Canadian visiting Thailand > Philippines > Thailand (hopefully again)

Rules have changed from when I got my first double entry Visa last year, looking for some new age advice.

I spent about 5 months or so in Thailand last year and then straight to the Philippines without going back to Canada. I would like to visit Thailand again direct form the Philippines and then come straight back to the Philippines after. Goal is to hop around SE Asia until I get bored without having to go home until I need to renew my passport.

Will I have any trouble entering Thailand from the Philippines? Will I be restricted to shorter Visa types or even only allowed a 30 day non-Visa visit? What are my options here? As far as I understood before, one would need to fly home to get a Visa in their home country and have a return flight back to their home country.

Thanks in advance

While you cannot get multiple entry tourist visas without returning to home country, it is still reasonably easy to get single entry tourist visas. You should be able, with not much hassle, to stay a few months a year in Thailand. If you have trouble getting a single entry tourist visa (60 days entry with 30 day extension possible) applying in Manila, you might consider going to Vientiane Laos, Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam or Penang Malaysia first, and getting a tourist visa there.

• Like 1

Even me so difficult to have visa her in Thailand.. Im bored getting shorted of visas here, i went 4 times in Laos to got single tourist visa and now i had a red mark so i plan to extend my tourist visa in Chaengwattana for another 1 month next week.

1 hour ago, DanEA said:

Even me so difficult to have visa her in Thailand.. Im bored getting shorted of visas here, i went 4 times in Laos to got single tourist visa and now i had a red mark so i plan to extend my tourist visa in Chaengwattana for another 1 month next week.

I am guessing that was your 3rd or 4th in Vientiene when you got the red-stamp?  You can still get visas in other locations - though better to do this before the mark.  Penang will likely not deny you based on Vientiene's red-stamp, though not sure what the agent-fee change could be.

If staying here longer-term, best to rotate consulates in the region (2x HCMC, 3x Phnom Penh, ?x Myanmar, 2x Laos, 2x Penang), then use your "last" visa at Vientiene and/or Penang at the end of the cycle.  You may get lucky in Vientiene, and get a 3rd w/o stamp, in which case you can go for one more there, before applying for a new passport and starting the process over.

One caveat, however - avoid the Poipet land-crossing unless you are an infrequent and short-staying visitor.

1 hour ago, DanEA said:

Was this 4 from Vientiane, 4 from Savannakhet or a split between the two consulates?

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to get a 30 day ext. without a 60 day Visa? Ie: Just show up for my 30 day non-Visa tourist visit.. and extend that?

I ask because I'm no tin Manilla and that would be an extra and expensive step with hotels etc

Edited by B0nkers

Yes, assuming you have no problem traveling to and entering Thailand visa exempt, the 30-day extension is available (for 1,900 baht) and pretty easy. Note, however,

• If you have several previous visa exempt entries, immigration may pull you on one side and tell you you should be getting a proper visa. Entering through Bangkok airports, at least, they are very unlikely to actually deny you entry, however.
  • The airline at check in may demand to see an onward flight out of Thailand if you have no visa and are planning to enter visa exempt.