True Visions DSTV Outage

wayned

Has anyone been experiencing True DSTV Outages.  It started yesterday early morning,  no rain, some channels were OK others showed the "check the cable message" and on others the video was just broken up.  All music channels were off.  It lasted through the night but this morning it has gotten better as the music channels are back on and the video channels are on but are still experiencing outages.  I suspect a water intrusion problem i the LNB but a couple of times the message that they were having satellite problems appeared.

I finally got through to True yesterday and they said that they were not having satellite problems and scheduled a tech to come Monday morning.  To my surprise they showed up unannounced yesterday afternoon.  Of course everything was back to normal and they wanted me to sign off on the repair sheet and I wouldn't.  I tried to explain that when the problem exists,  if I bypass the three way splitter and hooked direct to each of the set-top boxes the problem was the same,. I even drew pictures but that didn't work too well.  So then I took them outside and pointed to the LNB and said that it was bad.  They got a ladder and I thought that they were going to replace it, but no the tech now tried to re-position the antenna.  I again pointed to the LNB and said "Mai Dee" and got a confused look so I went in and got a spare "C" band LNB that I had and showed them.  The light finally went on and they replaced the "KU" band LNB and now all' seems to be well.  On inspection, the old LNB had a large chunk of plastic missing on the top and I suspect that when it rained it filled up with water and took days to completely dry out. I could have bought one and replaced it myself as they are only 190 baht at the local electric store but climbing a ladder is not one of the things that i like to do anymore!