Belgian pensioner vs Thai Hi-So Benz driver - he went for me first, says Thai

rooster59

7 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

A hour wasted your fighting a loosing battle. Why So did the Hi So not just walk away he had the guy out aged and the blow missed him. I guess attack mode kicked in "How dare this old foreigner attack me a Hi So" and bang. It will be beneath him to go to the police station. Just another case of HiSo rules. 

He's NOT a Hi So.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

He's NOT a Hi So.

I agree.

Getting rid of nationalities, we have one stupid person suffering road rage and getting out of his car, going to the other driver's car and (at least) berating him.

The driver of the other car (after a few seconds) runs after him and knocks him down.

Both are at fault and I have no sympathy for either of them.

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I agree.

Getting rid of nationalities, we have one stupid person suffering road rage and getting out of his car, going to the other driver's car and (at least) berating him.

The driver of the other car (after a few seconds) runs after him and knocks him down.

Both are at fault and I have no sympathy for either of them.

Some think those that don't have a pick up truck are hi so.

Much ado about nothing. Happens all over the world, except in the USA, you'd likely get shot.

Still it sells newspapers!

12 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Some think those that don't have a pick up truck are hi so.

Much ado about nothing. Happens all over the world, except in the USA, you'd likely get shot.

Still it sells newspapers!

It was the "Thai hi-so benz driver"headline that made many assume he was hi-so.

Too many are incapable of reading anything other than that which they wish to believe :sad:.

Edited by dick dasterdly

5 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

The Belgian guy was an idiot for going to the other driver's car for a confrontation.

Unluckily for him the other driver (once presumably he had got over the shock of being confronted in this way) turned out to be an idiot too as he physically attacked the stupid Belgian instead of just giving him a stream of verbal abuse.

I'm at a loss to understand why the Belgian behaved the way he did e.g. getting involved in an 'overtaking race' in the first place and then going to the other guy's car for a confrontation :shock1:.  As others have pointed out, pushing in front given the slightest opportunity is normal driving here, and anyone with an ounce of common sense quickly learns this.  They also quickly learn that road rage could result in far worse than being knocked to the ground - and consequently the vast majority of long-term Westerners just swear 'to themselves' when coming across particularly bad drivers.

Perhaps he hasn't been here very long?  At first I thought he must have been here a while as he has a child, but it could be a step-daughter?

I think the woman in the picture is his wife. Around that part of Thailand there are many pensioners with young wives. But they usually have pick-ups .

I agree, the Belgian is an idiot. Nothing more pathetic  than men over 50 trying to pretend they're tough.

18 hours ago, getreal said:

once again we see that the original report and headline was a gross exageration to outrage the farang readership. 30years old or 50.

I often see these grumpy old euroeans being rude to the thais.around pattaya and have told them i will hurt them if they continue. In everywhere from banks to 7-11 to a hostpital.

They often have a much younger "girlfriend" in tow who seems usedto their aggressiveness.

They should be thrown out if they cant learn to keep.their cool, it isnt europe here, it is thailand, jai yen yen,   love it or leave it.

"I often see these grumpy old euroeans being rude to the thais.around pattaya and have told them i will hurt them if they continue."

Really?  You will hurt them?  Who are you to put yourself in the position of dispensing violence?  To quote you, "it is thailand, jai yen yen,   love it or leave it" [sic].

I don't believe there is enough of the story told, pre getting out of the car, and therefore once again biased comments are made without knowledge.

Farangs are always warned about confronting Thai road users, in fear they will be attacked or shot. This type of situation is too common.

Someone needs to stand up to the bad behaviour of many Thai [and foreign] drivers in Thailand. The police cannot be everywhere.

At the end of the day, this Thai businessman is a shocking example of Thai pleasantness, and very weak to respond in this way to an elder.

What would the King have thought of this?

Shame to the both of them

12 hours ago, getreal said:

i think you might be deluding yourself.

Most farangs end up with short, dark skinned single mothers who worked in the bar scene who no thaiman wants.

Buy ahooker a house, car and look after the extended family financially  

The thaimen are not jealous they are laughing their heads off. If some foreigner came to my country and.married a hooker and then bougjt her a house i would be laughing too. No jealousy whatsoever.

A laughing stock.

Ask your thai.friends if you have any, they will set you straight.

My wife was not a "dark-skinned hooker", I do have friends, and they are jealous, as I almost got together with his hi-so gik.    You should be careful about thinking you know too much.  And even then there are low so Thai men that would like those dark skinned girls, who don't get any ******, so I'm pretty sure the delusions are yours, pal.   Did you have a look at this guys wife in the article?   Was she an old dark skinned hooker?  I don't think so.   But think what you want. 

21 hours ago, riverhigh said:

Well said!! "After the Belgian guy finish playing dodgem cars with the other guy he then got out of his".  I have less respect for this old age pensioner. The Benz had won this childish game and finished ahead of him, so the stupid old fart being the sore loser decided to get out of his car. What's this BS line that he decided to get out of his car to find out what was going on. He knew exactly what was going on, he was playing games on the road and jeopardizing the safety of other drivers. 

What a load of B_______T......    The Thai attitude of driving with road laws rules and safety and is pathetic,  road deaths and injuries are evidence of that.

The old guy got out of his car to ask the Thai pelican what's the problem?  his wife filmed the confrontaion, the Thai pelican didn't like that and did as many Thai tuff guy's do hit a person from behind.  

Nice big fine for the Thai pelican and a lesson for the old fella, stay in your car...

1 hour ago, kalidescopemind said:

I almost got together with this hi-so gik.    You should be careful about thinking you know too much.  And even then there are low so Thai men  

This Hi-so thing really is a load of bollokkks.

i know some very affluent Thais, and I also know some less fortunate, however, I try to treat them all in the same manner.

I judge people on their personality, whether they are loaded or on the bones of their arse, and I tend to find the less fortunate ones

have the better attitude in life.

Anyone with money who looks down on people, purely because they are not of the same financial status as them, is completely arrogant. 

22 hours ago, DaveE13 said:

Be careful or the fake get real will "Hurt" you.

Maybe "getreal" just left the "t" off the "i".

So it should read "it will hurt you, not i will hurt you"

Who uses a small "i" when talking about themselves?

Just a thought.

Then again, maybe hes just a macho man(or thinks he is!)

Edited by soc

On Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 8:16 AM, kannot said:

"why" is the Thai face  blurred out?

Because it is this thing called saving face while the police and or the media will often side with the Thai person having any understood degree of power or influence or wealth or capability to reprimand the people that caused the loss of face.

Meantime ....The foreigner is known and well understood to be a person that has no influence at all and can do nothing to reprimand the others or anyone that cause any distress or damage or loss of face to the foreigner.....in cases such as this.

Altercations such as this immediately go sides ways and in favor of the Thai person or people and one of the reason the Thai man went to the police before hand so he could rig the playing field in his favor....by lying and twisting the truth.

The only hope this guy has is to rely on his wife to relentlessly keep on pressing the issue and expose the truth and receive compensation in the form of money rather than any criminal justice served as that will not happen...and if it did..... it would be a rare case indeed.

Cheers

In the Video it looks like the Thai man was been verbally chastised by the Belgian and or possibly the person filming the Thai man inside his car....just before the video was started.

You see the Thai man try to "swat at " or "hit out "  at the person with the camera ( so who is the person with the camera??? The Wife??? ) and then the person with the camera has to quickly step back as the Thai man is now angry and quickly throws open the door and gets out of the car and goes after the Belgian man while it is very, very clear who assaulted who and seen for the record.

I am wondering what happened just before the filming began because possibly the Belgian man laid his hands on the Thai man????..... or possibly struck the Thai man?????...... seconds before the person operating the camera could get the camera operating and then started filming, just when the Thai man struck out ( or struck back??? ) at the person with the camera and got out of the car to retaliate????

Another possibility is they deleted the first part of the video that may show evidence of the Belgian man angrily confronting the Thai man and verbally chastising the Thai man while possibly the person with the camera was also in the Thai mans face and also verbally and angrily chastising the Thai man .....and possibly laid hands on the Thai man..... or may of hit the Thai man while he was sitting in his car.

The Thai man "says" he was struck first and only retaliated very strongly and it seems the Belgian man was caught off guard by how quickly he was assaulted.

More than likely the Thai man is lying about being hit first but there is that possibility that the Belgian got out of his car and went up to the Thai mans car and started to shout at him while the wife was right behind him getting the camera open and operating because we do not see the first several seconds of the altercation and what happened such that the Thai man got out and pounded on the Belgian man.

So that part is open to speculation....but the next part  and on film and for the record is very clear showing the Thai man pounding on the Belgian man.

Either way, Judge Roy Bean, Law West of the Pecos says:

50 lashes each,  for the lot of them

Cheers

1 hour ago, balo said:

The Belgian clearly started it all. Just avoid any confrontations with Thais, verbally or physically and you'll be just fine.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Can you tell me why you say "Thais" here?

In my experience(31 years working here), Thais are less likely than other nationalities to engage in any confrontation. 

Your mentioning "Thais" could be misleading to some.

On Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 2:59 AM, Thaiwrath said:

Good to see Roland has his daughter with him for support.

Rent-a-girl can be soooooo proud lol!

Classic. Old guy wants to prove himself. A last boost of testosterone. The farlang knight on the white horse. These clowns always make my day. Thx tvf!!!

On 11/11/2016 at 6:18 PM, harada said:

There seems to be a lot of pent-up anger within the " Don't you know who I am " brigade in Thailand at the moment ( probably because back pockets are starting to hurt for a number of reasons) so they need to meter out a bit of Thainess to those they deem inferior to them, what a sad lot. :passifier:

harada, are you talking about the Belgian guy or the Thai guy? I guess you mean the Farang is angry with life in Thailand  and he wanted to "meter out a bif of Thainess to those they deem inferior to them, what a sad lot".

Are you writing Shakespeare's English?

On 11/11/2016 at 5:59 PM, Thaiwrath said:

Good to see Roland has his daughter with him for support.

Is that the daughter? Step daughter you mean? Pretty face, when your hormones run its course you will find it hard to stop your fingers. Fingers will find its way to the dark corners.  I think that's the wife, no?

If Farangs really love Thailand this will not happen.

If Farangs understand Thailand this will not happen.

The Old gentleman should be forced to wear a T-shirt that says, "I love Thailand even when they shit on me", sort of a punishment. Yes he must be forced to wear that T-shirt even though the Thai guy was wrong, why? Because this is Thailand that's why. Or a T-shirt that says, "I m 'ere for Thailand's Pussy Cat, not bcoz I luv Thailand."

I am beginning to think Thailand is not really a strong Buddhist Country. Probably because Buddha's teaching is hard to follow, it all falls on your own ability to correct your own mistakes. It's difficult for anyone to do that not only for Thais.

I believe, I may be wrong, Farangs really love Thailand even when the Thais scam them, shit on them, whack them, short change them, you name it, they still stay on in Thailand. I would have left long time ago. Bob Dylan sang, 'I am leaving on a jet plane...........

13 hours ago, Johnniey said:

In my experience(31 years working here), Thais are less likely than other nationalities to engage in any confrontation. 

Really ? You should read more Thai news then . The face thing can be a pain in the axxx sometimes. If I insult someone in my country they will probably not be happy but  I can walk away from it without injuries.

Try that in Thailand at your own risk, you might change your mind. 

Edited by balo

13 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Can you tell me why you say "Thais" here?

Your mentioning "Thais" could be misleading to some.

It depends how many Thais are present or if they need to round up some friends first.

You are probably right about being non-confrontational if a one to one situation.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

In Thailand the street law is basically simple: the biggest car, the biggest truck, the biggest bus. Yielding road to a smaller car or a smaller truck or a smaller bus is like losing face. Understood that, it is possible driving safely with a small car knowing that the Thais with bigger cars bigger bus bigger trucks always want to arrive first to the next traffic light (a few seconds...). Who gets angry with these IDIOTS is an IDIOT.

14 hours ago, madusa said:

harada, are you talking about the Belgian guy or the Thai guy? I guess you mean the Farang is angry with life in Thailand  and he wanted to "meter out a bif of Thainess to those they deem inferior to them, what a sad lot".

Are you writing Shakespeare's English?

I guess that blows my chances of collecting the Nobel prize for literature next year then.:crying:

1 hour ago, Tech65 said:

In Thailand the street law is basically simple: the biggest car, the biggest truck, the biggest bus. Yielding road to a smaller car or a smaller truck or a smaller bus is like losing face. Understood that, it is possible driving safely with a small car knowing that the Thais with bigger cars bigger bus bigger trucks always want to arrive first to the next traffic light (a few seconds...). Who gets angry with these IDIOTS is an IDIOT.

Yes...you are correct...and with an aggressive driving attitude that says:

I am going to make my move and everyone else needs to see what I am doing and give way because I am doing it.

Often, everyone else is forced to give way or stop or suddenly maneuver around the person making an aggressive driving maneuver.

Coming out of side roads and side sois are the worst....as many drivers just force their way into traffic and cause a whole lot of "momentary" chaos  as everyone else has to suddenly stop or some speed up to get past the vehicle recklessly injecting itself into the flow of traffic while some suddenly swerve to get around rather than stop while some do not have enough room to stop and ...Bang...another accident and amongst the most common type of accident.

And then, they argue it is Thai style driving and they do it all over again and copy everyone else doing it...as in:  Monkey See...Monkey Do.....lol

Hmmmmm....a common logic prevails.

Cheers