Phuket policeman’s son shot dead allegedly over B500 debt

webfact

Phuket policeman’s son shot dead allegedly over B500 debt

Eakkapop Thongtub

1479096612_1-org.jpg

A friend of the victim, Yutranan Jitchareon, 21 (left), speaks to police at the scene of the shooting. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A policeman’s son was shot dead in Khao Kaew yesterday night (Nov 14) in what has been said was a dispute over a B500 debt.

Maj Col Natthaya Suwanpong of the Phuket City Police was informed by staff from Mission Hospital at 7:30pm yesterday that a man, named as 21-year-old Thanapon Chusawad, had died while being transported to the hospital following a shooting incident close to British International School, Phuket (BISP).

A friend of the victim, Yutranan Jitchareon, 21, told police that he and Mr Thanapon had gone to an areas close to BISP to discuss with a debt collector a B500 debt they owed.

The debt collector arrived at the meeting point in a white Toyota.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-policeman-son-shot-dead-allegedly-over-b500-debt-59846.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-11-14

I don't believe for a moment that is the full story. (Source = friend and accomplice of the deceased)

However I am sure  that the killer has a good chance of not being taken alive. A death squad will be out for him as we post.

I am not sure that the main issue was 500 THB, but something else too. Even in Thailand 500 Baht is not enough reason to kill someone. Otherwise, at least one of them should have a gun, what is more than a normal street gadget.

Thats not good business ,shooting the person that owes you money,especially

500 THB,also what's the point of going to meet the person you owe money to,

if you don't have the money,normally debtors keep out of the way of people they

owe money to,think there is a lot more to this story,who ever killed a Policemans

son is never going to make it to a cell,that's for sure.

regards worgeordie

If a gas station attendant gets kicked in the head for asking a customer to turn off their engine as they fill it, and asking a pick up driver to go to the correct toll-booth to pay gets them knocked out, it's not hard to see that not paying 500 baht can result in violent death when there's a Thai involved. 

Edited by Happy Grumpy

I think the friend needs to be interrogated over this incident. After all, he's the one who has come up with this figure of 500 baht.

If the real figure is more like 50k then that raises questions about what that kind of money was being used for and might lead to the friend being arrested. So it's in his interest to tone it down as much as possible so that he can walk away.

In any event I just can't see a debt collector shooting somebody over a mere 500 baht somehow.

This 21 year old may have been a police man's son, but do not forget that police in Thailand are not

paid that much in salary, unless they are in a high position.  Chances are that more than 500 baht was

owed.   I knew a Thai woman who became addicted to gambling. She went on the lam from Phuket after

taking her husband of all his and his mother's savings, as well as a bunch of her friends, and a few

thousand baht from a mafia loan lender.  I never heard from her again, and her husband and kids still

live in Phuket, and over the years he has let me know that she lived in the north of Thailand under a

different name, but is still being hunted by the mafia.  Us Farangs only get parts of the story,  most

of the time.

Geezer