Where to find even mildly responsive real estate agent

I have been in touch with several real estate agents, but they all seem to be totally disinterested in actual work or even posting the add on their websites. This website included. Any recommendations on someone who would take their job in selling property half seriously at least?

mind to share what sort of property you want to sell, location, year built,  and what r your price expectations? I do not work as a real estates agent here but I have such background from my home country and a certain knowledge of the BKK market.

Did you contact international companies with branches in BKK or only local Thai outfits that made it to the top of GOOGLE for whatever reason ?

stickmanbangkok wrote a great piece some time ago about frustrating experiences using Thai agents

14 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Where are you located ?

Many real estate agents wont be interested if your price expectation is to high, they may already have lots of similar listings at unrealistic prices.

Perhaps RE agents lost interest from lack of info?

Good luck with that, a corpse shows more signs of life than most real estate agents I've met in Thailand. They go for the quick wins, if the property is highly desirable or priced low, they'll be interested. If the property is a run of the mill, average priced property like all the other ones on his books, he wont care.

6 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Good luck with that, a corpse shows more signs of life than most real estate agents I've met in Thailand. They go for the quick wins, if the property is highly desirable or priced low, they'll be interested. If the property is a run of the mill, average priced property like all the other ones on his books, he wont care.

Would help for the owner to think like an agent. Why would a potential tenant choose yours above the others?

Just now, trogers said:

Would help for the owner to think like an agent. Why would a potential tenant choose yours above the others?

Agreed, would also help if sellers didn't think of agents as the first line of attack, putting for sale signs and a telephone number on the property is the Thai way and it does work.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 9:16 AM, chiang mai said:

And why would they, they want to make a living?  running around showing every Tom Dick and Harry some 24 m shoe box in Pattaya or the alike would waste more money on petrol and their time than any likely commission they would get. There are thousands of units for sale, many of them the same, so as anyone would do, they pick and choose which ones they want to market, and those they think are sellable and would see them make a decent commission. I am sure everyone here would be the same.

Edit to add, i have met many estate agents in Bangkok & Pattaya and they bust a gut running after deals, not just to complete the sale but dealing with issues after sale which in reality should not be their issue.

Edited by smutcakes

My wife replies to everybody,but as just been said there are many condo,that are overpriced by their owners ,just not worth offering,also believe me there are many "lookers" who are a total waste of time and effort,you spend time with the good sellers and good buyers,time is money,

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk