Condo management and water pump problem

Hi TV'ers,

I have owned a condo in Bangkok for the last 7 years with no problems, until the last 6 weeks.

A water pump next to me (I only have one neighbour) keeps making a humming noise that is making living in my condo near impossible (let alone rent it out).

Condo management company keep saying the technician will fix, but still nothing has happened. They now want me to pay for it, even though its their problem.

Is there any recourse to fix this? Is it worthwhile (or does anyone have a recommendation) finding legal help? Anyone been in a similar situation?

Thanks in advance

30 minutes ago, paulinbkk111 said:

Condo management company keep saying the technician will fix, but still nothing has happened. They now want me to pay for it, even though its their problem.

Is there any recourse to fix this?

You need to contact the committee and talk to them about it.

Are no other co-owners disturbed by the noise?

Condo Management probably consider it is still serviceable as it still works. I would get some pump guys out to quote, it may not be that much to repair and you could cover it. Or, If you go to the management/committee with a quote in hand maybe they will act. Especially if the quote says the pump is about to fail (it probably is). I am sure the pump guy could be persuaded to write that in the quote. Beyond that you could maybe look at some sound proofing for the common wall or an enclosure for the pump.

Edited by Peterw42

44 minutes ago, ballbreaker said:

If the pump only feeds your condo then you may be on the hook for repair.

If it falls under common property then management is responsible.

Its for all condos.

As far as others being disturbed, management say its just me, but I am second from top floor, so thats probably why.

Will check the price, if not ridiculous then I will take my medicine and pay.

So second question: anyone know any reputable (or just any) technicians? Management say its a compressor problem.

2 hours ago, paulinbkk111 said:

Its for all condos.

As far as others being disturbed, management say its just me, but I am second from top floor, so thats probably why.

What does the committee say?

Management are just staff and are there to do what they are told.

Suggest  that you establish the root cause of the problem.

It may not be the pump.

The other crucial part in the system total is the bladder tank. It is this device that in conjunction with pressure sensors  control the Stop/Start of the pump

If the bladder inside the bladder tank has failed-then the pump will run continually. When there is no demand then the output from the pump will go into a bypass mode.

Suspect that this is what your are hearing

It cannot never be your responsibility to replace the bladder tank,

It could be that the compressed air in the tank has leaked out.Hence their reference to a compressor. In which case it simply needs topping up with air. This is  a job for a technician. The values of the set pressure of the sensors (typically there are 2 -High and Low pressure ) plus the compressed air setting  need to be adjusted by an experienced technician. 

You have to report this to committee.

If I am right then the pump is consuming power 24/7