Re-entry Permit

I will be applying for a 90 day Non Immigrant O Visa based on marriage. My question is, once in Thailand if I do need to depart Thailand during the 90 days can I do this if I obtain a single or multi re-entry permit?

Thanks in advance.

You need a multi entry visa if you wish to re-enter Thailand during the 1 year validity of the non-immigrant O visa. With a single entry visa you will only be allowed to enter Thailand one time. If you leave Thailand you will have to apply for a new visa to get back in unless you apply for a re-entry permit from your local immigration office at a cost of 1900 baht.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, thaisail said:

You need a multi entry visa if you wish to re-enter Thailand during the 1 year validity of the non-immigrant O visa. With a single entry visa you will only be allowed to enter Thailand one time. If you leave Thailand you will have to apply for a new visa to get back in unless you apply for a re-entry permit from your local immigration office at a cost of 1900 baht.

Thanks very much. I will just apply for a re-entry permit once in Thailand. 

25 minutes ago, shedend said:

I will be applying for a 90 day Non Immigrant O Visa based on marriage. My question is, once in Thailand if I do need to depart Thailand during the 90 days can I do this if I obtain a single or multi re-entry permit?

You can get a re-entry permit that will keep the remainder of the 90 day entry valid when you enter the country. The re-entry permit would only be valid for entry until the end of the 90 days.

16 minutes ago, thaisail said:

He apparently is asking about getting a re-entry permit for the 90 days he will get from a single entry non-o visa. It certainly will not be valid for a year.

A single re-entry permit costs 1000 baht and a multiple is 3800 baht. 

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He apparently is asking about getting a re-entry permit for the 90 days he will get from a single entry non-o visa. It certainly will not be valid for a year.

A single re-entry permit costs 1000 baht and a multiple is 3800 baht. 

Thanks Ubonjoe. Fully understand. Cheers 

From my experience using my French passport, the non O marriage visa is valid for one year. However the Thai consulate in Paris will only provide single entry visas whereas with my US passport I can get multiple entry non O marriage visas in Savanahkept for 5000 baht valid for one year with maximum stay of 3 months at a time and the same from the Thai consulate in LA for $200. I was not aware that the price for a single re-entry permit was only 1000 baht and I guess the 3800 is to convert a single entry non O marriage visa to a multi re-entry permit which I imagine will be valid until one year after the non O marriage visa was issued. Is this correct?

25 minutes ago, thaisail said:

From my experience using my French passport, the non O marriage visa is valid for one year. However the Thai consulate in Paris will only provide single entry visas whereas with my US passport I can get multiple entry non O marriage visas in Savanahkept for 5000 baht valid for one year with maximum stay of 3 months at a time and the same from the Thai consulate in LA for $200. I was not aware that the price for a single re-entry permit was only 1000 baht and I guess the 3800 is to convert a single entry non O marriage visa to a multi re-entry permit which I imagine will be valid until one year after the non O marriage visa was issued. Is this correct?

A single entry non-o visa cannot be converted to a multiple entry visa.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay of the 90 day entry from one, pay the 1900 baht fee for it and then get a multiple re-entry permit for it for a fee of 3800 baht or a single for 1000 baht after it is issued.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Patanawet said:

Sorry another question.

I have P.R. (permanent residency).

Can I apply for a re-entry permit at the Suvarvabhumi  or must I do it at Chaeng Wattana?

Do I need 2 --- 1 for passport and another for the residency book?

Thank you.

You can only get your re-entry permit at Chaeng Wattana.

You can get a re-entry permit at the airport.

Not sure if this is still true or not, but you used to have to check in for your flight first then there was a desk where you could get a re-entry permit before you  went theough departure imigration.

if you use that facility, be sure to place your re-entry permit number on your arrival card when you return to Thailand so immigration will see it when you re-enter Thailand.

Otherwise immigration may stamp you for a 30 day visa exempt entry or a 14 day entry, which ever applies to you.

Sorry, I missed that part about you being a permenant resisdent.

As ubonjoe states, that changes things. in your case.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
added a comment to the end