted it and they are just as strict I would guess. 

If not 'slapout' way to go.

Edited by Kwasaki

thanks slapout. He definitely is out to put money in his and his buddies pockets, I think it's 5 people the money is to be shared with. He is my wife's uncle which makes it worse. We have decided to pay, yesterday my wife and him had a big argument where she questioned the money and he said he was doing a favor so there would be no problems where she replied it was her doing him the favor by putting money in his pocket. NZ immigration said they require birth certificate and ID card is not enough so I said we just pay. We are off to the amphoe in 30 minutes time, seem this is where we have to do it in this neck of the woods. The amount rose by 2000b yesterday after my wife argued with him so up to 12000b now. I've handed no money over yet and none will be until we have the birth certificate. This is corruption at its best.

yesterday paid 9500b and a bottle of regency whiskey and obtained the closest thing to a birth certificate as we are going to get. We got a certificate of place of birth, can't get a full birth certificate as birth was never registered and mother has no ID So is basically an alien.