I'm from the Philippines and it's my first time visiting Bangkok. Help me. :)

peeyaj

On 11/21/2016 at 9:44 AM, peeyaj said:

Do you recommend that I stay in Siem Reap for additional day to have a 2-day visit in Angkor Wat?

Even though I never been there, but I think you should stay for 2 days in Siem Reap due to experiences from my friend. Ayuthaya is also nice but on a smaller scale, if you go I think its better to join a tour. The tour would cost around 2000-3000 baht I believe and they would be able to take you to a couple of sites where it would be difficult for you to do if you were on your own.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A question. I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to traveling to my destination as I experienced missed travels due to horrible traffic. The bus that will travel to Siem Reap is in Mo Chit 2 Bus Terminal or the Northeastern Terminal. It'll depart at 8:00 am and I'll be staying in Khao San. What are my best transport options to the terminal? Is it difficult to hire a taxi in the area? How much?  If I rode at 6:00 am, am I too early or I should expect traffic? Thanks. 

8 hours ago, peeyaj said:

A question. I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to traveling to my destination as I experienced missed travels due to horrible traffic. The bus that will travel to Siem Reap is in Mo Chit 2 Bus Terminal or the Northeastern Terminal. It'll depart at 8:00 am and I'll be staying in Khao San. What are my best transport options to the terminal? Is it difficult to hire a taxi in the area? How much?  If I rode at 6:00 am, am I too early or I should expect traffic? Thanks. 

You might research this a bit when you are on KSR.  You can find tour companies there that offer the trip also.  I did that and it worked out OK.  We did get switched to a pickup truck, but that was because the roads were flooded and the bus couldn't make it.  They've got new roads now and things should be fine.

I'm not sure that bus at Mor Chit goes all the way through?  They've been talking about one that does go all the way through for some time, so I may be wrong.  Anyway, research this when you are here...

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

You might research this a bit when you are on KSR.  You can find tour companies there that offer the trip also.  I did that and it worked out OK.  We did get switched to a pickup truck, but that was because the roads were flooded and the bus couldn't make it.  They've got new roads now and things should be fine.

I'm not sure that bus at Mor Chit goes all the way through?  They've been talking about one that does go all the way through for some time, so I may be wrong.  Anyway, research this when you are here...

Thanks. Someone advised me to just book a grabtaxi in advance. I think I'll just do that.

On 20.11.2016 at 8:05 PM, peeyaj said:

December 1 -  Manila to Bangkok, (Subvharmuni)  check-in to Khao San Road, will be visiting nearby temples and palaces (Wat Poh and Grand Palace) 

December 4 -  Bus trip to Bangkok, check-in to Silom Area,  Silom Night Market 

December 5 -  Bangkok Visit

Not much chance to visit Grand Palace for you.

The Grand Palace will be closed to tourists on 1-2 December and 5-6 December 2016

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/grand-palace-will-be-closed-to-public-and-tourists-on-dec-1-2/

On 21/11/2016 at 1:22 PM, AgMech Cowboy said:

ATM's are everywhere, but there rates are the poorest.  Do you have money changers in the Philippines (I don't mean the bank)? A non-bank money changer will give you the best rate. I suggest bring 15-20k baht exchanged in the Philippines and then finding a non-bank exchanger in Bangkok for additional funds. I know there is one in the Pratunam Market and another on Sukhumvit Soi 3 a half a block from the Sukhumvit intersection (west side).

IMO, an ATM should be your last resort for exchanging cash.

10k max pesos is the limit to take out

6 hours ago, joeboxer said:

10k max pesos is the limit to take out

The following banks all allow ATM withdrawals of greater than 20,000 THB, which is the maximum for most banks not listed below:

Citibank: Maximum withdrawal limit 50’000 THB

Krungsri Bank: Maximum withdrawal limit 30’000 THB

Thai Military Bank: Maximum withdrawal limit 30’000 THB

CIMB Bank: Maximum withdrawal limit 30’000 THB

Bangkok Bank: Maximum withdrawal limit 25’000 THB

I can only confirm from personal experience the Krungsri and Bangkok Bank withdrawal limits.  These banks allow you to withdraw more than 10k PHP, UNLESS you're Philippine bank has a lower limit in place.  You can ask your Philippine bank for the maximum withdrawal limit that is in place for your ATM card.  Some banks allow you to change the limit in place.