RETIREMENT VISA

I have been offered by a visa shop that they will put 800,000bt in the bank for me and get me a Retirement visa for 25,000bt

Ok 1 is this legal to do by the visa shop or is it illegal as I have been told that people have been arrested at the airport when they went for a re entry stamp when going home?

any ideas any-one thanks

Edited by john davis

No problem with this kind kind of visa extension, as long as the Immigration is involved. (in Pattaya and Bangkok possible) Make sure you go together with the the agent to the Immigration office. Hundreds, mostly in Pattaya, are using this option. 

Munotlaw

Edited by Munotlaw

Regardless of where or by who done it is illegal and if it comes to light there can be issues.  Immigration officials are found out and that can result in all there stamps being reviewed.  As Thailand has recently started to be serious about blacklisting any shortcuts should be carefully considered for any possible long term consequence.  

10 hours ago, Mister Fixit said:

It isn't just illegal, it's way over-priced.  Almost double, in fact.  

There are Thai agents who will do this for about 13,000 baht.  Strangely, it seems to be the Western agents who charge the earth.  

CAN YOU LET ME KNOW WHO WILL DO FOR 13000 PLEASE

3 hours ago, john davis said:

CAN YOU LET ME KNOW WHO WILL DO FOR 13000 PLEASE

A risk that you run with any agent, regardless of the price they charge, that, instead of taking your passport round to the immigration office for the necessary stamps to be affixed, they will instead take it round to a mate of theirs who is an expert in forgery for this purpose.

In any case, unless you live in Chiang Mai, you really shouldn't need the services of an agent to obtain a retirement extension in any event. I have myself succeeded in obtaining 6 retirement extensions to date from my local immigration office completely off my own bat!