Is It True?

London Crocodile

Where I live its always the farang-orientated bars; pubs; restaurants that have to close for local elections; public and religious holidays; etc.

The Thai bars, and beach bars just do as they please. :o Ho hum....

I heard (from a waitress) that they can serve until 1am on Tue morning, but then cannot open until midnight on Tuesday - so closed for 23 hours on Tuesday with no alcohol sales.... I am sure there will be many variations on this.

Where I live its always the farang-orientated bars; pubs; restaurants that have to close for local elections; public and religious holidays; etc.

I heard (from a waitress) that they can serve until 1am on Tue morning, but then cannot open until midnight on Tuesday - so closed for 23 hours on Tuesday with no alcohol sales.... I am sure there will be many variations on this.

As it stands from today Monday, All the Farang bars , including NaNa plaza are Open on Tuesday in soi 4 & soi 6.

I have no information about other locations ( Cowboy /patpong )

There will be a few that are closed for the owners personal reasons ( Hillary 1 and 2 will be closed ) but the rest will be full going.

Cheers

Is it correct that earlier this year the Interior Ministry revoked its order which bans the sale of alcohol on the birthdays of Their Majesties the King and Queen?

Will it be business as usual for the pubs and clubs this Tuesday? :D

:D

cricky's,

ive got a very important drinking appointment to attend to tomorrow. :D

if there's no lager available i wont be very happy. :D

hope your joking mate. :o

There is always somewhere that you can get a beer, if you look hard enough

One of my favourites in the days I was desperate were the bars inside massage parlours. They almost invariably serve beer the whole year round, Buddhist lent, election days, whatever...

(You don't have to have a massage :o )

Where do you live? Anywhere I have been in LOS is usually the other way round! :D

Outside of Bangkok, I've had little or no problem buying or consuming booze 24/7, 365 days a year.

That's what makes a farce of all these alcohol restriction laws.

Once you out of the big towns, liquor stores, 7/11's and the like look at you in amazement if you ask if you can buy beer at 3 p.m

Why ever not? they say.

As for drinking establishments in the thousands of villages the length and breadth of this country - well they will sell you Lou Kow, Chang Beer, Sang Som or whatever your poison is, at any hour of the day or night, any day of the year.

That's my experience , anyways. :o

Edited by Mobi D'Ark